Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#4621 hbluft

hbluft

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

Just got home from work, told myself no more games yesterday... I think Serious Sam killed that for me... I am proud to say that I'm gonna pass on NWN2, because I just bought the first one on GOG for their sale. As well as having DA:O Ultimate from 2 days ago. Oh, and the Witcher... Someone stop me, please.

#4622 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:50 AM

i'm not seeing any love for lost planet 2 what gives

Do want, but I don't know if I can stomach another $20 for it. Oh, who am I kidding, I want it!!! But I just ordered a GTX 570... wah! I wish Lost Planet Colonies was on sale too, it's on my wishlist as well. Grr...

#4623 Blackshear

Blackshear

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:50 AM

I keep coming back buying stuff after I think I'm done lol... so far

Battlefield Bad Co. 2
Super Meat Boy
Overlord 2
Witcher Enhanced Edition
Serious Sam Double Pack (save $1 vs gold.. why would I want the old versions?)
Killing Floor character packs
Currently playing:
Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, GTA V, GoW: Ascension, Starbound Beta

#4624 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:53 AM

Is there really any benefit to buying the gold version of serious sam over the double pack? I know the gold comes with the original games, but is there really any draw to playing those over the HD versions?

#4625 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

Is there really any benefit to buying the gold version of serious sam over the double pack? I know the gold comes with the original games, but is there really any draw to playing those over the HD versions?

There are a bunch of mods that only work for the originals. I also think I remember someone saying that coop saving doesn't work or Is buggy in the hd versions.

#4626 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:59 AM

I strongly recommend against Serious Sam. I bought it a while back when it was $10 in a weekend deal, playing through the first one was a chore and I never ended up playing through the second one. It has some of the most bland environments I've ever seen and after the first couple of big fights the battles start to become incredibly tedious and boring.

Sounds like frantic first person shooters just aren't your thing. I'll chalk you up as the first person I've ever heard to voice that opinion. For balance I'll disagree with your disagreement and say that it's an absolute classic shooter with an emphasis on movement, weapon switching, and co-op gameplay.

Is Killing Floor worth it if I already have the L4D games?

Yes. Oh yes.

#4627 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:59 AM

Thanks for the reply Provis. I think I'll just get the double pack, I don't really play around with mods much.

#4628 Wolfmight

Wolfmight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

Same. Saw it on slickdeals earlier.

Prey for $2.50 on Gamergate which can be activated on steam-
http://slickdeals.ne...=1#post35791389

Only thing I am thinking about picking up today is Mirrors Edge. I have heard a lot of conflicting views on it.

Trying not to bite on game I am on the edge about because I have enough games that I want to play but do not have the time as it is. Will probably pass and holdout for the summer/next christmas sale.

Prey's CD-Key will officially activate on Steam?
Can't find it in Steam's game library.

As for Mirror's Edge in today's Deals, Just saw X-Play's review of it on the 360 (PC version probably not that much different) and I'm more convinced. Source: http://g4tv.com/game...rs-edge/review/ Probably gonna go with just this one today. Short 8-10 story, but highly unique and fun. Don't need anymore super long games anyways with Mass Effect 2 and New Vegas still in progress.

FPS French Parkour (free running buildings, objects, landscapes...) is the highlight of this game.:bouncy:

#4629 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:13 AM

Is NWN2 or Killing Floor worth it? I mean its a lot of bang for the buck but are they fun? If they were PC and Mac I would be all over it. Nice to have more games for my Mac. Is Killing Floor like Left for Dead?
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#4630 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:13 AM

6 more days? Jeez, I don't think I can make it...

And now for an anecdote: My bank account is down to <$30, what with Christmas and this sale. I was cutting it close, and then today I got a Christmas gift in the mail - a Visa universal giftcard for $50, totally ready for online purchases... THIS MEANS SOMETHING!!!! :pray: :whee:

#4631 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:18 AM

Lost Planet 2 - I got it on steam for free with my solid state drive. I can't get it to play on my windows 7 - 64bit machine. Capcom won't respond to my email. I have a brand new machine that can run anything I can think of without a problem. In any case I'd recommend against it at that point.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#4632 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:21 AM

once you get the hang of the controls in Mirror's Edge, everything just.. flows. It's a fantastic game, I've played through it several times on the 360, and I think I'll be picking it up so I can play through it on the PC.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4633 Fearbeard

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:24 AM

Mass Effect is essentially a KOTOR sequal without the Star Wars license. Just ask yourself if you want to play an older Mass Effect with less eye candy but with star wars. Note: there isn't any indication of the awful ME1 inventory system. I don't know what possessed bioware with that one. :roll:

ME and KOTOR play nothing alike though...

The gameplay in KOTOR is more along the lines of Dragon Age.

Storywise and characterwise, it's still among one of Bioware's best.

Games Completed -  2014 - 2013 - 2012 
Game Spending List -  2014 - 2013 - 2012

#4634 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

Think Im gonna grab KOTOR. Never really got into them, was more into Jedi Outcast/Academy.

#4635 W0lfRHart

W0lfRHart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

how is eve online: incursion and serious sam hd gold edition? worth it?

#4636 Darrith

Darrith

The Lion King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

how is eve online: incursion

It's an MMO. Space, you fly ships, heavy on pvp.

But good if you like that stuff.

#4637 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

Prey's CD-Key will officially activate on Steam?
Can't find it in Steam's game library.

As for Mirror's Edge in today's Deals, Just saw X-Play's review of it on the 360 (PC version probably not that much different) and I'm more convinced. Source: http://g4tv.com/game...rs-edge/review/ Probably gonna go with just this one today. Short 8-10 story, but highly unique and fun. Don't need anymore super long games anyways with Mass Effect 2 and New Vegas still in progress.

FPS French Parkour (free running buildings, objects, landscapes...) is the highlight of this game.:bouncy:

Well the PC version has the added PhysX stuff like cloth and smoke simulations.

One minor note though about the Steam version of Mirror's Edge is that it does not support the DLC levels. Only the retail and EA download versions support that I believe. They're not really worth it as they're just time trials in MGS VR like environments.

Edited by Pajama_Man, 28 December 2010 - 06:25 AM.

Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#4638 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

Hey everyone, I just got the killing floor. If anyone is interested in playing over the next few weeks, send a FR to MrBryson (great thread by the way).
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#4639 GoingIncognito

GoingIncognito

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

Been a bust last few days of the sale for me. Nothing I really wanted, especially considering my growing backlog of games. Today I did end up buying Serious Sam Double Pack (I don't need the original versions), Killing Floor (no character packs, trying to save a few bucks here :P), and KOTOR. I do want a few of the indie packs, but I'm lazy and forgot to add them to my cart :).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. " --Albert Einstein

Check My List

#4640 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

Anybody know if 360 controllers work for Mirror's Edge? I want the game for the 360, but I might consider it on PC if I can use the pad.
Posted Image

#4641 Cybolt

Cybolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:52 AM

In for Killing Floor. Wanted to pick it up when it was on sale at 6.80 earlier but for 15 cents more, the extra DLC is ok.

#4642 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

To anyone who's purchased the Paradox "Complete" Pack, the content listing seems to be missing a few pieces of Paradox DLC (Like East India Company - Pirate Bay, Trafalgar).

Did you receive them anyway (just as Dawn of War 1 was "missing" from the THQ Pack some time ago) or are they actually not included?

#4643 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:27 AM

Bought KOTOR. Spent all day looking through old hard drives to find my old copy, but couldn't find it. Also, I never ended up beating the game, so this is perfect.

#4644 its delicious

its delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:55 AM

Owed it to myself to pick up (and hopefully this time finish) Deus Ex: Invisible War for $5.

#4645 evantrees

evantrees

rejection and peace tiramisu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

to anyone interested in eve have an extra copy from when it was on sale for 2$ last time, that I would like to part with.

Love Mirror's Edge, picked up the ps3 year or so ago for 20$ then bought it on steam once when it hit 5$ and enjoyed it both times, I like how you can go through it without shooting people. Not being able to get the dlc or use fan made maps (I think) sucks though.

Passing on neverwinter nights 2 due to never getting around to playing the first one I picked up for $10 at the CNE.

hmm to pick up KOTOR or finally get the star wars collection

roughly best sale prices I can remember,(forogt what wasin the 25$ starwars pack last sale other than jedi night collection)
10 jedi night collection
2.50 Kotor
7.50 force unleashed (apprent bad port with massive dl size(don't have a cap with my isp at least!))
5 empire at war (somewhat wanted to play)
5 battlefront II
5 republic commando (been wanting to play)
2.50 jedi star fighter (have on ps2)
5 star wars galaxies
10 republic heroes (doesn't look horrible)
52.50 or the collection for 50$

or just grab kotor, the jedi knight collection and republic commando. hmm

#4646 Tallest_Midget

Tallest_Midget

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

Anybody know if 360 controllers work for Mirror's Edge? I want the game for the 360, but I might consider it on PC if I can use the pad.

It does, i use a wired 360 controller.

#4647 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

Is KOTOR playable with a wired 360 pad?

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#4648 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Is KOTOR playable with a wired 360 pad?

Not natively AFAIK.

http://electracode.c...ish Version.htm

Joy2key makes pretty much everything gamepad compatible though.

#4649 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Not natively AFAIK.

http://electracode.c...ish Version.htm

Joy2key makes pretty much everything gamepad compatible though.

Thanks for the link, that should work. Now to wait for goHastings to send me my 360 pad:bouncy:.

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#4650 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

grabbed the witcher a few days ago. Glad I missed out on it the last sale since its cheaper now, definitely will not play this for a while anyways.

Might grab PvZ if its a daily sale, if not maybe anyways.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]