Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#9631 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

man i want a summer sale.. but yeah ibomber looks interesting

http://store.steampo...nr=1_4_4__106_1
Buy Europa Universalis III Chronicles
i think this is old 4 days ago

#9632 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

What is going on? No midweek madness? 1:15 EST now.......

Sign of Summer Sale staring soon. My moneyz is on thursday.

#9633 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Sign of Summer Sale staring soon. My moneyz is on thursday.

But ... there's no reason there couldn't be a Midweek madness and still have it start on thursday

#9634 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

iBomber Defense doesn't seem to be 75% off anymore

Untitled.jpgdustdust_ps.png?5620

#9635 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

D:

Perhaps it was supposed to be a silent sale, being made ready for the summer sale! :bouncy:

#9636 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hmm no midweek madness sale yet....(puts on sandwhich board) Everyone take heed the end of your wallets is all most at hand, Steam's Summer Sale draws nigh, and brings with it a fury of unbeatable prices. Such has not been seen since the last steam sale. Repent all who shop at orgin, gamersgate or D2D. Steams impending sale will surely devasted all thier previous sales.

#9637 Sinsarmor

Sinsarmor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

quote from devolver digital, the creators of the serious sam games -

"This weekend there will be a whole bunch of new Serious Sam HD owners on Steam. Even more on Monday. #SeriousFireworks"

http://twitter.com/#!/devolverdigital

well somethings coming i just hope what ever it is was worth the wait :)

#9638 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Yay... glad I bought it while it was.

The Specials tab appears to have been purged by more than 50%.

#9639 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

"This weekend there will be a whole bunch of new Serious Sam HD owners on Steam. Even more on Monday. #SeriousFireworks"

Free weekend?

#9640 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

75% off Hydrophobia Prophecy on Steam for Midweek Madness

According to the developers twitter supposedly... sigh.

The serious same thing could be Summer sale start (= game on sale) and monday it's a daily? xD

KF and Serious sam both this weekend could bode well for a summer sale though compared to either having something this weekend.

#9641 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

Free weekend?

But it says "owners".
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#9642 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

But it says "owners".

They assume you will buy it after playing for a few minutes, while most will wait until the free trial is over. If there even is one.
Posted Image

#9643 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

"Even more on Monday" would lead me to believe the Steam summer sale starts this weekend, and Serious Sam HD is going to be one of the daily deals on Monday.

#9644 namster1337

namster1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

http://store.steampo....com/app/92000/

Hydrophobia: Prophecy
75% off. $3.00
Posted Image

#9645 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

http://store.steampo....com/app/92000/

Hydrophobia: Prophecy
75% off. $3.00

Anyone have any kind words for this one? Looks like it might be a decent game.

#9646 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

I got it for $5 on XBLA and was satisfied. Its decent.
Posted Image

#9647 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

Kinda wondering the same thing.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#9648 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

Midweek madness says it's ending 6 hours earlier than normal (!)

That said, the counter seems to be running the normal amount of time, ending at 4pm pacific

#9649 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

Any opinions on Blue Toad? Says it's 1-4 players co-op. Is it fun if you play single player?

I also got it for 400 points on XBLA. It was okay for that price. $3.00 is certainly fair.

#9650 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hydrophobia looks kinda cool. Especially since the devs put out a lot of updates and revised versions to try and fix it up.

#9651 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

That was a fast price drop.

#9652 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hydrophobia looks pretty decent for that price, might grab it. I hope the summer sale starts in two days....

#9653 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Rock, Paper, Shotgun had some less than stellar things to say about Hydrophobia. Worth a read before buying so you know what you're getting.
Posted Image

#9654 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

Sounds like the Summer Sale will start Thurs/Friday (where almost all prices are slashed) with SSHD being a daily deal on Monday for an extreme 90% discount. To the guy who said 'free weekend,' they aren't going to do a free weekend promo on SSHD...

Any opinions on Blue Toad? Says it's 1-4 players co-op. Is it fun if you play single player?

Eh, it's an extremely casual/easy puzzle solver. If I recall right it was even cheaper during the Holiday sale (around $2) -- even if you're interested you're still better off waiting.

#9655 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm about an hour or so into Hydrophobia and I think it's almost worth $3. It's woefully underpolished and has weak craftsmanship. The water looks like gelatin but still flows back and forth in a weighty manner. The developers have been behaving bizarrely since the XBLA original release, never quite managing to approximate normal human behavior.

Checked the FAQ for the XBLA version and it appears I'm at the 40%-ish mark and have only just seen the barest flecks of combat. The whirrr-blast charge up of the basic ammo is a satisfying mechanic.

I can't really decide if I like it. The basic level design, pacing, graphical style, plot... pretty much all of the intangibles... they just aren't anything special, but the crunch still isn't bad. It's not a waste of time...

It's hard to describe. I'd put it like eating at McDonalds, for their Chicken McNuggets or their Sausage and Egg McMuffins. They aren't made well. They're cheap. But they have that certain texture that is satisfying, that makes them nice to eat now and again, but certainly as a rarity.

EDIT: Serious Sam HD is decent but gets boring fast. Calling it an "old-school" shooter is a misnomer. Doom and Duke and Dark Forces never ground the game to a halt to fight 100 of the same enemy.

And then later for 120.

And then again.

And then 150.

And then again.

#9656 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

Well from what I've heard Hydrophobia is only about four or five hours long at most.

#9657 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

EDIT: Serious Sam HD is decent but gets boring fast. Calling it an "old-school" shooter is a misnomer. Doom and Duke and Dark Forces never ground the game to a halt to fight 100 of the same enemy.

And then later for 120.

And then again.

And then 150.

And then again.

If fighting huge numbers of enemies is something that brings a game to a "halt" for you, Serious Sam probably isn't your game. Most fans love SS because of those enemy counts.

#9658 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Perhaps they should insist on better basic gameplay fundamentals and pacing rather than being wowed by simple numbers. As it stands, comparing Serious Sam to the "classics" is an insult to the latter.

Well from what I've heard Hydrophobia is only about four or five hours long at most.

I think 5 hours is a stretch by most measures. Reviewers quote 3-4 more often than 5.

As it stands though, I think the point is you can't expect that, just because it is short, it is tightly packed like an arcade game. It's 3-4 hours with the same sort of fluff you can expect from standard games.

#9659 BitLooter

BitLooter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

I've always felt Serious Sam was pretty good. It's not the kind of game you play if you're looking for depth, you pick it up because you want to shoot hordes of crazy enemies for a while.

If you really want to see the the full potential of it, use a cheat code and skip ahead to the last couple levels. Hundreds of enemies relentlessly swarming at you in a massive arena, wave after wave of them forcing you to use every weapon in your arsenal as you slowly run out of ammo and health... If that doesn't appeal to you, you're probably not in the game's target audience. Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.
Try SwagBucks, where you can earn prizes just for searching the web! I have earned more than $60 Amazon credit so far, and get about $10 more each month just for using it instead of Google.

#9660 weevles

weevles

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

$3 for four to five hours of entertainment seems fair enough to me. I bit on it. :p