Walmart Price Matching Black Friday Deals

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

http://consumerist.c...ack-friday.html

http://www.prnewswir...-109852434.html

While this isn't strictly a deal per se, I figured all the CAGs would like to know that Walmart is, officially, price matching competitors' Black Friday deals. Looks like they're serious this year.

#2 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Wal-Mart does this every year.

#3 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Simpsons did it.

#4 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Typically, stores do not match doorbuster deals. It even says so in their exclusions. I think that this means Walmart will now price match doorbusters from any other store. That's a big deal if the other store ran out of the item, but Walmart has plenty.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#5 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Walmart doesn't just do this every year, they match things every day.

Why is it news?

#6 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

Typically, stores do not match doorbuster deals. It even says so in their exclusions. I think that this means Walmart will now price match doorbusters from any other store. That's a big deal if the other store ran out of the item, but Walmart has plenty.

Again, Wal-Mart does this every year.

The last two Black Friday's I worked at a corporation right next door to a Wal-Mart. I would go in at about 9 am, with all the ads (including doorbusters) and price match everything no problem.

As long as you are in the doorbuster time limits Wal-Mart will match it.

#7 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

A lot of retailers end up doing this actually, they just won't be on ad. When I worked retail there were the offers we had and then usually in the days leading up we'd get confirmation that we were lowering prices on certain items to match the competitors.

#8 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

The only think I'm wondering is if Walmart will accept PDF print-out of ads. I want to pick something up from Target's sale with my Walmart gift card.

#9 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

how about gaming credit deals?
since Walmart is only a 5min drive from my apt, while Kmart is 40min away, I am not so willing to drive a long way to Kmart and just buy one game...
Posted Image

#10 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

I wouldn't get too excited. On some of the big ticket stuff they usually have store specific model numbers, so even if say Target has a TV on sale and Wal-Mart has one just like it, the numbers won't match and they can just deny it by saying they're different models. Now if it's a game or something that is different, but don't be surprised if they pull something like this.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#11 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Here is Wal-Mart's price matching policies:

http://walmartstores.com/7659.aspx

Be warned, managers can interpret these any way they wish.

#12 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

Again, Wal-Mart does this every year.

The last two Black Friday's I worked at a corporation right next door to a Wal-Mart. I would go in at about 9 am, with all the ads (including doorbusters) and price match everything no problem.

As long as you are in the doorbuster time limits Wal-Mart will match it.

I said stores, not Walmart.
Here is Target's price matching policy exclusion:

Other price matching exclusions include:

• Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)

Edited by gordojones88, 24 November 2010 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#13 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Walmart does this every year like someone stated. Every year, except last year (did Amazon way), I take all the ads from the paper, take them into Walmart, grab my titles (mostly dvds and games), and price match it all (doorbusters, etc). Never have had a problem. The only negative is you hold up the line while you pricematch multiple stores :D

Other stores though don't usually allow matching on Black Friday. Heck, Best Buy told me I couldn't get a price differential on a previous purchase on one of the sales items. Now I have to buy it that day and return it under the old receipt. What a hassle.

#14 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

They eventually did it, but WalMart kinda gave me a hard time price matching a couple years ago. Eventhough tv ads were running advertising the Black Friday price match, I had to wait for the clerk to get the manager, and then argue a bit with the manager to give the clerk approval. Didn't see any thing worth arguing over last year, so it might be easier now.

#15 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

how about gaming credit deals?
since Walmart is only a 5min drive from my apt, while Kmart is 40min away, I am not so willing to drive a long way to Kmart and just buy one game...

I tried with 2 wal-marts when Spider-Man: SD came out and it was a no go. Of course, I have gotten price matches with a receipt at wal-marts before. I'd say try it but don't be too upset if they do not wish to match it.

#16 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

I was able to price match some games last yr, shouldn't be a problem

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#17 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

I wouldn't get too excited. On some of the big ticket stuff they usually have store specific model numbers, so even if say Target has a TV on sale and Wal-Mart has one just like it, the numbers won't match and they can just deny it by saying they're different models. Now if it's a game or something that is different, but don't be surprised if they pull something like this.

Exactly....last yr I took the Radio Shack ad to Wm to pricematch the Ps3 controllers. Radio Shack had 2 diff sales, 5am to 10am, and then another from 10am to wtf ever it was...they tried to tell me that the ad didnt specifically say what time the controllers were on sale and that it could be in the 2nd half of the day etc etc...eventually I got the 1 controller etc but they do try to pull every little stunt they can not to pricematch.

Im hating that walmart is starting their dvds and games at midnight and Target opens at 4am because that throws my shopping plans out the f'n window.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#18 irratebass

irratebass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

Exactly....last yr I took the Radio Shack ad to Wm to pricematch the Ps3 controllers. Radio Shack had 2 diff sales, 5am to 10am, and then another from 10am to wtf ever it was...they tried to tell me that the ad didnt specifically say what time the controllers were on sale and that it could be in the 2nd half of the day etc etc...eventually I got the 1 controller etc but they do try to pull every little stunt they can not to pricematch.

Im hating that walmart is starting their dvds and games at midnight and Target opens at 4am because that throws my shopping plans out the f'n window.

I thought Walmart wasn't doing their electronic deals until 5am???? Yeah they open at Midnight, but I don't think the games or Blu-Ray players are avail until 5am.

Can anyone verify this?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

The only think I'm wondering is if Walmart will accept PDF print-out of ads. I want to pick something up from Target's sale with my Walmart gift card.

Anyone?

#20 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

I thought Walmart wasn't doing their electronic deals until 5am???? Yeah they open at Midnight, but I don't think the games or Blu-Ray players are avail until 5am.

Can anyone verify this?

They start at midnight, just like their ad says. It's really not that hard, the PDF of their ad even has it that Pages 1-8 are the 5am doorbusters, page 9-whatever are the midnight deals, and the last page is Saturday deals.

Anyone?

They're not supposed to, but it's really going to depend on the manager.