Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#61 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

If I can get a good deal on Gyromancer and DeathSpank I am happy. Nice thing is that even if I do not get those I bet there will be stuff that I buy and love more then what I am hoping for. Last year I had never heard of Nation Red or Kings Bounty and just bought them because of the large discounts and I put dozens of hours in to both.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#62 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

thq and rockstar pack for black friday please!!

and don't mind fallout 3 goty or besthata pack for cheap also.

#63 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

I'd love a good deal on Oblivion GOTY for $5-$10

33126.png

#64 mistymayem

mistymayem

I like video games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hoping for a decent deal on TF2. What's the lowest it's been?
:360::bouncy:

#65 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

I've got a whole bunch of things on my wish list, but I suppose the MAIN thing I'm hoping for is a 50% off or more on Just Cause 2.

I would also be happy with deals on:
Spoiler

And I'm sure there will be games that will be bought because they are cheap and I end up loving them (like getting Shatter for $2.50 during the Summer sale).

EDIT:

It's been as low as $2-$2.50. But that was only for a few hours on Halloween last year. During a normal sale I can't recall seeing it for less than $10.

#66 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

2.50$ I think it was last Halloween?

#67 mistymayem

mistymayem

I like video games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

It's been as low as $2-$2.50. But that was only for a few hours on Halloween last year. During a normal sale I can't recall seeing it for less than $10.

2.50$ I think it was last Halloween?

I'm just hoping for <$10
:360::bouncy:

#68 iced1138

iced1138

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

I wouldn't mind finally getting CS Source again. I had it on my old steam acct before I misplaced the password and couldn't retrieve it. Something like that is almost a given on these sales.

#69 mattyice11

mattyice11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

I'm just hoping for <$10

The entire Orange Box hit $10 one time. TF2 hit $2.50 a couple times, but only for a couple hours each time.

#70 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Orange Box and Fallout 3: GotY. C'mon Steam!

Posted Image

#71 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Tag, though I think both this topic and the steam topic should have been 1.

Well, we must have a discussion thread in the PC forum. But deals go in the deal forum, so the two threads must forever remain apart. It'd be cool if a single thread could exist in both forums simultaneously though.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#72 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

Nothin for me yet... but I expect the next week to be BAD for my wallet...

#73 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

No Thanksgiving week sale yet? Come on Steam, you can do it.

#74 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

I'm just hoping for <$10

Thats pretty likely, it retails for 20$, and its Valves game so when they have it on sale its usually a really good price even tho the game itself is worth a 60$ game.

they usually have it on sale during their major sales. The Orange Box for 10$ was one of the first deals I took advantage of because of CAG. Loved this website ever since.

#75 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:26 AM

I'm just hoping for <$10

http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#76 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

Nice find MXRider. If you have a Mac, could you just register the game with Steam then download the Mac version? I know if you bought the game through steam, you can get both versions.

#77 MrDarkstorm

MrDarkstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

So... blocked out of my steam account, awesome timing...

#78 Samduhman

Samduhman

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

I spent so much with Steam last year and have a huge backlog of games since 1995. This year will only add more to it. :)

A gaming PC is cheap these days for those of you who mentioned you don't have and would like one. IF you could afford a 360/PS3 especially in their first couple years you can afford a gaming PC. There's many articles online on how to build a budget gaming PC. Plus with components getting cheaper and the latest video card war between Nvidia and AMD/ATI there's never been a better time.

http://hardocp.com/n...costs_dropping/

#79 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:50 AM

Nice find MXRider. If you have a Mac, could you just register the game with Steam then download the Mac version? I know if you bought the game through steam, you can get both versions.

Yep! TF2 is a SteamPlay title which means that it works on OSX and Windows.

#80 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

Did the sales start on Thanksgiving day last year and go through the weekend, or did they start earlier in the week?

#81 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

Started on Thanksgiving, went for five days.

#82 syclick

syclick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

They went Thursday-Monday.

#83 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

Oh, they did? I had it in my head they started the Monday before and went a week. Not quite as bummed out now.

#84 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

So is this thread gonna replace the epic Steam Christmas Deals!! and Steam Thanksgiving Deals!! etc threads? Cause that would be kind cool. We could just have one big permanent thread for it all.

#85 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

Oh Steam has 2 sales? I only remembered one very long one that had mind blowing deals. Thought it was like all of December.

#86 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:01 AM

So is this thread gonna replace the epic Steam Christmas Deals!! and Steam Thanksgiving Deals!! etc threads? Cause that would be kind cool. We could just have one big permanent thread for it all.

That is certainly my intention. No need to make new threads when we can keep it all in one place.

Oh Steam has 2 sales? I only remembered one very long one that had mind blowing deals. Thought it was like all of December.

Steam has 3 big sales this year. The summer sale, Black Friday weekend sale, and holiday sale (Dec. 24-January). Read post # 2 for more info.

-Paul Acevedo

#87 bobsaysblah

bobsaysblah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

Wasn't holiday sale a little longer last year? I could have sworn it started a few days before Christmas.

Regardless, I wasn't around for the BF sale last year. Was it as big as the holiday sale?

#88 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I have just added a section on free games to the OP. Here's what I chose to include:

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

-Paul Acevedo

#89 obarbarian

obarbarian

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

great thread cant wait for their sale this weekend looking forward on picking up a few cheapies.

#90 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

Guys weird question so I see the Portal Still Alive is going to be on sale on the 360, is this game errr should i say levels exclusive to the 360, or is it available on steam?