Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#14521 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

I've logged 30 hours of Terraria in the past 2 days O_O

$5 well spent.

:applause: I'm colored jealous by the time you can dedicate to gaming.

I have been able to find more time than usual to game. I've been putting it into Trine- a beautiful little platformer.

Edited by Frithsblessing, 19 July 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#14522 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Man...I'm conflicted here. I didn't see them go on sale during this summer sale and I really want them, and it's half the cost to get them on Amazon for Xbox 360 but I'd like to have it on Steam both for the ability to download whenever I want and the ability to use any control scheme.

So you got all 4 collections for $10.xx? Damn, that's a good deal.

If you are not aware the ultimate collection on the xbox 360 has 48 games in total while the steam version has only 40 games in total. The ultimate version has some arcade games as unlockables and it also has the phantasy star games. Also it looks like the steam version has a couple of different games. (Shadow Dancer and Eternal Champions)

Hopefully this helps a little. I would recommend getting the ultimate collection on the xbox 360 and maybe getting the steam version later if they have a really good sale.

#14523 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

New free to play game on steam, War Inc. Battlezone.
Anyone play it before, how is it?

Long story short: it's free, so try it out.

I actually posted about it in the freebie section a few days ago when it went open beta. It ain't a half bad game actually, especially considering I've hated every F2P game I've ever tried...except Global Agenda.

It's a third person shooter and plays like Socom I suppose...but a lot less in "tactical"...

Give it a shot. It's fun. Servers seem kind of low, but you always find a game within seconds, and I'm sure steam will help with that too
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#14524 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Im a HUGE fan of OpenTTD, tell me how is this game compare to OpenTTD
thanks

It is like TTD in that it focuses more on the routes and vehicles more than other aspects. There is still challenge though, because you can't just mass-build one type of transit and expect to make money. Traffic is a real concern (build your tramline on the downtown roads and watch as your tram moves slowly blocked by cars, and your buses have trouble moving at all), so you need intelligent route design, such as feeding your buses into your metro stations.

Tramlines are also awesome, btw, because while placing them is tile/grid based, and they can run on roads or cross them, they can also run down the median between double roads (not harming traffic) or through parts of buildings (like the front area of a hospital or courtyard of a church).

The money aspect is a lot like TTD - maybe hard at first, then you figure it out, then it becomes less of "how much can I get" and more to "how masterful can I design this place".

Although your only "cargo" is people, its how you manage your routes and get people around the city with your coverage that matters. The AI people in this game are smart enough to transfer, so you can bus them from their rural homes to the water ferry, which they ride across and hope on a tram, taking them into the city metro. You make more money this way (they pay at each transfer) and its the whole ideal of this game - making a mass transit system that flows together.

There's also a community I found (citiesinmotion exchange) that has user maps, some tweaks (prices/speed/capacity/etc) and some new vehicles and whatnot.

Also, the DLC is very optional (you're only buying a few items with the DLC, the exception is Tokyo since its a whole map + scenarios). So think of the DLC more like "toss the Developers a couple bucks cause you love them, and they want you to have 5 new vehicles". But if you didn't get any DLC you'd never even know it was missing.

All in all, I'm loving it (it isn't replacing my OpenTTD, but filling a side-role). :bouncy:
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#14525 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

I've logged 30 hours of Terraria in the past 2 days O_O

$5 well spent.

My son and I have done nearly the same. Its nuts considering all the other high end new games I have sitting around right now. This game is so much fun though.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#14526 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

So Grid will be US$5 today? http://www.eurogamer...r-gbp3-on-steam

Tempting, especially with the money going to charity. But I haven't even finished DiRT2 yet, let alone started my DiRT 3, or discovered why the i is small when the D, R and T are big. I need convincing! But who could possibly convince me..?

#14527 niknum

niknum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

I'm a retard at Terraria, or rather, at the controls. I'm such a console gamer. Getting slaughtered by friggin gels because I keep pushing keys other than WASD and therefore neglect to turn my character around to stab them.

I wish the game supported the 360 controller. :(

There are plenty of programs that will allow a 360 controller to mimic the keyboard. I use Xpadder, its $10 and works flawlessly so far. But Im sure there are plenty of free ones too.

#14528 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

I might pick Grid up. It's been a long time since I've played a racing game. From what little I've read it's supposed to be a good arcade racer.

#14529 AAust1594

AAust1594

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Note if you get Grid, they recently took down the multiplayer servers.

#14530 martyback

martyback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

If you are not aware the ultimate collection on the xbox 360 has 48 games in total while the steam version has only 40 games in total. The ultimate version has some arcade games as unlockables and it also has the phantasy star games. Also it looks like the steam version has a couple of different games. (Shadow Dancer and Eternal Champions)

Hopefully this helps a little. I would recommend getting the ultimate collection on the xbox 360 and maybe getting the steam version later if they have a really good sale.

