• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#451 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

no borderlands goty is dlc codes to dl from xbox live or psn no second disc

Ah. That's different but that means this purchase is all the more justified.

#452 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

The Rune Factory games for $10 each is pretty good. Highly recommended if you're a fan of Harvest Moon/hack and slash dungeon crawlers.

#453 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

no borderlands goty is dlc codes to dl from xbox live or psn no second disc

Wow, thanks for the heads up. After all that trouble, I cancelled my Amazon order.

Not interested in DLC, unless it's free. GOTY costs more than the original version, so I'll go find a deal on the original.

#454 Nfamous209

Nfamous209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

Was the Borderlands GOTY for PC 19.99 or was that an error?

#455 estat

estat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Wow, thanks for the heads up. After all that trouble, I cancelled my Amazon order.

Not interested in DLC, unless it's free. GOTY costs more than the original version, so I'll go find a deal on the original.

It is free, but you have to download it and it will be assigned to your gamertag/console. I dont see what the big deal is. They're just trying to prevent people from renting the game and yoinking the content off a disc like the oblivion goty. With that, you could also just download and transfer it to your 360 HDD because it wasnt signed.

I dont think all the content would fit on a single disc, and having to disc swap would suck.

#456 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

$10 isn't a lot of money but I really want Brutal Legend for less than that.

#457 appleyum

appleyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hmm I was able to get Cooking Mama as a free shipping filler for $7.99 without Crafting Mama :hot:

#458 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

I missed the GS deal of Borderland GOTY, but actualy I dod not "missed" it at all. I was able to get it from Amazon, with $10 off of Xbox 12 gold live and free shipping. Much better deal.

#459 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

Amazing been waiting for Harvest Moon Animal Parade to drop in price.

#460 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

Are there any free shipping codes that are valid for GS right now? Trying to save $3 here.
Posted Image

#461 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

SAVER should still work on orders over $25.

#462 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

so after all that bullshit, i wake up and just ordered it from amazon.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#463 Nfamous209

Nfamous209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Cheapy is that PC Borderlands GOTY 19.99 a misprint or am I missing a code or something?

#464 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

so after all that bullshit, i wake up and just ordered it from amazon.

Same here. Borderlands GOTY was already sold out on GS. Already locked it in at amazon, so I pay nothing for all the DLC for Borderlands. :bouncy:

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#465 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

I was sad when I woke up last night at 2:00 to check the Amazon lightning deals and Borderlands was sold out on Gamestop.com but I was very happy this morning when I woke up and saw Amazon had price matched it.

TheVila.png

#466 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

Cheapy is that PC Borderlands GOTY 19.99 a misprint or am I missing a code or something?

I'm betting it's a misprint since it says $10 off the regular price and the regular price for the PC version of the GOTY is $49.99. So technically the "sale" price of $39.99 is correct. GS absolutely botched this one.

#467 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

hey Cheapy, i hope you tell your GS representative where to shove it.

I've learned a valuable lesson over the past 12 hours - just wait for Amazon.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#468 Comet7777

Comet7777

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Bummer about the Street Fighter IV fighting stick being PS3 only. I keep missing out on the 360 deals for that :p

#469 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

hey Cheapy, i hope you tell your GS representative where to shove it.

I've learned a valuable lesson over the past 12 hours - just wait for Amazon.

You're very ungrateful :) Without GS's $29.99 Boaderland GotY price, Amazon probably will not have it either. The 2nd part, I agree. Either way, for those of us have to pay taxes, GS is better because you can get the game right away from B&M stores.

I don't know, I'm just grateful that there are good deals around. Amazon is not all that almighty.

#470 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

You're very ungrateful :) Without GS's $29.99 Boaderland GotY price, Amazon probably will not have it either. The 2nd part, I agree. Either way, for those of us have to pay taxes, GS is better because you can get the game right away from B&M stores.

I don't know, I'm just grateful that there are good deals around. Amazon is not all that almighty.

Excellent point. I wholly agree, AZ PMs a lot of stuff that are good deals but they wouldn't be lowering the prices in the first place if someone else hadn't done it first.

Just to play devil's advocate a little: Would Gamestop have had the deal in the first place if they were not trying to get business from Amazon?

Chicken or the egg noodle scratcher for ya. Enjoy.

#471 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

I've got prime so i don't worry too much about instant gratification.

Amazon seems to price match everything eventually. Has the best customer service in the world. (The only complaints I hear about them are from absolute dumb fucks who don't understand that prices fluctuate.) And everything shows up in 1-2 days in tip top shape or they send me a new one.

I don't give a shit if they have deals is because they're pricematching or their pricing head is on crack. All that matters is they do. Last night was a lot of horseshit from gamestop. 12.... 1.... 2 am... make up your fucking minds and put a game on sale when you say it's gonna be on sale. Amazon fixed their issue on some game (think it was NFS?) in like 10 mins. Gamestop took 2 hours.

Even if I had to pay tax, I'd still buy it from amazon over gamestop, all other things being equal.

Ees7Y.jpg

#472 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Question. Can I purchase Borderlands GOTY, use the voucher, and use the DLC with the regular version of the game?

I only ask because I aready have the regular version and would be trading in the GOTY version after using the voucher.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#473 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Wow, somebody woke up from the wrong side of the bed this morning :lol:

Amazon's customer service for most part is great, but sometimes you get stupid answers... I just shot down for asking to combine Borderland GotY edition to another order (I have done that in the past and no problems). Now, either they stopped adjusting/placing orders over e-mails, phones, mails etc or I got a lame ass answer.

We're unable to take orders via mail, e-mail, chat, phone, or fax. Please visit Amazon.com to place your order.

We're only able to take phone orders for some product lines and if the option is available, you’ll find a "Call Me" button on the item detail page to connect you to our phone sales team.

#474 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

Awesome! Looks like I'll be canceling my order at Gamestop and ordering from Amazon. Yeah Gamestop go and shove it.

#475 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

Amazon's customer service for most part is great, but sometimes you get stupid answers... I just shot down for asking to combine Borderland GotY edition to another order (I have done that in the past and no problems). Now, either they stopped adjusting/placing orders over e-mails, phones, mails etc or I got a lame ass answer.

That's cause the stupid fuckers from gamestop kept me up till around 2 when i was expecting to be in bed by 12:05.

you can't combine orders a lot of the time because they ship from so many warehouses. If they happen to be in the same warehouse, then they will combine it. That's all that is.

Ees7Y.jpg

#476 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

Still milking an ECA code? :applause:

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#477 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

Gamestop is a load of horseshit.

Only stupid people and moms shop there anymore.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#478 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

what's so exclusive about the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition GameStop Exclusive? seems like the same thing that was sold @ amazon and other retailers.

#479 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

I may cancel my GameStop order just so I don't have to pay tax. Wish I woulda thought of that ahead of time

#480 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Still milking an ECA code? :applause:

Yes, why not? That order has grown into a monster... You know how much I spend on that order? Amazon should be proud :lol:

Anyway, it's a hit or miss, I never had problems combining orders, but it looks like good things come to an eventual end.