Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#31 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

I just built a new gaming PC, time to fill it with games. :D

33126.png

#32 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Awesome op. I assume it's going to updated during thanksgiving sales? I'm ready to go broke again this year.

#33 syclick

syclick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone recall when the Holiday (and/or Black Friday/Thanksgiving sales) occurred last year?

#34 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

Does anyone recall when the Holiday (and/or Black Friday/Thanksgiving sales) occurred last year?

Started on Thanksgiving, lasted until Monday.

#35 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

I also know Steam had another sale around Christmas, which is where I bought most of my games.

#36 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

hopefully a Just Cause 2 for $10 - $15 appears or the CoD Collection for $30 that occured last summer. if those appear I'm definitely in for something :D

#37 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

I loves me some steam deals. Too bad I'll probably already have all the good stuff on other platforms...
I can't wait to see what complete catalogs they have this year, those deals are ridiculous.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Drakbak

Drakbak

CAG'n All Night Long!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

I also have a handful of games I bought on sale and haven't yet played. My justification for this is that I buy games that I would otherwise want to buy/play while they're super cheap, and play my stockpile of games throughout the year (or until the next awesome sale). This keeps me from having the urge to buy games when they first release because I have a backlog of games I still want to play. I am then able to pick up these new games during the next awesome sale to add to my backlog of awesome (and cheap) games.

In the event I run out of games I haven't played, I maintain a list of games I would love to return to, therefore saving me from needing to buy new games.

#39 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

Love steam :) Hopefully they don't come out with too many good deals. Gotta save $$$ for a couple of Amazon/Walmart deals. And of course Christmas.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#40 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

Not gonna turn this into some kind of stupid argument, but I don't recall saying I bought games that I don't intend to play...I just haven't gotten to them yet. Installed Crysis for the first time last night. Buying two other consoles this year spread my gaming time out a lot more, and BFBC2 just sucks ALLLL my PC gaming in.
Posted Image

#41 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yaaaaaaay!

#42 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

I am hoping for Aliens vs Predator (2010) for $5 and a cheap deal on Fallout 3 GOTY. Though Steam ALWAYS catches me with surprising markdowns on games I didn't even think about buying before hand. My wallet is getting ready to hurt...

523546.png

#43 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Can't wait for this, I made sure to stash some extra cash aside just for these sales this year. :D last year I was caught a little off guard and had to pass up on a few games I wanted, not this time XD .

#44 forbiddenx

forbiddenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

Guess it's not starting today! Was hoping it would so I can get excited for 10am everyday when the deals refresh.
Posted Image

#45 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Maybe this would be a good use for the Steam Wallet. Drop in the amount I'm willing to spend and just use that!
Posted Image

#46 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Nice and organized thread :D

great job eastx

#47 SideSwiped

SideSwiped

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

I don't recall a big Black Friday sale last year. I only remember the Holiday sale that happened after Christmas through New Years.

#48 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

I don't recall a big Black Friday sale last year. I only remember the Holiday sale that happened after Christmas through New Years.

http://www.maximumpc...anksgiving_sale

They definitely had one last year, it was huge... surprised you missed it.

#49 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Damnit, steam is gonna rape my wallet as usual....I was really looking to buy a kindle this year...... : (
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#50 MrDarkstorm

MrDarkstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

http://www.maximumpc...anksgiving_sale

They definitely had one last year, it was huge... surprised you missed it.

There was a black Friday sale but the Holiday sale either matched/beat what prices the black Friday sale had. Plus it was huge compared to the black Friday one.

#51 svtcobrastang1984

svtcobrastang1984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Of course the holiday sale was bigger and better last year. There were a few deals better on black friday than holiday sale. I'm just hoping for a new vegas half off sale.

#52 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

I can't wait for the next Steam sale.

My wishlist includes:

Dragon Age and Fallout 3 GOTY.

Painkiller

Lost Planet 2

Dead Rising 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Bloody Good Time

Transformers War for Cybertron

The Ball

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Deathspank

Shank

Deus Ex GOTY

CS Source

Claptrap DLC for Borderlands

Amnesia

GTA IV Complete

Bad Company 2

Crysis Maximum Edition

Edited by evildeadjedi, 22 November 2010 - 08:08 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

My wishlist:

1. Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition - $25-30
I would absolutely kill for this deal. It's a ridiculous amount of content for the money on one of BioWare's best RPG efforts.

2. Fallout: New Vegas - $25-30
I loved Fallout 3 so grabbing this is a no-brainer if I can get a deal.

3. The Witcher: Enahnced Edition - $5-10
I missed this last year when it was about $13, so I would love to see it on sale this year for even less.

4. Mass Effect Bundle - $10-15
Much like Dragon Age, this would be a great value for the money. I don't own a 360 and I've always wanted to check these games out.

5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - $5-10
I absolutely loved the first game and it'd be great to play the sequel before S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 comes out. Come on, Steam, give us this game without bundling the first one.

6. BioShock 2 - $5
While it didn't get the great reviews of the first one, I'd still like to check this game out.

7. Painkiller: Black Edition - $2.50-5.00
Missed out on this game years ago and I would love to play it on the cheap, just like Prey last year :)

Edited by Ardrid, 22 November 2010 - 08:29 PM.

#54 Allerka

Allerka

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

I wouldn't mind if Trackmania United Forever Star Edition got on sale, at some point. I think it's been 40$ the entire time it's been on Steam. Also, Vampire would be good. It's a decent game, but I refuse to buy it at 20$, with the company that made it not even existing anymore.

#55 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Wish Sniper was cheaper...I love sniping and there are very few hardcore sniper sims ever made, but the reviews were pretty bad, this sounds like a 4.99 price point for me, not 15

#56 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'm looking for a good price on the UT and quake series. Pretty much have everything I want atm but I find it hard to turn down games between 2-5 bucks

#57 syclick

syclick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

I wouldn't mind if Trackmania United Forever Star Edition got on sale, at some point.

It was $20 during last year's Black Friday sale. Just checked my transaction history...

#58 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

3. The Witcher: Enahnced Edition - $5-10
I missed this last year when it was about $13, so I would love to see it on sale this year for even less.

This was $6 on Amazon a couple of days ago, though it looks like it's back up to $20 now. Wouldn't be surprised if Steam hits $10 or below, especially with the second one coming out next year.

33126.png

#59 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

My wishlist:

2. Fallout: New Vegas - $25-30
I loved Fallout 3 so grabbing this is a no-brainer if I can get a deal.

You can get number 2 right now at direct2drive and then register the key on steam (since it is a steamworks game). Just use Load15 coupon on checkout and get it for $29.71

Edited by Saablic, 22 November 2010 - 08:51 PM.
sliming down his wishlist

#60 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

This was $6 on Amazon a couple of days ago, though it looks like it's back up to $20 now. Wouldn't be surprised if Steam hits $10 or below, especially with the second one coming out next year.

Yeah, I saw that deal. Only reason I didn't jump is I want to try and keep all my digital downloads consolidated with Steam.

You can get number 2 right now at direct2drive and then register the key on steam (since it is a steamworks game). Just use Load15 coupon on checkout and get it for $29.71

Hmm...nice find. Thanks man.