#10444 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Have:

Saints Row The Third Franchise Pack Tradable on Steam

Want :

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection (Gamersgate Gift) It is $17.48 now ($14.84 with permanent IGN promo code)

Diablo 3 key (from Toys R Us)

fs_pc.png

#10445 mikespit1

mikespit1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

HAVE:
Humble Bundle 6 Bonus Code
Cortex Command x2
AirMech beta x2
FO New Vegas: Old World Blues

WANT:
Batman AA
FTL
PSN/XBL codes
Offers

#10446 Phased

Phased

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Want:
Bunch of Heroes x3
Shoot Many Robots x2
Magicka x3

Have:
Paypal

#10447 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

{H} Desura Keys: Battlegroup / Postal 2 / Garshasp: The Monster Slayer / Battlemass / Pitman / NEO Scavenger - $1 (for all Desura keys)

{H} Steam keys: King's Bounty: The Legend / Avencast: Rise of the Mage / Worms / Alien Breed 2 / World of Goo / X-blades - $2 (for all Steam keys)

{H} RIFT digital (x2) - $3.50/each

Edited by Fozbot, 10 October 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#10448 manyT

manyT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

All Tradeables

Universe at War: Earth Assault - $4.50
Sid Meier's Civilization® V - $6.50
Space Pirates and Zombies - $2.50
The Ship 2 Pack Gift - $2.50
Metro 2033 - $4.50
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II - $4.50

=======================================

Arcania + Gothic Pack - $9.99

========================================

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation Preorder - $12
Anno 2070 - $25
Alan Wake - $20
The Walking Dead - $18
MumboJumbo Collection - $43

#10449 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Icedragon15 marry Hulk Hogan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks provis

Edited by Drabelincoln, 11 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#10450 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

[H]
Alien Breed 2
ClockStone Studios Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Sol: Exodus

All 3 for any one of these:

[W]
$2
Swords & Soldiers HD
Dark Sector

#10451 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

H: paypal

want: borderlands 2 season pass (ru version, I bought the full game on direct2play which is an ru version and supposedly the only way I can get it to work is if I have the ru version of the seasons pass)

Pm me if interested. Thanks!

#10452 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Nothing to see here.

Edited by dbolt, 11 October 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#10453 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Steam Tradeable Gifts:
$18 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (1 copy left)
$25 Total War Mega-Pack (including TF2 items) (1 copy left)
$18 War of the Roses (1 copies left)

$38 Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Preorder (1 copies left)
$48 Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Digital Deluxe Edition Preorder (1 copies left)
:hot: $35 XCOM Enemy Unknown Preorder (including Civ 5 and TF2 items)(10 copies left)

Steam Keys:
$24 Dark Souls Prepare to Die (multiple copies left)
$25 Sleeping Dogs (multiple copies left)
$40 Transformers Fall of Cybertron (multiple copies left)

PM me if you're interested
All the listed games are steam tradeable, except the games under "Steam Keys"
All are region-free, english language games
I take Paypal only. I am NOT interested in trades.

I always see cheap steam games I want to buy from you, but I always wonder how you get these games so cheap and if they will cause a perma-ban on my steam account
8-) Head BrokeAss

#10454 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

He gets them from Ukraine, there's always the risk that Valve will ban your account for circumventing regional pricing, but in reality the person more likely to be banned is his supplier, and at worst you'll have the game removed from your account. FWIW, I don't know of anyone that's happened to, but the risk is there because technically you're breaking the TOS.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10455 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

He gets them from Ukraine, there's always the risk that Valve will ban your account for circumventing regional pricing, but in reality the person more likely to be banned is his supplier, and at worst you'll have the game removed from your account. FWIW, I don't know of anyone that's happened to, but the risk is there because technically you're breaking the TOS.

Actually nobody is breaking the TOS unless he is from a different region and is bypassing regional pricing with VPN/Other methods that does not include gifts. Even if somebody did that he will only get his account banned for trading/buying/activating keys but his game library will remain untouched and games he traded/sold will NOT be revoked

Steam only revokes games which are bought with stolen CC or after Paypal chargeback. Period

The only thing Steam does these days to prevent trading cheaper games bought from Ukraine or Russia, is to tag them or even tag + lock

fs_pc.png

#10456 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

WANT

Deus Ex Human Revolution (and DLC)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

PM me a price

#10457 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Regarding JakeNome's games. I dont think steam has any problem with someone trading games that were bought from another region. The only issue I can see is if the version he is trading is not in english like some RU versions. I'm not sure as well where he gets his games. I dont want to side-step steam and buy from other regions because I dont want to risk my account at all. But a gift is a gift, if anyone is punished it would be him as they can put bans on trading I think and other restrictions.

From steam trade faq. Like others have pointed out. I've always thought this was the rule for region trades.

Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory.

Anyways I bought a game from him and its been fine so far. If he wants to risk going around the region pricing, make a few bucks and save us a few as well I could care less. As long as he's not using stolen CCs its all fine with me. Unless it actually does break the TOS.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#10458 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

I always see cheap steam games I want to buy from you, but I always wonder how you get these games so cheap and if they will cause a perma-ban on my steam account

It's a front to cover up his human trafficking business he has going.

#10459 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

You can try claiming, "it was a gift and the money they sent was a gift too", but in the end, you hit agree on the EULA and they can terminate it for practically no reason. The fact that they're coming from Ukraine means that Steam is losing out on money from potential US region sales and they don't like that. I wouldn't say it's super risky, but to say it's not against TOS and risk free is incorrect.

To be fair, almost every bundle states you can't trade or sell the keys either so 90%+ of transactions in this thread break TOS or EULA.

I was talking about how the official Steam trading works, and since selling for money is not a thing Steam allows, controls or even can know about, it is a moot point. I meant that giving games to others via Trade Window or Gift option have no restrictions like V4oLDbOY mentioned

Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory

fs_pc.png

#10460 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

hmm, i wonder if steam is looking for an anti money laundering analyst

Say what? Who's doing laundry with Steam for money?

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#10461 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Have: Civ 5

Want: $5

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#10462 SlappyBag

SlappyBag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

Interested in Steam wallet/PayPal/other Steam gifts

PM me

#10463 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

LOL :applause:

#10464 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Anyone who has dealt extensively with cross-borders Steam games will tell you the same thing:

Games redeemed via cross-borders (Russian) keys may be revoked, but cross-borders games redeemed as gifts will not.

And that's really all there is to it. The biggest risk is all the VPN business; that can get you banned (although apparently just from buying/trading more games). Second biggest risk is redeeming Russian keys; that can get the game removed from your library. There is no risk in receiving a gifted, non-region-locked, cross-borders game.

tl;dr ... JakeNome is a-okay to buy from.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#10465 kesker

kesker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Have :

Supreme Commander 2 Steam Key
NFS Undercover Origin Key
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box Origin Key

Want:[Steam Only]

Star Wars: Knight of The Old Republic 2
Skyrim Dawnguard
MDK2 HD
Death Rally
Expendables 2
Painkiller Hell&Damnation
Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD

#10466 femalegaming

femalegaming

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Have :
1x Borderlands 2 (Steam) Not A Russian Key !!
1x Retro City Rampage

Want:
Xbox Stuff
Xbla , MSP , GoD Avatar Stuff Etc

#10467 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Anyone who has dealt extensively with cross-borders Steam games will tell you the same thing:

Games redeemed via cross-borders (Russian) keys may be revoked, but cross-borders games redeemed as gifts will not.

And that's really all there is to it. The biggest risk is all the VPN business; that can get you banned (although apparently just from buying/trading more games). Second biggest risk is redeeming Russian keys; that can get the game removed from your library. There is no risk in receiving a gifted, non-region-locked, cross-borders game.

tl;dr ... JakeNome is a-okay to buy from.

Like I said, even though it is against the TOS Steam almost never goes after the final buyer; the biggest risk is the supplier as some of the high volume CIS traders I've known have been targeted by Valve and had their purchasing rights suspended.

I'm not saying anything *will* happen, but Valve would be completely within their rights to take action. The risk is small enough that I'm comfortable purchasing out of region games from time to time but it's only fair to let people know of the small possibility of issues and let them decide on their own if the risk is worth it.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10468 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

I googled the regional pricing circumvention thing, and some users who have done it excessively have been warned about it by Valve. The lesson is basically this: buy a few things that way and you're okay. Don't make a habit of it though. If Valve notices a pattern they will give you a warning.

Makes perfect sense, if someone is doing it intentionally there would be a lot of evidence of such on their account, which gives them the grounds to call you out. But if it's only a couple of games, how would the average user actually know they're buying a Ukraine or Russian gift on a few occasions?

They're not going to be heavy handed about enforcing this. You're safe to buy a few games, so I suggest getting deep discounts on the big ones and calling it a day. And make sure you buy a lot of other games in between your RU/Ukraine/Whatever ones.

#10469 cobolatrix

cobolatrix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

That reminds me of a CAG that was doing Steam wallet to Paypal/Amazon laundry, because of restriction on the use of dollars in his country :lol:

#10470 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Sold

Edited by jrodri86, 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM.