Photo
- - - - -

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY XBOX 360 (OOS Again) /PS3 (OOS Again) $17.99 FS @ Newegg

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#181 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

So is there a difference between the two?

From posts above, seems that Greatest Hits/Platinum version came with only one set of 3D glasses instead of two, that and you got normal cover instead of a fairly cool cover. Game-wise is the same, should be anyway.

#182 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

If anyone who got a greatest hits case for the ps3 is upset with their copy, I missed out on this deal so I wouldn't mind working something out with you as the red cases don't bother me at all. PM me. =)

Edited by Glomerate, 30 November 2010 - 04:24 AM.

#183 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

Got my PS3 copy today. It is the non-lenticular GH version.
It does not look that bad but nothing compared to the black label one.
Feel like returning. Was anyone able to do it? I have never tried returns with Newegg since I hardly buy from them

#184 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

Man why is this selling out so fast omg! I always see back in stock then gone by the time i click the link....

Them listing the GOTY and sending the PH is bait and switch and illegal. I would contact them about this and demand either them pay for return shipping or get a % off of the item for doing such illegal activity. This is why i hate buying GOTY editions on buy.com and other known sites that do this often. I just never thought a big name company like newegg would do such things...

#185 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:06 AM

Contacted Newegg & they were almost apologetic for sending the GH version. Issued an RMA & UPS return label in no time

It was so easy that now I almost feel like keeping it!!:roll:

#186 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:28 AM

Okay so its the :360: was the Grey Platinum Hits GOTY Ed of the game (the one that can stack for achievement whoring) and has the 3-D correct?

If so and anyone wants to sell it off instead of shipping it back (for cost plus shipping) PM me

#187 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

My friend got $10 credit for them screwing up. I would of been happy with the game even with one pair of 3d glasses myself. I would be blah when a different version came but would bite the bullet on it. To bad i am keep missing this coming instock...

#188 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

My friend got $10 credit for them screwing up. I would of been happy with the game even with one pair of 3d glasses myself. I would be blah when a different version came but would bite the bullet on it. To bad i am keep missing this coming instock...

I only got one pair of glasses. More were suppose to come with it?

#189 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:22 AM

My copy God of War Collection from amazon is Ugly GH version. I'll hit my local Target re-buy non-GH version & return GH version :)
"Evil is Funs"

#190 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:34 AM

I only got one pair of glasses. More were suppose to come with it?

Non Greatest Hits, and maybe non Platinum, version have two pairs.

#191 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

lol @people with GH's, not as if someone is going to come over your house, oh wow I see a GH's title in your collection O_O

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#192 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

lol @people with GH's, not as if someone is going to come over your house, oh wow I see a GH's title in your collection O_O

Actually i bet most of us have friends that come over. We watch sometimes 3D movies on tv so batman 3d would be a blast.

#193 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'm sure the pizza boxes and cheeto crumbs strewn about the floor will get more attention

#194 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

Its not for others. People have their own tastes too.
You would probably realize it too if you put the GH & Black label cover for this version side by side
Unless you are one of those whose game boxes & covers spend more time with their pets than anywhere else

#195 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

I'm sure the pizza boxes and cheeto crumbs strewn about the floor will get more attention

Are you in my house now?

Seriously I did care but now going on a few hundred games I can care less .

#196 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

I don't understand why you can't see such a simple concept.

People like having certain things a certain way. If covert art and cases don't matter, then how about i trade you ugly shit ass blockbuster cases for all your 360 cases?

by the way, the CSR i talked to had no idea what i was blabbering about and said she had to research it and get back to me.

Edited by confoosious, 30 November 2010 - 10:46 PM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#197 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

im preeeeety sure M$/$ony KNOW these cases are ugly as fuckand intentionally keep them that way to punish gamers for buying them cheap instead of when they're first released.

#198 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

i used to try to get all my games in standard versions and green or clear cases to be consistent, but sony and microsoft keep changing the standard cover art and it's too hard to keep up with the constant changes.

sony standard cover art used to have the black "playstation 3" stripe on the side. now they don't even print new games with that black stripe anymore.

microsoft used to only have standard cover art or the ugly grey border platinum hits. then they had the more bearable 2nd generation platinum hits covers. now all newly printed games have the new xbox logo banner on the top regardless if it's a standard game or platinum hits version (only the platinum hits have the word stamped on top).

the different cases do bother me as i tried to only get standard version cover art games for my collection. now i don't care if i have gray/green or clear cases for ps3 as long as they are not the ugly original xbox gray border platinum hits cover art or red ps3 cases. i can't stand the red one ps3 cases and those ugly original grey border xbox platinum hits, but i can deal with grey cases.

#199 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

im preeeeety sure M$/$ony KNOW these cases are ugly as fuckand intentionally keep them that way to punish gamers for buying them cheap instead of when they're first released.

Actually, that's not the reason, although it's probably a side benefit. They do it to force non-chain and other retailers to honor the reduced MSRP. They can't legally require that any retailer reduce the price, but consumer knowledge and pressure make it very hard for a store to charge $60 for something in a "Greatest Hits" case or logo'ed as such, especially when the publishers are running ads in magazines touting the reduced price point.

#200 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

Both MS and Sony have made improvements to how their Greatest/Platinum Hits lines look. And wouldn't an ugly case keep some collectors from buying the Greatest Hits version and end up costing the company money?

#201 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

And wouldn't an ugly case keep some collectors from buying the Greatest Hits version and end up costing the company money?

collectors and people with ocd who care about different colored cases are the minority.

sony and microsoft only care about and cater to the general public who doesn't give a shit if it the game is in an ugly case. as long as people are buying a "greatest/platinum hit" which is a quality game at $19.99 - $29.99

#202 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

:rofl: @ the 'debate' over GH vs. non-GH.

Buy a game cuz it's a good game and not cuz it messes with the feng shui of your 'omg collection'.

It's like people who won't play a game if it doesn't have cheesemints or trophies. Play a game cuz it's fun to play and maybe even challenging, not cuz you get your little Pavlovian stimuli from it.

Anyway, both versions are back in stock now but are $27.99 a pop, which is still a good deal for this game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#203 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

agreed. play a game because it is fun. do not let games own you.

#204 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

And again, all the people who say cases don't matter and it's all about the GaMeZ -- trade me your pristine xbox cases for some shit ass blockbuster cases. After all, it doesn't matter right?

No takers?

I didn't think so.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#205 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

And again, all the people who say cases don't matter and it's all about the GaMeZ -- trade me your pristine xbox cases for some shit ass blockbuster cases. After all, it doesn't matter right?

No takers?

I didn't think so.

Ill give you cases for free if you pay shipping.

Ill give you three they actually have game artwork and manual no games
SF4
star wars force unleashed
left 4 dead 2
ill give you all 3 cases you pay shipping.

needler420.png

#206 myke-myke

myke-myke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

This may sound crazy but have any you guys been able to track your shipment w/ Newegg? I've been getting an error.
Posted Image

#207 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

This may sound crazy but have any you guys been able to track your shipment w/ Newegg? I've been getting an error.

Yes I was able to track my shipment, was suppose to arrive yesterday but for some reason came today. It is the Platinum Hits case, to me I do not care, as long as the game is in there, I don't care how many pair of 3D glasses are there either...:roll:
Posted Image

#208 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Ill give you cases for free if you pay shipping.

Ill give you three they actually have game artwork and manual no games
SF4
star wars force unleashed
left 4 dead 2
ill give you all 3 cases you pay shipping.

i'm not begging for cases. I'm saying that if the people who are all "lulz @ no PH cags" truly feel that way, then why don't they trade me all their cases for ugly blockbuster ones?

i couldnt either. the tracking number that they give you is some Mail Innovations thing. You can only track it via the newegg site, not the regular USPS.com tracker.

Ees7Y.jpg

#209 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

No takers?

I didn't think so.

What cases do you need for which games? I have like 600 of them still across multiple platforms.;):razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#210 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

Getting a game without the original case is disappointing. It's like getting a used car without hubcaps...sure it's a car, but it doesn't feel right. It doesn't look right. It's just not right. This is the same with games and cases. A game with a cheap case is certainly nice, but it will never feel right...not to mention it makes you look like a cheap ass hole.

On the topic of Batman, I don't think 18$ is that good of a deal. I'm going to wait until the regular edition drops to 10$ before I pick it up. Personally, I don't want to look like a damn geek wearing 3d glasses to play my video games.