Photo
- - - - -

Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14626 replies to this topic

#2011 necrojustice

necrojustice

is fighting Tyson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

I'm all over The Oddboxx for $12.49.
Stranger's Wrath is worth that alone.

#2012 Link42

Link42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

Global Agenda is $15
http://store.steampo....com/app/17020/

#2013 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

Oddboxx is normally 24.99, on sale for 12.49.

Best. F'in. Deal. ever.

#2014 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

YES! Oddboxx for 12 bucks makes me gald i got out of bed this morning... Woot also in for a double dip of BFBC2 (have on D2d but prefer all games on one service)

#2015 evilwrath666

evilwrath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Gonna pick up the oddbox and then sell my sealed copy of strangers wrath

#2016 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

picked up winterbottom in case its a price mistake. Waiting for the site to be a bit more reliable for the rest. I see a lot I am interested in but I should probably hold off. Those of you who took part last year did the sales continue the whole time? I know some things got cheaper but did anything go away?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2017 OmegaTyrant

OmegaTyrant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

Checked my wishlist and... wow... Force Unleashed II for $20?!?!? now i have to think about buying this mediocre game!?!?

#2018 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/2546/

Don't think; just buy.

you mean pay $65 for games I can get in the Orange Box for like $10? No thanks... Counterstrike and Day of Defeat are not worth the additional content for an extra $50.

SteamWidget.PNG

#2019 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

All I can say is wow at the Winterbottom price ($.50) and at the BFBC 2 price of less than $7. I have both, but really nice prices.
Space for Rent:lol:

#2020 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

you mean pay $65 for games I can get in the Orange Box for like $10? No thanks... Counterstrike and Day of Defeat are not worth the additional content for an extra $50.

It's $25

tumblr_n8m4m92c2R1tyi0d7o1_500.gif       output_U62dcJ.gif

#2021 Link42

Link42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

The bundle is $25 for all the games. Better than Orange Box by a mile. $65 is the "savings."

#2022 djfp

djfp

Der Kittn Snorglr

• CAGiversary!

I'm all over The Oddboxx for $12.49.
Stranger's Wrath is worth that alone.

As far as I can tell, we're not able to buy Stranger's Wrath separately.
Posted Image

#2023 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

$65? Check your monitor again. And don't forget the L4D games.

#2024 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Is it wrong that I still don't really want Winterbottom at 50 cents? :p

Oh well, crossing my fingers for some good deals.

#2025 GoingIncognito

GoingIncognito

It's $24.99. They list the "You Save" as $65. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. " --Albert Einstein

Check My List

#2026 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's only 25, and Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 are probably worth the extra 15 bucks if they are your cup of tea. (The 65 you saw was the "you save")

#2027 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

picked up winterbottom in case its a price mistake. Waiting for the site to be a bit more reliable for the rest. I see a lot I am interested in but I should probably hold off. Those of you who took part last year did the sales continue the whole time? I know some things got cheaper but did anything go away?

I don't recall anything being pulled except the Witcher I think. So I'd say if its on sale its likely good for the entire sale.

#2028 Hestar

Hestar

Artax! Stupid Horse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

it's only 25.00 for all the games unless im seeing it wrong :X..And DOD and cs are worth that alone imo :lol:

edit:kayatai beat meh to it :P

Posted Image

Macklin....you son of a bitch 8-)

#2029 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

Don't be a douche.
They specifically stated the introductory price would be the lowest for a long time. They stated they did that because they were tired of seeing customers buy games at launch only to get screwed over by the game being on sale shortly after.
I wouldnt care if they hadnt specifically said that, I wouldve waited to buy it like I do everything else.

I recall the quote you're referring to, and it was specifically relating to the XBLA version of the game.

AFAIK, the PC version never had an introductory price: it was just cheaper to preorder and then launched immediately @ $15.

#2030 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

The only things that changed over the course of the week were games that either ran out of licenses to sell (happened just once, Prey, and it was a daily deal) and then incorrectly priced daily deals that changed very quickly. So no, I don't see anything going away except for pricing errors, which is why the only reason I'm looking now is for those errors. My plan is to watch for prices too good to be true, and unless i find those, wait for daily deals. If the games I don't want to appear as daily deals, I'll pick them up on the last day. Also, the oddworld devs did say that that pack will only be 50% off today, but that's an exception where it's been explicitly stated.

#2031 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

So what about those Indie packs that had been hinted?

#2032 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hate to ask, but is there a new group buy thread? Serious Sam HD is tempting, but a four pack buy at $2.48 is even more tempting.

#2033 paz9x

paz9x

I don't recall anything being pulled except the Witcher I think. So I'd say if its on sale its likely good for the entire sale.

well there doesnt seem to be a way to tell if any of these are daily deals.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#2034 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Don't be a douche.
They specifically stated the introductory price would be the lowest for a long time. They stated they did that because they were tired of seeing customers buy games at launch only to get screwed over by the game being on sale shortly after.
I wouldnt care if they hadnt specifically said that, I wouldve waited to buy it like I do everything else.

It isn't worth getting worked up over it. You paid a price for a game and at the time you thought it was good, everything comes down in price even it was sooner than you expected it too.
Posted Image

#2035 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

It's $25

You're right. I looked at the save $65 part instead of the cost $25 part ;). That's a much better deal heh. For CS and DoD it's not worth it still, but with L4D 1 and 2, it makes it a little better. I own or have owned all those games tho, so i'll pass.

SteamWidget.PNG

#2036 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Can someone answer me a question about the game packs. If I buy the Valve complete pack, I already have Half Life 2, Portal and Counterstike Source can I gift the games that I already own to a friend? Or am I stuck owning it twice basically?
CML

#2037 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

It will tell you during checkout whether any duplicates can be gifted.

#2038 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I'm still annoyed about Witcher... grr.... I wish they'd put that one up as a daily on one of these sales.

#2039 Skram

Skram

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

Uh, $25 you mean. And Orange Box is $15 right now. And L4D1 and L4D2 are both in that pack, and regularly $10 each.

I own almost everything in the pack and I'm tempted to buy it again. Jeez.

Edit- Well jeez a little late hopping aboard the hate on dood for a mistake train.

#2040 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Picked up:
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield 2
Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

How good are the oddworld games? I never played any of them.
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita