Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#14551 brandonandtiff

brandonandtiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

Somewhat tempted on GRiD because I've got a racing wheel, but I know I'll never use it because setting up/taking down the thing is kind of a bitch. Also tempted on The Ball, how long is the campaign?

This website says around 6 hours.

#14552 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Also tempted on The Ball, how long is the campaign?

I played through the campaign on normal, played the bonus Portal maps, and messed around a bit in the survival maps and Steam says I've played about 8 hours

#14553 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

Anyone who's ever wanted to try a racing game: GRID is the best you'll ever get. It's Arcade-ey but extremely fun. Especially multiplayer. There's all sorts of cars including F3 and F1000. There's also destruction derby mode but you'll have to find a host willing to do that though :P On top of it all the graphics are very nice as well.

I've had some great and excitingly intence races with this game (I got it for 360 though).

#14554 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

Anyone who's ever wanted to try a racing game: GRID is the best you'll ever get. It's Arcade-ey but extremely fun. Especially multiplayer. There's all sorts of cars including F3 and F1000. There's also destruction derby mode but you'll have to find a host willing to do that though :P On top of it all the graphics are very nice as well.

I've had some great and excitingly intence races with this game (I got it for 360 though).

For PC does it have multiplayer? Steam says online single player.

#14555 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

From what ive been told, GRID online servers were taken down for good. So basically just a single player experience. Still I heard it was a GREAT single player experience in its own right.

#14556 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

There is a workaround

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1938270

#14557 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

After dying frequently for a bit, my husband I got the hang of Terraria and were playing it the last few hours. Definitely a time sink-hole! I'm looking forward to building an epic house, someday.

#14558 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Bought The Ball. It looked too good to not pass up.

I really like these daily deals. It allows me to try new games without breaking my wallet (if I decide I like the game enough). I wont buy anything if it's over $10 unless I really want the game though.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14559 hypnotize191

hypnotize191

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Does anyone know if this game will activate on steam?
http://www.gamestop....#productDetails
Its the first Witcher. Its on sale for only $10.00.

#14560 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Does anyone know if this game will activate on steam?
http://www.gamestop....#productDetails
Its the first Witcher. Its on sale for only $10.00.

It will not activate on Steam, but you can also buy it from GOG for $10 with no DRM whatsoever.

#14561 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

No daily deal? Alteast its not showing for me.

#14562 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

No daily deal? Alteast its not showing for me.

Don't see anything. I will be assuming there is one especially since they still show dwarfs and the ball for the same price.
Posted Image

#14563 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

It's showing for me that The Ball and Dwarfs! are still on sale, just not showing up under the daily deal.
Maybe they are having issues today

A day without issues for Steam is a good day :lol:. No matter what the deal is, lol.
Posted Image

#14564 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

According to their News page, Brainpipe is today's daily deal game. 66% off so the price is at $3.40. I'm not near my Steam client at the moment so I checked it through the site but I don't see a link to a demo there (not logged in to Steam). Any opinions on the game?

14610.png

#14565 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

According to their News page, Brainpipe is today's daily deal game. 66% off so the price is at $3.40. I'm not near my Steam client at the moment so I checked it through the site but I don't see a link to a demo there (not logged in to Steam). Any opinions on the game?

It looks like all you do is travel a vertical path and avoid objects coming at you. Looks like it would be fun for like 10-15 minutes then get boring.
Posted Image

#14566 Phrozenx

Phrozenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Looks like Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 dropped to $30 on steam. Thats nice I guess.

#14567 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

Not really a daily deal...

But after sinking many hours over the past week into Dungeons of Dredmor, I would highly recommend my fellow CAG'ers pick this one up! I think today is the last day for 10% off, so go save that 50 cents!

#14568 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Oops, I did not know that. Sorry... that severely limites the joy of the game I think. I only played it multiplayer. Racing games SP never interest me much...

Does anyone know if you can play it over LAN? Was kinda planning on trying that this weekend.

#14569 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

Glad I held off on Dwarfs!? during the summer sale, definitely going to jump on that now for 75% off.

Ditto. I knew after playing the demo it'd be an instant buy at $2.50 but I was surprised when it didn't go on sale. However I got it now.

#14570 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

Oops, I did not know that. Sorry... that severely limites the joy of the game I think. I only played it multiplayer. Racing games SP never interest me much...

Does anyone know if you can play it over LAN? Was kinda planning on trying that this weekend.

On another site I frequent they were talking about this deal, apparently you can play multiplayer still over tunngle or gameranger using the ingame LAN function. I am not familiar with either of those though, so I can not comment on quality.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14571 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

Daily deal seems like watchmen 66% off

http://store.steampo...e/watchmen_deal

#14572 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Weekend Deal:

Civ 5: $17

m3talst0rm17.png

#14573 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

http://store.steampo....com/news/5894/

hey guys check this out. This weekend the game altitude will be free to play and better yet, the game is currently 50% off until monday!

#14574 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

The Watchmen deal would be better if it were a $3-$5 bundle. The games have been out for quite some time now and I don't think that is unreasonable to expect.

Altitude is great. A fun way to kill some time. Apparently there was a pretty big update today as well adding more maps, interface changes and balancing tweaks.

Tempted to get Civ5, but I'm still holding out eventually for a bundle deal that includes all the DLC. Besides, I've got PLENTY of strategy games to keep me occupied.

#14575 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Cthulhu and Breath of Death made more revenue for the developer in one week on Steam than it did for an entire year+ on XBLIG. http://www.joystiq.c...of-death-vii-o/

#14576 bigloser

bigloser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

I know it's not a daily deal or anything. But has anyone bought Trapped Dead? I'm curious if it's any good, looks interesting enough.

#14577 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Altitude is lots of fun. Can be played with a mouse, but pretty much requires a controller to be played well, IMO. Bought it last year and I've had a good time with it.
Posted Image

#14578 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Cthulhu and Breath of Death made more revenue for the developer in one week on Steam than it did for an entire year+ on XBLIG. http://www.joystiq.c...of-death-vii-o/

That's pretty damn cool. And, seeing this reminds me I need to start those games. Been busy with other stuff, and forgot that I downloaded them.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#14579 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

Decided to buy GRID before the deal ended, I'm a sucker for racing game (especially from Codemasters). I also went ahead and bought that new indie game, Runespell:Overture. It looks like fun so I said "what the hell" and just slyly added it to my cart. Oh Steam I love and hate you all at the same time!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14580 Hockey37

Hockey37

Hockey Player/Coach CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

Is there car customization in GRID? Or do they just give you specific cars for certain challenges?
Posted Image