Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#14401 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

Anyone buy Dungeons of Dredmor? First rogue-like on the steam store, afaik. Looks intriguing and it's only $5. Think I may buy it since I enjoy rogue-likes.

It looks interesting, but I'm not a big fan of how the battles look. Still, I may get it in the future if it goes on sale.

I'm in the same boat. It looks cool, but after watching the video, I'm not sure about the battles. If it had a demo, I'd be checking it out. $2-ish is my max for a blind buy on something like this.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14402 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

Anyone buy Dungeons of Dredmor? First rogue-like on the steam store, afaik. Looks intriguing and it's only $5. Think I may buy it since I enjoy rogue-likes.

If you like rogue-likes it is worth a look at. TotalBiscuit did a WTF is of it that you can watch

I am not a massive rogue-like fan but I am having a great deal of fun with this game. My only complaint would be the UI is a bit small.

#14403 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

Zeno Clash, apart from the freakish and hideous art style, is a damn solid first person brawler. I recommend it.

#14404 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

If only summer ended with the summer sale.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#14405 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

I took a shot on the indie RPG 2-pack. They both look like fun, and for $2.69 I just said Fuck it lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14406 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

Hmmm... the excitement TotalBiscuit has for Dungeons of Dredmor is a bit infectious. After watching him play a bit, the combat doesn't seem so bad. It was unclear from the trailer that the combat is actually turn-based (basically). I'm not going to jump on it right now as my backlog is way too large after the summer sale (and I caved and bought the Cthulu/Breath of Death pack yesterday) for me to spend another $5 on a game, but it's definitely going on my "to buy" list.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14407 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

anyone planning on getting games from Steam?
I got 27.47USD in my wallet I plan to convert back to paypal :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#14408 choral_music

choral_music

Ready for Steam Box

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

I took a shot on the indie RPG 2-pack. They both look like fun, and for $2.69 I just said Fuck it lol.

I played and beat Breath of Death on the 360. Fun and even funny if you're an old school RPG player. The last dungeon is a bit tedious, but all around it was worth it. I purchased Cthulu but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

However, I liked Breath so much that I bought the two-pack on Steam just to encourage and fund more games like it.

#14409 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:36 AM

I played and beat Breath of Death on the 360. Fun and even funny if you're an old school RPG player. The last dungeon is a bit tedious, but all around it was worth it. I purchased Cthulu but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

However, I liked Breath so much that I bought the two-pack on Steam just to encourage and fund more games like it.

Didn't know Breath of Death was on 360. May look into picking that up. I went ahead and picked up the 2 pack because I like the old turn based RPGs, and I try to support the indie scene.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#14410 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

Whats the game time on BoD7 and CStW? I don't have 60+ hours to give to an old school style RPG- though wish I did.

#14411 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

Whats the game time on BoD7 and CStW? I don't have 60+ hours to give to an old school style RPG- though wish I did.

haven't played them yet, but reviews i looked at on rpgamer.com said ~4 hours for BoD and ~8 hours for cthulhu.
Posted Image

#14412 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

So did we have any wishlist winners here? The prize list was... interesting. Someone actually had Killing Floor - Steampunk DLC as one of their games. And Star Trek online? Seriously?

#14413 Firvagor

Firvagor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Pretty sure a lot of people needed filler. I listed a couple semi-random games just so I had 10 items.

#14414 Japanese Dorito

Japanese Dorito

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

So if we won...would our wishlist be empty by now?
Posted Image
Xbox 360/Steam Card:
Spoiler

#14415 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

If you won through tickets, you'd have an e-mail saying you won by end of day yesterday. If you're a mail-in winner, then they'll mail you back saying you've won, which is by the 1st of the next month I think?

#14416 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

I didn't win so ima have to choke a bitch today.

#14417 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

Didn't win, but I had fun during the Summer Sale. The whole ticket thing got me to take a look at and eventually buy a few great games that I would've overlooked entirely had there not been any focus drawn to them. 10 free games would be nice, but that's good enough for me.
Wubwubwubwub.

#14418 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

I had to write myself a note to buy Zeno Clash today. Seriously I was talking to a friend on Steam last night and I forgot to buy that and the RPG double pack and Zeno Clash.

Thank god Zeno Clash is the weekend deal or I would of been kicking myself today :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14419 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Was hoping I'd win, but didn't think I would. The odds are astronomical against you. But I still had a blast with the sale - racked up 27 tickets, which was the first time I was actually able to participate in one of their treasure hunt/ticket acquisition games.

#14420 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

I had to write myself a note to buy Zeno Clash today. Seriously I was talking to a friend on Steam last night and I forgot to buy that and the RPG double pack and Zeno Clash.

Thank god Zeno Clash is the weekend deal or I would of been kicking myself today :lol:.

That not buying any Steam games is working well for you. :D

#14421 Japanese Dorito

Japanese Dorito

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Was hoping I'd win, but didn't think I would. The odds are astronomical against you. But I still had a blast with the sale - racked up 27 tickets, which was the first time I was actually able to participate in one of their treasure hunt/ticket acquisition games.

I did have a blast though, it was just fun altogether. I'm not going to be mad if I didn't win anyway ;)
Posted Image
Xbox 360/Steam Card:
Spoiler

#14422 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

i know this is a longshot
but i have 27.47USD on my steam wallet that i would like to convert to paypal or amazon GC.
thus if you guys have anything you like to purchase from Steam, please let me know. paypal or amazon GC me and I'll send the game to you as a gift (:

thanks!

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#14423 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

So did we have any wishlist winners here? The prize list was... interesting. Someone actually had Killing Floor - Steampunk DLC as one of their games. And Star Trek online? Seriously?

Prize list? What prize list are you referring to and what about those games, they were on someones wishlist who won you mean?
Posted Image

#14424 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Prize list? What prize list are you referring to and what about those games, they were on someones wishlist who won you mean?

On the Steam forums under General Discussion you can find a list of the games given out as prizes (IE The games that were on the 100 peoples top 10 wish lists). Doesn't list the people who won though.

#14425 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

That not buying any Steam games is working well for you. :D

No it is not. Well I plan to only hit major deals now until the next big sale. The RPG two pack has Cthulhu in it so that is worth the price of admission.

Also I need to start saving up for a new rig. Hopefully I can get $700 saved up by end of the year or so. If not by at least early next year.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14426 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

Anybody know how long new releases (i.e. the Cthulhu pack) are usually on sale at the 10% off "new release" price?

#14427 Japanese Dorito

Japanese Dorito

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Anybody know how long new releases (i.e. the Cthulhu pack) are usually on sale at the 10% off "new release" price?

I would say till next week at least
Posted Image
Xbox 360/Steam Card:
Spoiler

#14428 vherub

vherub

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

from the gamersgate thread-
R.U.S.E. is $7.49 (steam required) today
no other drm

http://www.gamersgat...rt-of-deception

#14429 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Lead and Gold is only $1.49 over at Gamestop for those of you that missed the daily deal. Does anyone know if you can activate this on steam?

http://www.gamestop....lead-gold/92557

#14430 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Lead and Gold is only $1.49 over at Gamestop for those of you that missed the daily deal. Does anyone know if you can activate this on steam?

http://www.gamestop....lead-gold/92557

"Connectivity
Requires the Steam Client to Install & Play"