Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the official CAG Steam group buy and trading thread!

The Steam deal thread
The Steam game discussion thread

Remember, if we have a CAG Steam Group for a game that you're buying, please join the group! The list of CAG Steam groups is found in the Steam discussion thread.

1/7/12 - The Gamersgate ban is partially lifted. You're only able to trade it if you've already revealed the key and are able to give it to the other person to redeem immediately. No gifting.

12/29/12 - Until further notice, the Gamersgate Bethesda/Borderlands 2 bundles are not allowed to be traded. When the whole situation gets cleared up, this may change. Thanks.

Group Buy Tips:

• One person must volunteer to host a group buy. He or she announces this and asks for other people to join the group buy.
  • Once a group buy is filled, the host needs to edit his or her posts to reflect that the group is no longer open.
  • The people who join a host's group buy will PayPal their portion of the gift pack fee to the host.
  • PayPal will charge the host fees for receiving payments unless the person sending payment selects the Gift option when he/she is sending payment. Use discretion when choosing to gift funds. You will not have buyer protection if the host fails to provide the game to you. Still, if the host has positive trade feedback, it's probably safe to trust that person.
  • After the transaction is complete (the host has received payment and the buyer has received the game), both the buyer and host should leave trade feedback for each other. Do this by clicking on the host's CAG username. From the host's profile, click on Feedback and then submit new feedback.
  • If you have trouble finding a group buy with open slots, consider hosting a group yourself.
  • If you already own a game in a gift pack, you may not be able to host a group buy. Steam doesn't allow it with traditional 4-packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still looking for a L4D2.

Edit: I may end up being interested in a Chaos Rising, too. I'm about to leave the house for a few hours, though, and may not be able to immediately respond.

Should we still try and create specific threads for games or do all of the group buys from in here?

[quote name='SideSwiped']Yes[/QUOTE]

I actually just saw that that the 8 pack is only for Chaos Rising...so I unfortunately might have to pass for now.

Don't forget to post prices if you've bought a pack and are looking for people to join.

[quote name='JP']Should we still try and create specific threads for games or do all of the group buys from in here?[/QUOTE]

I think just doing them in here will clutter the forums less.

[quote name='eastx']I think just doing them in here will clutter the forums less.[/QUOTE]
Crap. Guess this means I should start on cleaning out my PM box. I hope to host Osmos, Braid, and probably AvP and Splinter Cell depending upon prices so I'm going to need the space without devoted thread to each. Oh well, not like it's something I didn't need to do, just didn't want to do right now.

[quote name='Joph']do we have a group buy for warhammer?[/QUOTE]

I was trying to start one, but didn't have the permissions to post in the correct thread in the trade forum? I'm willing to buy, if I can get enough 6 others. PM me if interested. If a mod can move my thread, I'd be happy to edit it to include the proper information. Thanks!

I'm in for a Puzzle Quest 2 buy as well... I fear they are all gone however and I'll just have to wait patiently for the last day when they put up the Puzzle Quest 2 Fat Pack again...

Cause that'll happen right?

[quote name='djfp']I was trying to start one, but didn't have the permissions to post in the correct thread in the trade forum? I'm willing to buy, if I can get enough 6 others. PM me if interested. If a mod can move my thread, I'd be happy to edit it to include the proper information. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You can start a group right here. We're consolidating to just this thread now. Simply buy the pack, announce that you're hosting, and update your post when the group fills.

I currently have the following CAG's down for a Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising group:
1) djfp
2) SideSwiped
3) caedeskhan
4) Vigilance
5) rhewes
6) bill123
7) dancrane212

Still looking for an eighth, but am pulling the trigger, and will PM everyone.

[quote name='djfp']I currently have the following CAG's down for a Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising group:
1) djfp
2) SideSwiped
3) caedeskhan
4) Vigilance
5) rhewes
6) bill123
7) dancrane212

Still looking for an eighth, but am pulling the trigger, and will PM everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the last one.

[quote name='Unaki']Cool, wouldn't mind going in on someone's Freedom Force group[/QUOTE]

I could do a Freedom Force for 75 cents if there are enough others.

I'm gonna try to start an Empire War 6 pack. It comes out to $59.99 so $10 each. You can either pay me with $10 gift or pay the fees and send $10.61. Who's in? I want to do this tonight.

1. Josh5890
2. cheapfrag
3. dblchin01
4. chiguy79

P.S- When it goes live, I'm gonna start a Just Cause 2 8-pack when it goes live. Let me know if you want in.

[quote name='vherub']in for another chaos rising share if someone starts it[/QUOTE]
same

I hate to be that guy who wants in, but won't start it himself, but I just worked black friday at Best Buy....i'm in lazy-mode the rest of the day after that circus :/

Anyways, PM me if anyone is making another!

Count me in please!
[quote name='Josh5890']I'm gonna try to start an Empire War 6 pack. It comes out to $59.99 so $10 each. You can either pay me with $10 gift or pay the fees and send $10.61. Who's in? I want to do this tonight.

P.S- When it goes live, I'm gonna start a Just Cause 2 8-pack when it goes live. Let me know if you want in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wildcat1080']same

I hate to be that guy who wants in, but won't start it himself, but I just worked black friday at Best Buy....i'm in lazy-mode the rest of the day after that circus :/

Anyways, PM me if anyone is making another![/QUOTE]

Hah, there are like almost enough of us here in this thread who want chaos rising but won't or are otherwise unable to (currently on cruddy netbook at in-laws) to fill out a 6-pack, let alone host one :p

What the heck. I'll start a Chaos Rising 8-pack. $39.99 for 8 so $5 each. Gift me $5 paypal or thorw an extra $.30 for fees.

1. Josh5890
2. Wildcat1080
3. vherub
4. GoingIncognito
5. DukeEdwardI
6. Dallascowboys
7. BinaryTB

Need 4 more!!!

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Hah, there are like almost enough of us here in this thread who want chaos rising but won't or are otherwise unable to (currently on cruddy netbook at in-laws) to fill out a 6-pack, let alone host one :p[/QUOTE]

You want in :)

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm gonna try to start an Empire War 6 pack. It comes out to $59.99 so $10 each. You can either pay me with $10 gift or pay the fees and send $10.61. Who's in? I want to do this tonight.

P.S- When it goes live, I'm gonna start a Just Cause 2 8-pack when it goes live. Let me know if you want in.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for a Just Cause 2 8-pack. :D

[quote name='Josh5890']What the heck. I'll start a Chaos Rising 8-pack.
(...)
Need 4 more!!![/QUOTE]
I'd be in too, if you'd take an other $5 game instead of money. So count me in only if your group won't be full or interested in game-trade. Thx.

[quote name='Rolle']I'd be in too, if you'd take an other $5 game instead of money. So count me in only if your group won't be full or interested in game-trade. Thx.[/QUOTE]

This may sound convoluted, but I was looking to get L4D2, but missed the entire deal. I believe they were $5 yesterday. If you have an extra L4D2 slot, I might be interested in paying for your $5 Chaos Rising in trade if the host isn't interested in any trades himself.

[quote name='Rolle']I'd be in too, if you'd take an other $5 game instead of money. So count me in only if your group won't be full or interested in game-trade. Thx.[/QUOTE]

There is one spot left. What game do you have to trade?

It's about to be dinner time for me, so I will be out of contact for an hour or two. Don't give up my spot! If I hang around on this netbook for much longer, though, getting in on deals for games will be the least of my worries...trust me.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']It's about to be dinner time for me, so I will be out of contact for an hour or two. Don't give up my spot! If I hang around on this netbook for much longer, though, getting in on deals for games will be the least of my worries...trust me.[/QUOTE]

If you are on my lists you are safe. Almost organized...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back