Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#4591 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

I know it's not exactly in the festive spirit, but I've been waiting forever for a deal on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Anyone know if it's been on sale before?

Once, not this past Halloween but the one before it. I was a bit miffed it wasn't on sale this last Halloween as I missed it before.

#4592 dablemont

dablemont

The Storm is Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:57 AM

Ugh... told myself I wouldn't be buying anymore games after I got DA:O UE but ended up getting Monkey Island and now NWN2... XD

dablemont.png

#4593 iso135

iso135

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

I'll just reiterate what I've said before in the thread. There are some big things that bring down Mirror's Edge (combat is a bit awkward, story is a little light, cutscenes are... Distracting...) but aside from that, it's in my top ten games of all time list. The city-scape is so beautiful and vibrant, which helps drive the idea that the government in the game is trying to hide all the dirt and grime and life which makes a world real. The free-running is amazing and you get a great sense of speed. It's a bit biased since I love the game so much and look past it's flaws, but for $5, it's definitely worth it in my eyes.

Thanks, even if you are biased, your "top ten of all-time" has to be equal to my "worth 5 bucks". I watched a couple of game-play vids, and it looks like a good change of pace.

#4594 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Anyone expericing issues with Serious Sam? I start the game up and it just boots back to my desktop.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#4595 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

I know it's not exactly in the festive spirit, but I've been waiting forever for a deal on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Anyone know if it's been on sale before?

I'm waiting on this as well so I can stop using my disc copy.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4596 PnoyChillin

PnoyChillin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

In for KOTOR.
Just as good as before!

#4597 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

I'm thinking about getting KOTOR, I tried the Serious Sam Demo but it gave me a headache so i'll pass.

Now Playing:

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix // Grand Theft Auto V

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Fall

#4598 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

I'm thinking about getting KOTOR

Buy it man you won't regret it 2.49 is a steal for that game!

Still heavily considering NWN 2 I just want to make sure it's not a mess like the Oddbox.

Has anyone been able to install and play the Steam version yet?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4599 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

Killing Floor shows up for $5.71 to me, not $7 like someone said before. Region prices?

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#4600 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

Torn on NWN2. On one hand, I bought it AND MotB retail when they first came out (never beat MotB due to...laptop issues). On the other hand, I can't seem to find either key.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#4601 jaredhenry13

jaredhenry13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:44 AM

Is KOTOR worth playing if I mainly like RPGs in the style of Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion, and Mass Effect?
Posted Image[IMG]http://exophase.com/gamercards/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/144384.png[/IMG]

#4602 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

Is KOTOR worth playing if I mainly like RPGs in the style of Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion, and Mass Effect?

OMG yes! It's a no brainer. Pull the trigger!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4603 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

The people who made Mass Effect made KOTOR

#4604 thetruelokre

thetruelokre

Secretly three gophers in a human costume

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

Posted Image

haven't seen this posted yet

527753.png?23636769

#4605 Firvagor

Firvagor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

KotOR is made by BioWare (y'know, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, MDK, NWN, Jade Empire...) if that makes anyone's decision easier.

B
Still heavily considering NWN 2 I just want to make sure it's not a mess like the Oddbox.

Oddboxx is half ports, though, plus the games are pretty old. Despite that, I'm also curious about any "new to Steam" issues or anything with NWN2.

#4606 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:04 AM

Because its an earlier Bioware game, its a very stripped down version of later games, like Mass Effect. I couldn't get past the lake of real time combat. You don't shoot the enemy, you click the shoot button and it does a dice roll as to whether you hit him. I hate games where you queue up your combat actions instead of just doing them using my skill.

I think anyone that's played later Bioware games without having played the earlier ones first will find it very very difficult to go back and enjoy the more rudimentary version of later games.

#4607 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

Oddboxx is half ports, though, plus the games are pretty old. Despite that, I'm also curious about any "new to Steam" issues or anything with NWN2.

Ah yes good point, I keep refreshing the steam forum page for NWN2 to see what people are saying.

http://forums.steamp...play.php?f=1060

Some people with Win 7 64 bit were having a corrupted model/crashing issue but, a patch from Steam fixed that.

Lots of bitching about the lack of Mysteries of Westgate but, it's explained it is not an expansion plus was made by a completely different company.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4608 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

I can't resist NWN2 for $10. Help me.

#4609 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

Is Killing Floor worth it if I already have the L4D games? (I know their different but I'm asking if their so different and if its good enough that I need to add another zombie fps to my collection) Also leaning heavily towards serious sam. Seems like a nice bit of mindless epic fun for $4.

#4610 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

I can't resist NWN2 for $10. Help me.

I'm trying my best to resist it. Telling myself that I'll probably never get around to it until next year (when it'll probably be on sell again) helps.

#4611 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

if the download is going slow for you guys change the download region to US-Charlotte. Its downloading at 1 mb for me.

#4612 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:33 AM

I'm trying my best to resist it. Telling myself that I'll probably never get around to it until next year (when it'll probably be on sell again) helps.

ditto. Picked up DA Ultimate and Witcher. I'm trying to tell myself it wont get played.

#4613 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

I'll throw out some input on some of the deals I've already played:

*Mirror's Edge $5 - Buy it. It's such a cool concept (FPP - First Person Parkour), it works great and once you get the feel for how Faith moves, you can do some pretty wild moves. Can be a little disorienting because of the perspective, though (doing flips actually flips your view).
*Machinarium $3 - BUY IT. Wonderful point and click adventure that is just bursting at the seams with charm.
*Killing Floor - It is really nothing like L4D 1/2. You face increasingly more difficult waves of zombie-type mutants with the other players, and buy/upgrade equipment in between. The accuracy is great, the teamwork is essential - find a choke point and go back to back - and the players are cool. IMO it's totally worth playing. A lot.
*Serious Sam - I played the original game strictly co-op back when it was "new" and it's one of the best experiences I've had gaming. It just gets over the top insane as it goes on, in a good way. This game was made for playing with friends, so I'd advise making sure you have someone to play with before buying. For this price, hand out gifts.

Pretty strongly considering NWN2; never finished 1 though. Also in for the KF DLC.
Posted Image

#4614 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

i'm not seeing any love for lost planet 2 what gives

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4615 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:00 AM

No purchases today. I already own KOTOR, Machinarium, and Serious Sam 1 & 2 in HD (wish I would've waiting for the Gold to go on sale to get the originals too). NWN2 is tempting but I can wait on it. At first I considered Killing Floor but I'm a scared-y cat and don't really see myself playing it much.

I gifted my cousin Super Meat Boy when it first went on sale and he doesn't have a Wired Xbox 360 controller like me but he did just buy a PS3. I thought someone mentioned a mod or drivers to allow you to play certain PC games with a PS3 controller? Will this work for SMB? How do you do it? He wants to play but that game is impossible with a keyboard.

#4616 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

Got Prey from gamersgate to add to my steam catalog.... $2.50, no longer available from steam...

#4617 Volcynika

Volcynika

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:09 AM

No purchases today. I already own KOTOR, Machinarium, and Serious Sam 1 & 2 in HD (wish I would've waiting for the Gold to go on sale to get the originals too). NWN2 is tempting but I can wait on it. At first I considered Killing Floor but I'm a scared-y cat and don't really see myself playing it much.

I gifted my cousin Super Meat Boy when it first went on sale and he doesn't have a Wired Xbox 360 controller like me but he did just buy a PS3. I thought someone mentioned a mod or drivers to allow you to play certain PC games with a PS3 controller? Will this work for SMB? How do you do it? He wants to play but that game is impossible with a keyboard.

It's called MotionJoy. I'm not clear enough on any info to give you except for the name. D:

#4618 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

Got Prey from gamersgate to add to my steam catalog.... $2.50, no longer available from steam...

Same. Saw it on slickdeals earlier.

Prey for $2.50 on Gamergate which can be activated on steam-
http://slickdeals.ne...=1#post35791389

Only thing I am thinking about picking up today is Mirrors Edge. I have heard a lot of conflicting views on it. Trying not to bite on game I am on the edge about because I have enough games that I want to play but do not have the time as it is. Will probably pass and holdout for the summer/next christmas sale.

#4619 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:27 AM

Mirrors Edge is a hate it or love it type game. I personally loved it playing through a no gun run and having the controls down.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#4620 Argive

Argive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

Mass Effect is essentially a KOTOR sequal without the Star Wars license. Just ask yourself if you want to play an older Mass Effect with less eye candy but with star wars. Note: there isn't any indication of the awful ME1 inventory system. I don't know what possessed bioware with that one. :roll:
Posted Image