Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#14431 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

Somebody sell me on Revenge of the Titans....buy now or wait for a cheaper price? I've got a ridiculous backlog.

#14432 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Somebody sell me on Revenge of the Titans....buy now or wait for a cheaper price? I've got a ridiculous backlog.

One of the best tower defense games going

Let's say it's going to hit 75-80% in the next sale, that's only 1.25-2 dollar difference so if you play it now get it now if it's just going to be backlog then wait.

#14433 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

"Connectivity
Requires the Steam Client to Install & Play"

wow, I didn't even see that. I will pick this up then!!!

#14434 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Anyone know of any good Torchlight mod sites? I know that there were a few listed when it was on sale during the daily deal but I've dug through this thread and haven't had any luck finding such links.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14435 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

I bought Shogun 2 at Amazon last night after realizing I can activate it on Steam. Yay. The reason I did so was because of the B2G1, and Yakuza 4 being the deal of the day.

Not sure why I'm telling everyone, but if anyone else wants Shogun 2 for $29.99 and wants to use it as part of the B2G1, it's fair game. (Yakuza 4 is still deal of the day and still part of the B2G1 as well.)

Anyone sitting on the fence with the Cthulhu pack should just buy it!! :)

#14436 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Anyone know of any good Torchlight mod sites? I know that there were a few listed when it was on sale during the daily deal but I've dug through this thread and haven't had any luck finding such links.

Recommended
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1095390

Databases
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1004462

#14437 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

Recommended
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1095390

Databases
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1004462

Thanks!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14438 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

haven't played them yet, but reviews i looked at on rpgamer.com said ~4 hours for BoD and ~8 hours for cthulhu.

Thanks for the information. Looks like steam is getting more of my money.

http://www.runicgame...m/downloads.php

#14439 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Anybody know how long new releases (i.e. the Cthulhu pack) are usually on sale at the 10% off "new release" price?

Does it matter? It's like, 30 cents off.

#14440 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hey! 30 cents can buy you... um... Can it even buy a call on a payphone anymore?

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14441 LegioXIX

LegioXIX

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Overwhelmed by all the games you bought during the summer sale? Don't know what to play? I came across this program which might help:

I’m feeling lucky
http://www.pcgamer.c...utton-to-steam/
Posted Image

Posted Image
"Sweet is war to him who knows it not, but to those who have made a trial of it, it is a thing of fear." -Pindar, Fr.

#14442 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

It doesn't really matter, I was mostly just curious. And wanted the info for future new releases.

#14443 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Overwhelmed by all the games you bought during the summer sale? Don't know what to play? I came across this program which might help:

I’m feeling lucky

Wow, thanks for posting that! After adding it to my Non-Steam games list I edited the name with a hyphen before the name so that it appeared at the top of the list. Underscore just pushes it down to the bottom.

Video Game Roulette Get! :D

Edited by NeoGutsman, 15 July 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#14444 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Anybody know how long new releases (i.e. the Cthulhu pack) are usually on sale at the 10% off "new release" price?

1 week(so until july 20th). check out a game's store page and click on "read related news" on the side of the page in game details section. It'll usually tell you how long a sale lasts.
Posted Image

#14445 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

I need a random button for my console games, too. Maybe I should learn how to write macros...
Posted Image

#14446 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

Yay, steam is having problems.

I go to buy the Cthulhu saves the world bundle, and it adds fine to my cart. Click on Zeno Clash and it's server unavailable.

Stupid Stream.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14447 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

1 week(so until july 20th). check out a game's store page and click on "read related news" on the side of the page in game details section. It'll usually tell you how long a sale lasts.

Thanks for this. CAG teaches me something new all the time :)

#14448 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

I’m feeling lucky

Be a man, and pick a game. 8-)

#14449 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

Alright, I can't seem to find a FarCry 2 topic in the gaming section (and it would probably be a few years untouched by this point), so I hope no one minds if I ask here since this is the Steam version.

