ilomilo Out 1/5/10 - 800 MS Pts - Get Early Access and buy it now

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
GFTH-Ilomilo-500x200.jpg

Southend Interactive is happy to announce that ilomilo (ilomilo.com) is one of the up-coming titles for “Games for the Holidays”, a line-up of three Xbox LIVE Arcade games coming this holiday season. As a part of this trio, ilomilo will be released on January 5th 2011, at the price of 800 MS points.

In ilomilo, the two friends ilo and milo always seem to get separated from each other and it’s your task to help them reunite! It’s a world of cubes out there, where up is down and down is up. Some cubes are friendly and can be picked up, while others are more rebellious and walk about on their own accord. The two friends need to find ways to cooperate to be able to finally unite again!
You can also play ilomilo together with a special someone in cooperative mode. Cozy up on your couch with your friend, girlfriend, mom or someone else that you like and help guide each other through the puzzles! The journey of ilomilo will take you through four unique and twisted worlds filled with strange animals and cube-creatures.

Features
• Singleplayer Story taking you through 4 different environments in the world of ilomilo
• Cooperative Gameplay mode for two players, controlling one character each!
• Unlockable Raskulls and Keflings costumes for ilo and milo
• Two cool Avatar awards, including ilo and milo toys!
• Famous cameo characters from other games are hidden in the world for players to find
• Online Leaderboards: Compare online who has completed the levels in the cleverest way
• Unlockable mini game: Play the ingenious retro 2D mini game “ilomilo shuffle” with its own competitive leaderboard

The featured Games for the Holidays are ilomilo, A World of Keflings and Raskulls. All three games will feature their own unique cross title functionality, meaning if you’ve earned an achievement in more than one of these other games, you get a little extra something in each of the games! In ilomilo, you will be able to unlock awesome Raskulls and Keflings costumes for ilo and milo.

spring.gif

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKL6-0Jg3MI&feature=player_embedded

Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXD89y5LNyo&feature=related

How to get early access to the ilomilo Demo (where you can purchase it now for 800 MSpts)

1. Visit http://wp7supersecretaccess.ilomilo.com/
2. Follow instructions, that includes entering captcha
3. Get Code

cute-dance.gif
dance-reverse.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The art style in this game is adorable and the puzzle mechanics in the trial, while simple, were fun and I finished the demo and considered buying it. I'll try co op tonight and if co op is fun too, I think this game might be worth the 800 MSP.

Hadn't heard anything about this game at all yet so I was surprised!

I played it last night and had a lot of fun with it. Im gonna pick up the full version later today (After I get so MS points)

If I had to describe this game to someone, I'd say it was a combination of tinker and little big planet. Either way, I really liked it and plan on picking it up.

Just curious, why don't they have the demo available through xbox live? Why do we have to get codes?

[quote name='mitnosi']Just curious, why don't they have the demo available through xbox live? Why do we have to get codes?[/QUOTE]

The game isn't "officially" released yet. This is a little promo you are directed to through the WP7 version of the game. I guess they didn't think people would spread the word so that everyone could try it...

Strange way to release a game (yes, I know this isn't an official release). Glad I found it though. Bought it as soon as I finished the demo.

I haven't tried the demo yet, but after watching the video i'm less interested. This strikes me as a 99 cent game on iOS, and one that I'd likely get to a point where it got annoyingly trial and error frustrating. I can't get into Chu Chu Rocket for that reason. It's a puzzle for a while, but then turns into just trying stuff over and over until something works. Probably I'm just bad at these types of "puzzles", though. :) I will check out the demo anyway, but with tempered expectations.

I got this game for free on my WP7 and my son got me several achievements. Told him it was coming for XBLA and he was like WHEN??!!!! Saw the Joystiq post and went and purchased the full version. Very quite and fun. Worth the 800 points.

[quote name='Conboy']I got this game for free on my WP7 and my son got me several achievements. Told him it was coming for XBLA and he was like WHEN??!!!! Saw the Joystiq post and went and purchased the full version. Very quite and fun. Worth the 800 points.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you have a WP7 phone from AT&T, but ilomilo was free to AT&T customers and there was a link on the game screen to get the free demo before even the Joystiq article.

I was hoping Microsoft would have given WP7 users who are also Xbox Live users a free copy of the xbox game as well.

I ended up picking up the full game. I like this kind of puzzle game. I especially like that there isn't a timer. I hate the stress a timer puts on me for things like this. I prefer to just slowly figure things out. I only played the trial so far. I'll go into the full game and find a timer. :)

I bought it last night. I just could not resist it, especially because it's probably 5 dollars less now than it will be in January when it's planned release is. It's a lot of fun, and a great buy at 800 MSP.

So far my only problem has been spending 30 minutes figuring a level out, getting called away, and coming back to find my mom turned off my xbox, lol. (it was in the lining room, btw).

Not sure. I know I'm one level away from finishing the first chapter, though I unlocked chapter 2 yesterday. Other than the one level, I've also got one record I need to go get that I couldn't figure out how tog et to the first time through.

Does anyone know, should the letter/picture be done by the end of the first chapter?

I get to a level in the first chapter and I go to pick up a block and it freezes the whole Xbox. It sucks, I hope this issue gets resolved soon! Damnit MS Studios, you're game is adorable as fuck, but its broken.

Still love it.

Bought it after playing the demo; really like the art style/music, and though it's sort of sad (because titles are so expensive now), I felt I should support them for releasing a game at 800 points instead of the usual 1200.

I couldn't use my avatar award shirt though, but I assumed it's because the game isn't actually out now. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='Obiwan456']Not sure. I know I'm one level away from finishing the first chapter, though I unlocked chapter 2 yesterday. Other than the one level, I've also got one record I need to go get that I couldn't figure out how tog et to the first time through.

Does anyone know, should the letter/picture be done by the end of the first chapter?[/QUOTE]

Re: that record, was it the one that is facing perpendicular to you when you step on a plunger button? The level with multiple extending cubes? I couldn't figure that one out either.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Re: that record, was it the one that is facing perpendicular to you when you step on a plunger button? The level with multiple extending cubes? I couldn't figure that one out either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think so. I remember I was able to walk up to it, but because I wasn't on the same plane as it, I just passed through it.

I played through the demo last night. I love the style, but the game is exactly what it appears to be in the videos. If you like this type of game you'll like it. I enjoyed the demo pretty much, but I know the game is going to get frustratingly trial-and-error-heavy later on. I may still pick it up at some point, but not until it goes on sale for 400.

Well I guess I should dress up the OP a bit. I will try and get that done soon

Okay... got the 90's webpage vibe going in the OP. I"ll add a couple gameplay vids and call it a day

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my avatar awards to work. I'm using the ilomilo props because they're pretty adorable and better than the free giftbox I had been using.

Just bought this game last night and I'm having a blast with it. Well worth the $10 (800 pts)

I cannot get this to work, i went to the site, got the code, more than once now.. and input the code it states the code has already been used. am i to late? or am i just getting bunk codes? :cry:

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I cannot get this to work, i went to the site, got the code, more than once now.. and input the code it states the code has already been used. am i to late? or am i just getting bunk codes? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Had this happen with the first code I got. Tried again and that code then worked.

bread's done
Back