Wow, that helps a lot. I guess I'll get the collection on the Xbox 360 for now.

#14531 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

The Ball and Dwarfs?! are 75% off each (5 and 2.50 respectively) as a daily deal.

Might finally pick up The Ball, any thoughs?

fs_pc.png

#14532 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Dwarfs?!? for $2.50.

D: i'm addicted to mining games

#14533 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

somehow I double posted so I'll edit this one to say that Dwarfs?! is a very nice game, very worth $2.50 but havent had the time to play it much since I have, like all of us, a huge backlog.

fs_pc.png

#14534 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Any thoughts on The Ball? I am almost tempted on it because it's a $5 FPS with weird shit in it.

Dwarfs is meh to me, I don't need another mining game.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14535 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

Any thoughts on The Ball? I am almost tempted on it because it's a $2.50 FPS with weird shit in it.

Dwarfs is meh to me, I don't need another mining game.

It's 5 dollars

#14536 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

It's 5 dollars

Oh $5. Well I am a fan of the like weird FPS games like Doom, Quake, Serious Sam, etc... Stuff that has a lot of odd shit to kill. It looks kinda like a cross between portal and quake.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14537 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

I told myself during the sale that if Dwarfs hit $2.50, I'd get it. Guess it's time to put up or shut up.
Posted Image

#14538 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Grid for 5 bucks is a goddamn steal. Even with no multi it is by far one of the BEST racers out there. Also, from reading the forums on steam, even though the official multi servers are gone there seems to be some unofficial multiplayer servers going on.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#14539 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

I'm definitely picking up Grid. Glad I skipped it during the Summer Sale.

#14540 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Dwarfs for $2.50 sounds like my price range. Wasn't going to get anything else (I HAVE GOT TO STOP READING THIS THREAD) but when you have steamitis, its terminal. :P
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#14541 Phrozenx

Phrozenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

I just wasted a bunch of money on the steam sale and here they put out Grid. GODDAMN YOU STEAM GOD! :P What should I do :'(. If I like Dirt 2 will I like this? even without the MP?

#14542 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Aw man. I bought Dwarfs?! for 5 during the sale. Never expected it would hit 75% off a mere week later.

#14543 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Three great games today. My thoughts:

Dwarfs?! is not at all like Terraria or Minecraft. It's sort of a strategy game in that you use resources to purchase things you need and train more dwarfs. It's a little bit like Lemmings in that you have to watch them because they're prone to getting themselves (and your whole world) into grave danger - they're autonomous. It's a very fun game and best of all there are several different modes and a completely entertaining tower-defense game to boot.

The Ball is kind of like Portal with a ball in that it's a first-person puzzler. There's tons of content including a super-cool portal-themed mission (remember it was part of the Portal 2 ARG), a survival mode, and a leaderboard. It's a good deal and it's a great looking game.

GRiD is a solid racer for $5.00. Well, for just about any price, really, so it's a steal at that price. Lots of mission-based racing, build your own team kind of stuff - not a sim, but very similar to its sister game, DiRT, except it isn't rally racing.

#14544 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Dwarfs?! is not at all like Terraria or Minecraft.

Did anyone think that?

#14545 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Did anyone think that?

I hope not, saying Dwarfs?! is like Terraria is like saying Super Mario Brothers is like Half-Life - because they both take place in indoor/outdoor environments.

#14546 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

I think it was in reference to posts about "don't need another mining game".
Posted Image

#14547 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

GRiD is a solid racer for $5.00. Well, for just about any price, really, so it's a steal at that price. Lots of mission-based racing, build your own team kind of stuff - not a sim, but very similar to its sister game, DiRT, except it isn't rally racing.

What does mission-based racing mean? We're not talking Grand Theft Auto or anything, right? This is a track racing game? I just wonder what you mean by missions. Thanks for any further clarification.

#14548 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

Did anyone think that?

No idea, but with comments about "mining games" I didn't want anyone to get a false impression.

What does mission-based racing mean? We're not talking Grand Theft Auto or anything, right? This is a track racing game? I just wonder what you mean by missions. Thanks for any further clarification.

Yeah, that was a little vague and poorly worded on my part. It is indeed a track racing game. You're constantly presented with a choice of challenges like "race this kind of car on this kind of track and beat so-and-so to win a bonus". Very much like DiRT.

#14549 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

Somewhat tempted on GRiD because I've got a racing wheel, but I know I'll never use it because setting up/taking down the thing is kind of a bitch. Also tempted on The Ball, how long is the campaign?

#14550 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Glad I held off on Dwarfs!? during the summer sale, definitely going to jump on that now for 75% off.