GameStop Cyber Monday Sale - Bioshock 2 LE (360) $30 (PC) $20 - Full List in OP

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#31 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

lol i can't wait for gamestop to go out of business i know i won't miss them.

You don't want competition to go out of business. Ever. You can hate them all you want but if you left it up to Best Buy, Walmart, TRU, Target, and Kmart then you would slowly stop seeing some real gem games that are not mainstream enough for those big boys to carry. Seriously, people can complain all they want but there is a video game sales eco system that needs some sort of balance.

#32 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

You don't want competition to go out of business. Ever. You can hate them all you want but if you left it up to Best Buy, Walmart, TRU, Target, and Kmart then you would slowly stop seeing some real gem games that are not mainstream enough for those big boys to carry. Seriously, people can complain all they want but there is a video game sales eco system that needs some sort of balance.

And I know the response will be "I don't care, I gotz Amazon." But if Amazon becomes the only place to get certain games, enjoy lightning deals of $5 off. I don't shop much as GS, but they still can be a benefit to smart consumers.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#33 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

damn, are you kidding me? so I need the original disc from Borderlands to play GOTY? Or do the codes come on a voucher slip? This doesn't make sense

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#34 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

The game included is the original and it brings a voucher slip for one time use DLC code. It does suck, wish it was like RE5 Gold Edition! everything in the disk for the PS3, codes for Xbox360.

#35 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

This.

There are so many games BB doesn't carry b/c of space that gamestop has used for a decent price.

I'd rather have 10 different stores to choose a few of which normally have a good deals running at any given time e rather than two stores that rarely have worthwhile deals.

#36 SkyBird

SkyBird

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

The game included is the original and it brings a voucher slip for one time use DLC code. It does suck, wish it was like RE5 Gold Edition! everything in the disk for the PS3, codes for Xbox360.

I hate that. When they do that, whenever you start up the game, it has to spend time "loading" the extra content. I don't know why everyone doesn't do what Bioware did with the ultimate edition of Dragon age. All the content was on disc (although for the 360 that means 2 discs)

#37 shaneatlh

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

Did everyone forget the name of this thread? Bioshock 2 LE for $30. It is actually $50
X360 http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=76475
PS3 http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=76476
I got more Bank than Hillary Banks and Tyra Banks at a bank on Gulfbank.:)

#38 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

Did everyone forget the name of this thread? Bioshock 2 LE for $30. It is actually $50

It's not Monday yet

#39 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

I think you forgot the whole "monday" thing in the thread title.

#40 XtremEffect07

XtremEffect07

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Anyone know if there is a deal for Castlevania or Dead Rising 2?

#41 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

Blockbuster is going out of business and id sooner take them then gamestop they actually have deals on some used games.

I'm actually surprised gamestop isn't more in the same boat as blockbuster as their a specialty shop carrying one kind of item and 99% of the time full MSRP
and the worst deal on used games and trade ins.

needler420.png

#42 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

I'm hoping just because they show the picture of the PS3 version of Borderlands GOTY for $30 its for both consoles...

They don't specify in the email for any of the 3 games that are in that section but they show alternating consoles starting with Red Dead Redemption for the 360 then Borderlands GOTY for PS3 and finally Bioshock 2 LE for 360...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#43 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

What the hell is the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition Gamestop Exclusive??????? They want $20 more for it, but I don't see wat the difference is. Can anyone help me?
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#44 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Blockbuster is going out of business and id sooner take them then gamestop they actually have deals on some used games.

I'm actually surprised gamestop isn't more in the same boat as blockbuster as their a specialty shop carrying one kind of item and 99% of the time full MSRP

Never underestimate the power of convenience. Blockbuster failed because Netflix was more convenient. Most people will use Gamestop because they can buy/sell/trade/whatever all at one store.
Posted Image

#45 shaneatlh

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Gamestop is like the Walmart of videogames except their prices suck. I would bet a huge percentage of gamers buy most of their games from gamestop. That is why they keep posting record profits and probably will not go out of business anytime soon.
I got more Bank than Hillary Banks and Tyra Banks at a bank on Gulfbank.:)

#46 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

What the hell is the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition Gamestop Exclusive??????? They want $20 more for it, but I don't see wat the difference is. Can anyone help me?

I am not sure what you're asking. As far as I know, this is the same LE that was available at every other retailer, but for $29.99 Monday.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#47 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

I am not sure what you're asking. As far as I know, this is the same LE that was available at every other retailer, but for $29.99 Monday.

If you look at the page, there are the regular LE's for $49.99. Then, below, there are the Gamestop Exclusive LE's for $69.99. What's the difference between the two?
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#48 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

If you look at the page, there are the regular LE's for $49.99. Then, below, there are the Gamestop Exclusive LE's for $69.99. What's the difference between the two?

Hmm. I have no clue. I was just following the link in the email. I can't tell any difference in the listing for the "Gamestop Exclusive" either. I don't remember them having anything exclusive other than free MP codes if you preordered.

#49 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

gamestop is like the walmart of videogames except their prices suck.

lol

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#50 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Full list is now in the first post.

#51 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

You gotta love the clueless people on this site that are calling the sale lame, because they don't realize the prices are not live, yet. The same thing happens when we get the link to the Game Days Sale early, too, and everyone flips out, because all the games are still MSRP. I don't know about anyone else, but Borderlands GOTY and BioShock 2 LE for $30 each alone is enough to make this sale interesting to me, especially considering I have GS credit. Anyone who was expecting some kind of epic sale from GS is apparently not very familiar with them, at all.

And I know the response will be "I don't care, I gotz Amazon." But if Amazon becomes the only place to get certain games, enjoy lightning deals of $5 off. I don't shop much as GS, but they still can be a benefit to smart consumers.

This.

There are so many games BB doesn't carry b/c of space that gamestop has used for a decent price.

I'd rather have 10 different stores to choose a few of which normally have a good deals running at any given time e rather than two stores that rarely have worthwhile deals.

Wow, voices of reason. Anyone who wants GS to go out of business is simply not thinking or not a good CAG. That's the bottom line. As a smart shopper, you want there to be as many places dealing in games as possible. These are the same people who constantly say they want everything to go digital, once again so GS goes out of business. Yeah, real smart, guys. Go take your ignorance to GameFAQs or something. Blind hatred for GS is not considered "cool" around these parts. We're a little too involved with actually saving money.

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 28 November 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#52 Infinity1911

Infinity1911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Terrible sale Gamestop IMO. You can do better than that.

#53 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

I'll be buying Borderlands GOTY with my $10 off coupon from a while back. Couple that with saver and I'll have the game for $19.99 + tax.

#54 Demon Soul

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

Anybody know if Borderlands GOTY PC has DRM or install limits?

#55 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

How the hell is the regular editon of Bioshock 2 a sale? The 360 and the PS3 versions are currently at 19.99 already.

#56 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

I just saw Bioshock 2 LE at my local Wal-Mart for 49.99 last night. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on it, Gonna get it from Gamestop tonight!

#57 UJam

UJam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

Anyone know the active time zone for these Cyber Monday deals? I don't want to be left high and dry if these go active 12AM PDT.

#58 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Nice prices on Rune Factory DS games but I own Frontier on the Wii so don't know if it's worth it to get them.

#59 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

I'll probably bite on the Borderlands GOTY or both Rune Factory DS games. I have to use up my $10 coupon somehow.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#60 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

Anyone know the active time zone for these Cyber Monday deals? I don't want to be left high and dry if these go active 12AM PDT.

Good question.