Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#12601 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Who are the three women in today's postcard art?

I recognize Lara Croft in the middle. And the woman with stuff in her hair I recognize from the Street Fighter game.

But who's the gal on the left, in the yellow tanktop? She sort of looks like the woman from the box art for Rift, but I don't know what the orange and purple stuff is that she's holding.

#12602 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Gcorlett don't know who she is but she is holding to floaties and a purple valve character.

#12603 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

By the way... $19.99 is the RETAIL price at places like Newegg and Walmart.

I bet after this sale we will see price drops on Capcom games. There is usually some company that always price drops after a sale and I could totally see it being Capcom.

#12604 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Gcorlett don't know who she is but she is holding to floaties and a purple valve character.

Girl from the Rift cover?

#12605 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Girl from the Rift cover?

Must be. The artwork on her sweats resembles the pattern on her armor.

#12606 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Must be. The artwork on her sweats resembles the pattern on her armor.

I guess it was the only way they could do it without having her at the pool in a bunch of armor because the other two characters wear almost the same thing as they do in the picture.

#12607 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Here is an old school Transformers mod for Quake 2 that I remembered playing, this may actually sway me to get Quake 2

http://www.moddb.com...formers-quake-2

#12608 KillerQueen87

KillerQueen87

Dynamite w/ a Laser Beam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Probably the only one in this thread to buy Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light solely for the Kain and Raziel character pack. Man, I want another Legacy of Kain game, but it looks like that's not gonna happen anytime soon...
LaZ00L1.png
3DS: 4296-2998-1803 | Add me for Animal Crossing! | ACNL Tradelist: https://www.evernote...withginger/acnl

#12609 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Downloading the Sanctum demo for another go. I might be interested in a 4-pack if anyone is getting one together or has already gotten it. Please have some + feedback here. Thanks.

EDIT : Sanctum sucks. Not buying it. Terrible tower defense imo.

Edited by AvidWriter, 07 July 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#12610 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

This could be the first day my wallet can relax!!

#12611 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Second day for me.
I guess I made up for that by getting 2 games yesterday :P GTA 4 Complete and Jamestown.
Usually get 1/day, except of course the last day :|
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#12612 hulk409

hulk409

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

Anybody play the DLC for Guardian of Light? Worth it?

#12613 doh23

doh23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

Audiosurf = poor mans Beat hazard

They are two very different games so this statement makes no sense

#12614 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

I want fate of the world to go on sale damnit
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#12615 anarchyburger

anarchyburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

my haul so far:

oblivion goty deluxe
borderlands goty
bully scholarship edition
total: 19.74

tempted to pick up Rift as a wow alt, since it's so cheap. thoughts?

But do you guys think there is any change Morrowind will be a daily deal? I'm excited for Skyrim and beat Oblivion recently. I have never played played morrowind but I hear good things. $15 is a lil steep for such an old game..
GameCenter/Words with Friends: Rjsanchez88
Steam: AnrchyBurgr8t8
Origin(BF3): anarchyburger8t8
Feel free to add me, let me know you're a fellow CAG
Posted Image

#12616 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

Ok these sales are bankrupting me!

Does anyone know if they have already done Plants Vs Zombies ?

I think like 3-4 days ago yeah

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#12617 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

Why does GTA Complete have to be such a big DL >_< Been DL/ing for about 15 hours straight now.
50% for both of them D:
It's not helping I'm getting a crappy speed of <200KB/s for both COMBINED...
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#12618 DoubleEcksZero

DoubleEcksZero

Evil Prevails!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Is the store messed up for anyone else? For me the "Featured Packs" and "publisher catalog" buttons are up in the summer camp banner, and all of the daily deals are glitched and going vertically downwards on the left side.

#12619 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Anybody play the DLC for Guardian of Light? Worth it?

Map packs are fun but I think the Legacy of Kain pack is just a skin pack and story redone, gameplay is the same.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#12620 salemhooper

salemhooper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Interested in buying Sanctum. If you bought a 4-pack and have an extra i can pay asap via paypal. Thanks!
PM me :)

#12621 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Really good deals today on Company of Heroes, Lara Croft: GoL and Sanctum. And lol at Capcom.

Anyone think we will see a daily sale on shank? I've noticed its not on sale at all. Was hoping to pick it up on the cheap. Missed it during the winter sale.

Yeah, I've been waiting for that to go on sale too. That and the Deathspank games. They haven't been on sale ONCE.

#12622 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

I'm not really a PC gamer but I want to try out Quake. I never played it. Would it be lame of me just to buy the original Quake since it's $2.49 right now? Or should I go with Quake 2?

#12623 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Ack, I sort of slipped today.
You'all talked me out of Laura Croft: GoL. (Thanks!)

But I bought the expansion to Red Alert 3. I almost bough C&C4, but I will hold off for now...

#12624 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

tempted to pick up Rift as a wow alt, since it's so cheap. thoughts?

I bought it. Some of my WoW friends play that when they're bored of playing WoW :lol:

I was hoping it would be a deal on Steam since I've been getting e-mails from the Publisher themselves that they we're selling the game for $4.99 but requires a one month sub for $14.99.

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#12625 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

Mediocre day, there is some good stuff but mostly what we have seen before again.

I'm going to bite on Sanctum and possibly Rift
It's too bad Risen's price went up, I would have gotten that at $7.50. LC:GoL and CoH is a great game and well worth the asking price. I'm really disappointed in the capcom pricing. I loved the Quake games 10 years ago but I don't think I would go back to play them now.

23480.png

#12626 Hizaki

Hizaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

I pre-ordered Sanctum for $10 and I played it for maybe 4-5 hours including the demo then got tired of it. I don't know...I just got bored of it.
It should be very fun with friends. It's a really cool concept though...I might have to play more of it at some point.

LC:GoL is a fun little game...tried playing co-op online, but there's no one there.

My friend bought Borderlands and Rift on Monday....past the Borderlands daily deal and before the Rift. I told him to wait, but he didn't listen haha.

They are two very different games so this statement makes no sense

It's like saying Killing Floor = L4D2 with worse graphics...except the difference between Beat Hazard and Audiosurf is greater than L4D2/KF.

Honestly, I've played enough of both games to know their syncing with the intensity of the music isn't always that great. However, both are quite enjoyable anyways.
Desktop [Nov. '09]|CPU: Intel Core i5-750|MOBO: Asus P7P55D EVO|RAM: G.SKILL 8GB|GPU: CF Sapphire 4870 1GB|HDD: WD Black 500GB|PSU:Corsair 750TX|CASE:CM HAF 932|MOUSE:Logitech G500
Dell XPS 15 L502X|CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM|RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz|GPU: NVIDIA GT 525M 1GB|HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM|SCREEN:15.6" HD+ WLED (720p)|MOUSE: Logitech MX518

#12627 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

LC:GoL is a fun little game...tried playing co-op online, but there's no one there.

Just to elaborate on this because I see a lot of people saying it was a blast when they played on PS3 or whatever -- the co-op then (and on the console platform) was probably far more active than it is now on the PC. Basically you aren't going to find any co-op games unless you and some friends coordinate it yourself.

#12628 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

Just to elaborate on this because I see a lot of people saying it was a blast when they played on PS3 or whatever -- the co-op then (and on the console platform) was probably far more active than it is now on the PC. Basically you aren't going to find any co-op games unless you and some friends coordinate it yourself.

Or use couch co-op

23480.png

#12629 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Missed out on frozen synaps, any chance they'll be back on the last day? If not ill hapily fox someone a 5-6$ steam game in exchange for an extra frozen synaps!

#12630 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Is it wise to wait until the last day to cash in tickets?