Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19744 replies to this topic

#12421 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Would you say the same thing if I bought a Star Wars Collection and sold the new trilogy to another person for half the price I paid?

That's hardly the same thing at all. They offer a DRM-free version as well as a Steam key so that buyers have flexibility in how they want to play their games since there are quite a few people who hate any form of DRM including Steam, whereas others love Steam and prefer all of their games to be on Steam if possible. This isn't sold as a 2 pack to share with others

#12422 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Have
UBI Shop Nvidia Code for Assassins Creed 3

Want
Steam Far Cry 3

#12423 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

That's hardly the same thing at all. They offer a DRM-free version as well as a Steam key so that buyers have flexibility in how they want to play their games since there are quite a few people who hate any form of DRM including Steam, whereas others love Steam and prefer all of their games to be on Steam if possible. This isn't sold as a 2 pack to share with others

I understand that but nonetheless there are 2 copies in this bundle. When a person buys a product, it is theirs to keep or give away. That person can turn around and sell it for a $2 or give it away. Some people do not think FTL is worth $6 but are willing to pay $3. If I was a developer then I would be ok if 2 people got together and chose to pool their money to buy this bundle. That way I get less revenue than none at all.

In the end I would encourage everyone to buy this game at the asking price if they want it because I hear it truly is great and worth every penny. I would buy it if I did not spend a shitload of cash on Black Friday and my vacation.

#12424 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

I understand that but nonetheless there are 2 copies in this bundle. When a person buys a product, it is theirs to keep or give away. That person can turn around and sell it for a $2 or give it away. Some people do not think FTL is worth $6 but are willing to pay $3. If I was a developer then I would be ok if 2 people got together and chose to pool their money to buy this bundle. That way I get less revenue than none at all.

In the end I would encourage everyone to buy this game at the asking price if they want it because I hear it truly is great and worth every penny. I would buy it if I did not spend a shitload of cash on Black Friday and my vacation.

You're just trying to rationalize your actions - kataztrophik is right and you are wrong. This is the same reason why selling bundle Steam keys and keeping the DRM-free downloads is basically piracy.

#12425 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

You're just trying to rationalize your actions - kataztrophik is right and you are wrong. This is the same reason why selling bundle Steam keys and keeping the DRM-free downloads is basically piracy.

Well when you put it this way then obviously I am wrong. Ill just go Fuck myself. Thank you for helping me see the "way".

#12426 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

It's not a bundle, it is multiple options for the same game for use by ONE individual. The FTL site uses the Humble Store for their sales and they clearly state each purchase is for ONE individual (http://support.humbl...e-away-my-keys-). If people don't think FTL is worth $6 then they should wait until it is a price they want to pay.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#12427 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I understand that but nonetheless there are 2 copies in this bundle. When a person buys a product, it is theirs to keep or give away.

There is one thing available--a license to the game. You can access the game via a DRM-free download or via Steam. Yes, you can keep it or give it away, but you can't do both.

#12428 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well when you put it this way then obviously I am wrong. Ill just go Fuck myself. Thank you for helping me see the "way".

I did start writing a long list of reasons why, but I gave up about half-way and decided to keep it simple - see all the other posts why this is the wrong thing to do.

#12429 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

But selling bundle keys for games you already own is okay, even though you'll have access to the DRM-free versions? That's a screwed up sense of morality. You people shouldn't pretend to take the high ground on digital goods because half of the keys in here were exploited in one way or another, whether it was through the Ubisoft glitch only available to foreign countries, or taking advantage of a charity fundraiser by spending exactly the minimum.

Stop being so anal about Steam keys. You can't possibly police every single person here. You don't honestly know how anyone's keys were obtained except your own. For all you know, everyone here is selling Steam keys and keeping their DRM-free versions. He may have already received a PM concerning his request.

they clearly state each purchase is for ONE individual (http://support.humbl...e-away-my-keys-)

I guess we all have to develop an unrealistic sense of self-righteousness and close this thread, because every bundle says this in their TOS.

#12430 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

It's not a bundle, it is multiple options for the same game for use by ONE individual. The FTL site uses the Humble Store for their sales and they clearly state each purchase is for ONE individual (http://support.humbl...e-away-my-keys-). If people don't think FTL is worth $6 then they should wait until it is a price they want to pay.

See that is something I did not know. Now my position changes. I am glad your not like the other dude who can not formulate his own opinion.

Now if your advocating for these people to be punished in some way, how does that affect everyone else who trade/sell indie keys from humble and royal bundles? I was under the impression those were banned but still see some people offering those.

#12431 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

See that is something I did not know. Now my position changes. I am glad your not like the other dude who can not formulate his own opinion.

Now if your advocating for these people to be punished in some way, how does that affect everyone else who trade/sell indie keys from humble and royal bundles? I was under the impression those were banned but still see some people offering those.

I am not advocating for people to be "punished". What I would like to see happen is not allowing public discussion of buying a copy of the game with the explicit intent to give one person a Steam key and the other person uses the DRM-free version. Obviously things like this will always happen, but I don't think the site should be a haven for publicly coordinating these sort of things.

I guess we all have to develop an unrealistic sense of self-righteousness and close this thread, because every bundle says this in their TOS.

You seem like a delightful person. I personally agree that the individual keys should not be sold but that is not the point here. The point is people are explicitly (do I need to make that bigger text like you seem to favor or are you ok reading and comprehending it as-is?) discussing specific plans to split the cost of ONE game meant for ONE person.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#12432 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Piracy can be really tricky to tackle, with a lot of grey area situations. For example, a lot of DRM-free downloads can be downloaded and installed as many times on as many different machines as you wish. Where is the line? You could sell access to your DRM-free download at $1 per link and profit off a game, at the expense of the developers. Regardless of your personal view on what's acceptable and what's not, blatant attempts at piracy really shouldn't be discussed openly on this public forum, that is built around getting people deals. If you want to participate in game piracy and the like, there are numerous other forums and websites that encourage such behavior.

#12433 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Calling someone wrong because you do not agree with their moral choice or point-of-view is kind of backwards with the point of having an opinion in the first place. If you do not like what the user is doing, then don't join in on his offer. Otherwise, why not leave the moderating to the moderators and stop using your own opinions as fact and moderation.

Well, I think you're wrong too! *

*and that's just my opinion! :D

#12434 pseudonem

pseudonem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Take your discussion to pm's or another thread. I want to buy some cheap games!

It'll be interesting to see if this (or any!) online roll playing game can dethrone Ultima Online. I also hear that Blizzard's working on something but I can't see that doing any better for them then Diablo has.

fs_overall.png

#12435 pseudonem

pseudonem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Take your discussion to pms or another thread. I just want to shop for cheap steam games.

It'll be interesting to see if this (or any!) online roll playing game can dethrone Ultima Online. I also hear that Blizzard's working on something but I can't see that doing any better for them then Diablo has.

fs_overall.png

#12436 dianazilla

dianazilla

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

2x Torchlight 2 giftables for trade.

Want:
Dark Souls
Paypal

#12437 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Have:
DotA 2

Want:
Any Steam tradeable game

#12438 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Have Indie Gala 10 beat the average bundles for $1.90 paypal only. Send me a PM if interested. (Omegalodon, Majesty 2, East India Company, Lead And Gold, Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition, Knights of Honor, Hearts Of Iron II, Elven Legacy, The Kings' Crusade, Commander: Conquest Of The Americas and Praetorians)

Tradeable Steam Games:

Starvoid ($0.80)
The Ship ($0.80)

Gamersgate Giftable Games:
Assassin's Creed Complete Collection ($20) http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle
Company of Heroes Gold + Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor ($5)

Steam Keys:
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 x1 copy left ($4) or $7 for both Episode 1 + 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 x1 copy left ($4) or $7 for both Episode 1 + 2
Starvoid Steam CDKey ($0.80)
Supreme Commander 2 x2 copies left ($1.25)

I prefer paypal.

#12439 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Have:

Killing Floor (Steam Key) - $3.25 (1 Left)

Will take Paypal or Amazon GC.

Will consider trades.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12440 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

[Have]

Alice: Madness Returns (Gamersgate gift) - $4
Titan Quest (Steam key)

[Want]
Paypal
Amazon GC

or Offers

PM me

#12441 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Have:

Paypal
Amazon GC

Want:

Gamestop Steam Wallet Codes ($50 and $20)

fs_pc.png

#12442 taylynne

taylynne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

[H]

Steam Keys
Xotic + All the dlc
X-Blades
KungFu Strike
A.R.E.S.
Plain Sight
Faerie Solitaire
Revenge of the Titans
Some Sanctum DLC (killing floor, penetrator, etc)
Sonic CD (x2)
Supreme Commander 2
Majesty 2 Complete
Majesty 1 HD
Splice
Swords & Soldiers HD
Zen Bound 2
Madballs in Babo + some dlc
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Titan Quest
Red Faction Armageddon Path to the War DLC

Steam Gifts
Dota 2
Nation Red
Don't Starve

PayPal
Amazon GC

[W]

Warlock master of arcane
Miasima
PayPal

Edited by taylynne, 08 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.
removed games I no longer have/below average thq bundle added a game

#12443 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Looking for Spec Ops: The Line! Help a brother out!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12444 keigetsu

keigetsu

Doesn't Like Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

H:
Just Cause 2
Supreme Commander 2
Torchlight Steam Gift

W:
Steam Wishlist #1
Steam Wishlist #2
Steam gift/key offers

Not selling, looking for other Steam games

Edited by keigetsu, 08 December 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#12445 EvilInside

EvilInside

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

[H] Dota 2

[W] Offer

#12446 MethodManFTW

MethodManFTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Anyone have a Steam key of Dawnguard for sale?

PM me if so! Thanks!

#12447 Mantiskilla007

Mantiskilla007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Have
Endless Space (Steam Key)

Want
$10 Paypal

#12448 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Have:
Absolutely Great Square Pack $12
Humble THQ Bundle (Only for trade)*
Titan Quest Steam Key
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key

Want:
Amazon GC
*Will trade for another Humble Bundle or Indie Bundle (with steam keys).

#12449 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

I have some Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 steam keys. These include Nuketown 2025.

I am asking $45

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#12450 SlappyBag

SlappyBag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Posted Image

PM me to offer on something.