Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $20 - Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 vicory_hell

vicory_hell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

Anybody knows if this is in store price as well?

#32 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

I liked this game. It's fun.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#33 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

Eh, I thought it was a competent sequel to NG:B. NG:B is technically superior and more balanced in almost every way, but I find NG2's combat more fun and adrenaline fueled. NGB is a defensive based game and NG2 is offense based, but I love them both.

#34 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

I was annoyed at all the ranged attacks enemies have, but I still enjoyed it. Online is a lot of fun.

I personall prefer DMC to NG though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#35 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

Anyone know if the Gamestop-exclusive Special Edition had a price drop as well? It would only be available in-stores.

#36 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

On one hand, I really am glad we get to play another NG. On the other, after NGS2, who knows what he's going to do. I mean, NG2 was a great game despite its flaws...especially when you learned the ins and outs. It just boggles my mind how you can take a good game with flaws and make a bad game by completely revamping it.

Plus with the picture of Ryu apparently taking off his mask, I'll be pissed if he brings in several characters for the limelight. I hated the girls chapters because I was forced to play them.

What about you?

Yes the girls do throw the pace of the game off quite a bit, just like Sigma 1. I think they will be better off in their own game instead of merrying them into Gaiden.

#37 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:30 AM

Hmm. I've heard this 1000 times already.

First off, they removed the blood to fix the frame rate? I see. So chapter 11 (NGS2 chapter 14) where you had 15-20 IS ninjas swarming you without a chug in framerate versus NGS2 where it was literally a barren wasteland save for a few dogs (the worst enemy type in NGS2/2). You never had more than 4 ninjas on screen at a time because it would have chugged. And that stair fight was epic with that slow framerate, made it like a slow-mo massacre, lol.

If you think it's superior, more power to ya, but most people that actually appreciated NG at all despise NGS2.

Please tell me, if you beat MNM, that you mastered i-frames..because those "cheap" sections you refer to, I can probably beat without using any items whatsoever. Don't believe me? Watch my upload.

Yep. True NG fans know the hard in NG2 is much more satisfying than the hard in NGS2. I hated the 5 izuna drops required to kill one spider ninjas in master ninja difficulty. Also, I take off screen projectile spamming any day than 1 hit kill.

#38 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

100% agreed with this.

You can't be agreeing with this since you use Itagaki as your avatar. :lol:

#39 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

It's been a long time since I played NGS but I thought NGS2 was just slightly better which made a little disappointing overall since you'd expect a much bigger improvement.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#40 Karkian

Karkian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

Got mine at Kmart yesterday for the same price. As for which version is better, Sigma 2 has more boobs and therefore wins by default :D