The Sims 3 Bundle (Xbox 360/PS3, PC and Iphone) $34.99 + Tax at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Unassuming Local Guy

Unassuming Local Guy

Not cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

ok. some of you will not be happy. you get the disk for the console version and download vouchers for the iphone AND PC Version. they expire in april of next year.

still not bad for 35, eh?

Can you snap a picture? If the packaging looks like garbage and has Best Buy logos slathered about, I'll just cancel it and order the PC version from Amazon for $20.

#32 PotatoGuy

PotatoGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

regular retail disc in regular retail packaging. only difference is over the UPC there is a not for resale sticker over it. but it is on the cellophane. two paper inserts with redeemable download codes for pc version and iphone. all of it was bundled in a carboard box that is slightly larger then a ps3 game case. i can take a picture as soon as i charge the battery. or if my girlfriend comes home between now and then i cant as it is a gift for her.

#33 kevzik

kevzik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for all the help Potato.

Guess I could gift paper vouchers, right?

LOOKING FOR A BLURAY DRIVE - WILL TRADE NEW TEKKEN BUNDLE!

http://www.cheapassg...076#post6774076

#34 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

ok. some of you will not be happy. you get the disk for the console version and download vouchers for the iphone AND PC Version. they expire in april of next year.

still not bad for 35, eh?

Good to know. Can you tell - is the PC version PC/Mac - or just PC? Sims games are usually for Mac too, but if it's just a code then maybe not...

Edited by imacjenn, 26 November 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#35 spidamatrix

spidamatrix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

Good to know. Can you tell - is the PC version PC/Mac - or just PC? Sims games are usually for Mac too, but if it's just a code then maybe not...

Was wondering the same thing, just got back from BBY though and nothing on the package says it is a good for a MAC download. It is just the digital download for PC, which is kind of weird since they are giving you an iphone download. Still a great deal though.

#36 PotatoGuy

PotatoGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Guess I could gift paper vouchers, right?

yah and if the person gets angry then Fuck them. should be happy they were given anything.

also the paper isnt in front of me but i'm fairly sure the says pc all over it.

#37 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

Torn between this and the 360 version alone for $30 on Amazon. Probably just better to save the money since I don't think anyone I know would be interested in the game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

360 version has a bug that will freeze your console when you try to save. After doing a marathon session several times, it will destroy your interest in the game.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#39 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

360 version has a bug that will freeze your console when you try to save. After doing a marathon session several times, it will destroy your interest in the game.

Yeah, I heard that. Apparently EA is working on a patch for the problem so hopefully it will be out before I get around to playing the game. Probably would be a while anyway since my backlog is fairly large. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

This is a great value, especially for anyone who was going to buy the standard version off Amazon or BB for $35. Some pics -

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry for the quality, iphone camera. Anyway, notice the plastic is sealed on the ps3 copy and the 2 cards have codes on the back. Great if you only want PC or PS3/360 and want to sell the other copy online.

#41 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

definitely bought this...the xbox one for me, the pc/ipod version for the wife

596772.png

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

So the PC one is a download code. Too bad my PC can't handle Sims 3. It can barely handle Sims 2.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#43 RoyalT7

RoyalT7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Sweet been waiting for a deal like this. 360 for me.

#44 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Man, I just bought the Sims 3 for my girlfriend yesterday, so I guess I'll be exchanging it.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#45 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

don't forget this is carried in the PC gaming area, not with the console games..I was torn about getting this b/c I really want to check out the Sims 3 on a console, but would not take advantage of the PC and iPod offerings..thus either having to give them away or sell the codes on here..which could work out..I just don't know! :roll:
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.