I'm playing FC2 and just after you beat the tutorial missions, you're told to head to Mike's Bar. I go there, but when I go inside, the people that I seem to remember having to meet when I first played years ago on the 360 aren't there. There's just a few floating books where the table and people should be. I can't progress forward until I talk to them, and quitting/reloading doesn't help. I ran into this on the 360 version too when I last tried to replay a few months ago, and its driving me mad. I can't even find anything on this glitch online. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Edited by JustYourAverageJoe, 16 July 2011 - 02:06 AM.

Posted Image

#14450 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:19 AM

^I think you'll have better responses and success in the trading forums. :)

thanks for the heads up, posted!

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#14451 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:02 AM

I played Dungeons of Dredmor. It has about as much polish as you'd expect. Good music. I got pretty far once I rolled a fighter-heavy class. Every single early tier magic spell is damn near useless or just a way to do a bit of damage at range to use that otherwise worthless blue number.

90% of the swag in the dungeons is crafting fodder, and since I did not major in crafting, I did not have the skills to do much of anything with the crafting, even if I grinded at the tier 0 crafting recipes so that just left an entire dungeon full of vendor fodder. This isn't Nethack or the like where you're picking up keys and towels and pickaxes and cream pies, loads of useful side crap. It's tiresome, to say the least.

Regening HP and mana requires food and booze respectively, and any consumed just adds X turns of 1/turn regen.

I cleared the first level after about two to three hours of play time (Huge levels) and I am just dulled by the experience. Leveled about 4 times and still felt like I was weak sauce even with better loot. Dungeon Level 2 versions of the same enemies were reaming me. I've not been one for roguelikes once my obsession with Nethack waned into boredom and this does nothing to rekindle the flames. If the music weren't a hoot and the descriptions kinda smile-worthy, I would rage and consider this a waste of $5, especially against the superior, free roguelikes out there. But I think it's alright.

Verdict: Eh.

And don't roll a caster.

#14452 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Be a man, and pick a game. 8-)

You're just more man than the rest of us. Does your hubby know?

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14453 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

You're just more man than the rest of us. Does your hubby know?

Heh, we're both gamers. Until we got married, I had never had a gaming computer. He just built me one earlier this year, so I'm new to PC gaming.

But I'm LOVING Steam. It's like a console experience on PC.

#14454 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

I played Dungeons of Dredmor. [SNIP]

Thanks for your impressions!

#14455 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Alright, I can't seem to find a FarCry 2 topic in the gaming section (and it would probably be a few years untouched by this point), so I hope no one minds if I ask here since this is the Steam version.

I'm playing FC2 and just after you beat the tutorial missions, you're told to head to Mike's Bar. I go there, but when I go inside, the people that I seem to remember having to meet when I first played years ago on the 360 aren't there. There's just a few floating books where the table and people should be. I can't progress forward until I talk to them, and quitting/reloading doesn't help. I ran into this on the 360 version too when I last tried to replay a few months ago, and its driving me mad. I can't even find anything on this glitch online. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I had this issue, too. You first have to head to the building across from Mike's Bar (there are 3-4 buildings in that location) to check out the gun shop. If you pull up your map (hit 5) and zoom in, you will see which building it is.

#14456 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

I had this issue, too. You first have to head to the building across from Mike's Bar (there are 3-4 buildings in that location) to check out the gun shop. If you pull up your map (hit 5) and zoom in, you will see which building it is.

Oh man, derp. Can't believe I forgot to check and make sure I was going to the right objective. Thanks, problem solved. :)
Posted Image

#14457 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

I’m feeling lucky

http://steam-roulette.heroku.com/

With this one you won't have to run an .exe for those whom are paranoid.

Edited by Pajama_Man, 16 July 2011 - 06:48 AM.

Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#14458 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

I played Dungeons of Dredmor. It has about as much polish as you'd expect. Good music. I got pretty far once I rolled a fighter-heavy class. Every single early tier magic spell is damn near useless or just a way to do a bit of damage at range to use that otherwise worthless blue number.

Verdict: Eh.

And don't roll a caster.

Thanks for the mini review. I was asking people on my friend's list about this game after watching the WTF. I have so many roguelikes on the iphone already, think I will hold out till its $2.50 during the winter sale.

#14459 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

:-|
Posted Image

#14460 mramazing

mramazing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

:-#:-#:hot: