Sony Store $9.99 Game Clearance (Again)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

Earlier yesterday morning I called all the locations in my area that showed up on Sony Store's website, all Star Oceans were cleared out. Damn. I really wanted that one.
Posted Image

#32 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:22 AM

I went to WEM after work last night and manged to pick up DA:O and R&C:CiT. no WKC of FFXIII. Some Fifa.NHL/Madden 10, the bromance game (army of 2 40th day) Wolverine and a few others not really good enough to mention.

Those looking for Ratchet and Clank titles are better off to hit EB since they are selling for $9.99 used (along with KZ2 and Uncharted).

Was a bit disappointed that the hoarders got to this one first. Was hoping to get on WKC or FFXIII.

WOOT ARMY OF TWO is still availaible??!!? NICEEE

#33 Jamaal23

Jamaal23

Cereal killer.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, the Bayshore location in Ottawa only had a few $10 games left as of yesterday night, but they were probably not the ones most people are looking for; not the ones being mentioned here at least.

Sorry, can't remember the titles. Think it might have been Madden 10, Lost Planet #1, and some old music/rhythm game.

#34 Mikass

Mikass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Either Moncton, NB was cleaned out or they had jack to begin with.

I picked up Prince of Persia. There wasn't much else. Sad as I really wanted army of two and Kane & Lynch. Oh well maybe next time. :)

#35 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

I checked out the Halifax Shopping Centre store last week just to scope their stock and they had **** all to begin with.

#36 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

Only left in Windsor are Rockband Song Packs and some other games not intereted in though sucks to find deals here

#37 Pajo

Pajo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

yesterday, went to the windsor location (devonshire mall)
only ones of interest were both ratchet and clank games for my gf (I played them both already)
we find the first one, so the guy is going thru the big stack of games, finds the second one and PUTS IT ASIDE FOR HIMSELF!!!!!
i go, guy, what the hell are you doing
oh i'm gonna buy this for my nephew for christmas
but i specifically told you I was looking for both R&C games, and i'm here to buy them
but its the same game **looks at cover** oh, its not. But come on, this is for a 7 year old for christmas dude (he was telling me about 5-6 other games he bought before this for him/his nephew)

i'm not a confrontational person (but if I want to be, I can), but looking back, I should have exploded at this guy

#38 Icetron

Icetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Anyone know if the Vancouver stores are cleared out yet? I have a feeling they've already been raid...

Yeah I work at Metrotown, there was nothing but the crappy games left at that one. I want Star Ocean soooooooooo bad at that price, oh well.

#39 Chronorayven

Chronorayven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

can't find any decent games left at the sony store i went to only one lefts are some Rockband Packs and Bionic Commando :(

#40 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

I'm really confused... I went yesterday to the Sony Style Store in the Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, CA, and had them ring up White Knight Chronicles, Fifa 10, and a few others on the list and they were all ringing up at full price. The employees knew nothing about the clearance, and kinda made me feel dumb about asking... Soooo, what the hell is going on!!??

#41 snuter

snuter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

@Darshminder

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but this deal is posted in the Canada forum. I'm guessing that it isn't valid in the states. If it is any consolation, most of the good games were pretty scarce so you aren't missing much.

#42 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:10 AM

Ha! Thanks, totally missed that... :lol:

#43 Eoyote

Eoyote

DLC - Disc Locked Content

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

http://forums.redfla...8/#post11959245

Man, I feel bad for those in Toronto with people like this in your area :cry:

#44 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

http://forums.redfla...8/#post11959245

Man, I feel bad for those in Toronto with people like this in your area :cry:

Oh wow, and you can clearly see the FS price tags, meaning he probably price matched them for like 5 bucks...whatever happened to people who buy games to play them...

Funny replies to his thread though! :applause:
Posted Image

#45 hayabusa9016

hayabusa9016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Oh wow, and you can clearly see the FS price tags, meaning he probably price matched them for like 5 bucks...whatever happened to people who buy games to play them...

Funny replies to his thread though! :applause:

It's a small world...er, forum. Here he is gloating about what he hauled in. It's funny how even his RFD brethren are flaming him.

http://forums.redfla...99-a-969389/32/

#46 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

You know it's gotten to a point when you don't even have an interest in these 'clearance' type sales due to the abundance of hoarders around the GTA. Would've been nice to grab a few games, but by the time I put pants on and drive to the closest Sony Store, all the good stock is gonezo. Of course, if a fellow CAG snagged some extra's I would love to buy a copy of Star Ocean or WKC for a reasonable price, but alas, doesn't seem too many people here had much luck!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#47 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

You know it's gotten to a point when you don't even have an interest in these 'clearance' type sales due to the abundance of hoarders around the GTA. Would've been nice to grab a few games, but by the time I put pants on and drive to the closest Sony Store, all the good stock is gonezo. Of course, if a fellow CAG snagged some extra's I would love to buy a copy of Star Ocean or WKC for a reasonable price, but alas, doesn't seem too many people here had much luck!

You surf CAG with no pants on? I thought it was an urban myth.

Actually ejamer, Wii games are hoard-bait as well since they retain high TIV's. Just look at the FS list for the TV: all recent releases except for the Wii first-party games (Zelda is 4 years old!)

#48 ichit4k4_set0

ichit4k4_set0

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

^this
Posted Image

#49 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

If anyone in Vancouver wants Star Ocean, I have a sealed copy that I have no use for (and can't be bothered to return). I'll be willing to trade it for 2 qualifiers at FS for the PSP deal (>$9 TIV).

#50 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

I just pricematched this deal at a Best Buy in america, I printed out the 3 pages from the 1st post and showed them at checkout when purchasing:

Super Street Fighter IV-9.99
Dragon Age Origins-9.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2-9.99
Star Ocean the Last Hope-9.99
White Knight Chronicles-9.99

I had no issues the cashier was happy to price match for me, Thanks OP :D

#51 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

Yesterday I saw a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories/Vice City Stories (Ps2) for $4.99 at Yorkdale mall. If I didn't already own it, I would have snatched it up in an instant.
Posted Image

#52 SkankButta

SkankButta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

What State?

I should bring this with me when I go to the States and try it out.

I just pricematched this deal at a Best Buy in america, I printed out the 3 pages from the 1st post and showed them at checkout when purchasing:

Super Street Fighter IV-9.99
Dragon Age Origins-9.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2-9.99
Star Ocean the Last Hope-9.99
White Knight Chronicles-9.99

I had no issues the cashier was happy to price match for me, Thanks OP :D

#53 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:53 AM

It was in New Mexico but the print-out is too old now as it was dated for Nov. 25th.

Also me buying all those games at 9.99 shot up red flags at bestbuy, I don't think they will be taking print-out sell papers anytime soon.

#54 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

I was just at the Eaton Centre Sony Store.
:ps3:
GH:Aerosmith - $9.99
Rock Band Track Pack 2 - $9.99

:ps2:
SingStar Amp'd Bundle w/Mics $4.95

I picked up the SingStar and I'll probably go back tomorrow for the Aerosmith. I actually like Aerosmith and I liked that game on Wii. Might as well buy it again now.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#55 zoro69

zoro69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

If you want to gamble, leave the games there. Buy the gift card deal instead -$50 gc get a $50 off $100 coupon valid dec 26-jan 9. go back after Xmas and get twice as much.

#56 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

interesting. b/c I don't see GH:A going anywhere it gets a lot of hate for some reason. and I can take or leave RBTP2. I'll have to see if I have $50.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#57 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

so do they give this coupon to anyone who buys a gc or do i need a code or what?

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#58 zoro69

zoro69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Go to store, buy min $50 gc, get coupon. They have signage on the counter and staff are wearing a tag to that effect to. Only few hours left thought

The risk being, they might have sold a lot of them and have people waiting for them to open(been well discussed on rfdhoardervlle)

#59 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

hm.. well it would be a nice way to buy a GH band set but I'm not gonna worry too hard over it. if i can make it, i make it. If not then I'll probably use the money to get Pikmin from what's his face.

either way thanks for the heads up zoro

Edited by Wolfkin, 24 December 2010 - 09:27 PM.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler