Photo
- - - - -

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY XBOX 360 (OOS Again) /PS3 (OOS Again) $17.99 FS @ Newegg

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#151 zerotl

zerotl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

I've already beaten the 360 vanilla version, but been wanting to play the joker levels, so I wouldn't mind getting this for the ps3. come on ps3!!!

#152 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

I just received the GOTY PS3 version, I ordered about 4 days prior to the recent sale of $17.99.

It is the red label Greatest Hits.

So, if this was shipped before the deal went live, I'd bet the good lot of you will be getting the same.

I'm glad I was adamant about adjusting the price $10 with the customer service, I would have been hella pissed if I paid retail for a Greatest Hits game.

Either way, now I can play this game and leave the lenticular version sealed.

I now have the regular, the lenticular GOTY, and the Greatest Hits GOTY versions for the PS3

#153 jimijumper

jimijumper

Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

yeah, got the game today its the PH version, 360

#154 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

Have to say the color scheme of the PH case and even the logo on the cover looks pretty nice. Doesn't seem as cheap as the red PS3 cases.

#155 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Have to say the color scheme of the PH case and even the logo on the cover looks pretty nice. Doesn't seem as cheap as the red PS3 cases.

Oddly, the Batman GOTY PS3 version isn't in the red case, the front label just has a red band along the top. Maybe Sony has done away with the red cases for the GH titles from here on out.

#156 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

Snagged a PS3 version before it went OOS. I previously owned the regularPs3 version but felt the need to own the GOTY edition.

#157 ploppsdman

ploppsdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, received the ps3 version with the clear plastic case w/ the red band on the cover. I dont see the headache with the red cases, but whatevers.

#158 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

Missed it again. oh well.

#159 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

I figured I would chime in just a tad late and add a bit more, not only are there two separate lists for the regular and GOTY versions on the 360 but also on the pc as well. So if one was so determined enough they could play the game 4 separate times and get 4,000 gamerscore. I've already played through this game on three different versions (ps3, regular 360, and pc) and I still crave it.

Did they release the GOTY pc version in the USA as a retail release? I can't seem to find it at stores, and Amazon only lists a UK import version.

#160 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

My ps3 version arrived today ... it was the greatest hits logo in a clear case.

#161 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:31 PM

Oddly, the Batman GOTY PS3 version isn't in the red case, the front label just has a red band along the top. Maybe Sony has done away with the red cases for the GH titles from here on out.

I believe that's the case.

#162 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

I believe that's the case.

ummm ... i don't think so. all the new copies of Uncharted, Infamous, and Killzone 2 are in the red cases.

#163 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

ummm ... i don't think so. all the new copies of Uncharted, Infamous, and Killzone 2 are in the red cases.

That's a much older batch of greatest hits titles.

#164 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

If the game is the same as a game in another color case who cares? I picked up the 360 version, I don't care if the case is pink as long as the game is the same as any other GOTY version, such ridiculous things to worry about.
Posted Image

#165 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

The GOTY has 3d does it not and come with 3d glasses for it?

#166 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

The GOTY has 3d does it not and come with 3d glasses for it?

Yes
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#167 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

Does the PH GOTY version come with 2 pairs of glasses like the regular GOTY version? I might just keep the PH one if so.

#168 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

Does the PH GOTY version come with 2 pairs of glasses like the regular GOTY version? I might just keep the PH one if so.

nope, it comes with one set.

#169 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:49 AM

nope, it comes with one set.

Thanks. Ugh, I wouldn't have bought from New Egg had I known it was PH. Might keep it anyway, still a good price.

#170 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

I noticed this was out of stock and then back in stock pretty quickly. What causes them to get them back in stock so quickly?? Also, what are the odds they will get more of the PS3 version in again quickly?

Thanks...

#171 StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:07 AM

They just put the red sticker on non GH cases when they go GH. Then all copies made after that come in the red plastic. But who gives a shit, it just holds the disc... you don't play the case.

#172 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

I noticed this was out of stock and then back in stock pretty quickly. What causes them to get them back in stock so quickly?? Also, what are the odds they will get more of the PS3 version in again quickly?

Thanks...

A place as large as Newegg most likely has multiple shipping centers, each with their own inventory. As soon as one of those warehouses gets a new shipment in, Newegg can update their site and advertise they have the game for sale again.

I'd bet that the PS3 version will be restocked within the week, but more likely within a few days.

#173 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

I got my Xbox copy today. Ordered it on Wednesday. It's the GOTY Platinum Hits version.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#174 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:40 AM

A place as large as Newegg most likely has multiple shipping centers, each with their own inventory. As soon as one of those warehouses gets a new shipment in, Newegg can update their site and advertise they have the game for sale again.

I'd bet that the PS3 version will be restocked within the week, but more likely within a few days.

Great information. Thanks so much!

#175 jinxpalm

jinxpalm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Hmm got mine today... gray platinum hits 360 version... I cant stand the sight of the gray case... wonder if they will make me pay return shipping

#176 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

They just put the red sticker on non GH cases when they go GH. Then all copies made after that come in the red plastic. But who gives a shit, it just holds the disc... you don't play the case.

Wrong Mr. Misinformation

Posted Image

Some of us don't like the red cases and prefer to buy non GH because of the red cases. I think it looks like shit when your games are displayed on a shelf and a lone red case sticks out.

This game as I stated, has a red band embedded in the label...no sticker...no red case.

Click picture for larger size.

#177 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

It is my understanding they no longer use the red cases for GH. They are using the red banner instead. There are red cases in the supply channel as well as original cases with stickers on them.

#178 Corsico

Corsico

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Damn! Missed it! LOL!

#179 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

Hmm got mine today... gray platinum hits 360 version... I cant stand the sight of the gray case... wonder if they will make me pay return shipping

goddammit. let us know how it turns out.

if i can't easily dump it, i'm returning it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#180 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

So is there a difference between the two?