GameStop Cyber Monday Sale - Bioshock 2 LE (360) $30 (PC) $20 - Full List in OP

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#61 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

I have a $20 coupon from SMG2 that makes boarderlands look very appealing...

#62 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

I see conflicting replies in this thread already about Borderlands GOTY content being a DLC or on the disc for PS3. Googled and found this:

Here's the email I received from Gearbox:

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for writing us with your question. The Borderlands Game of the Year edition includes download tokens for the DLC add-ons; the add-on content is not present on the disc. You will need to connect to PSN to download the additional content. Please ensure when purchasing the GOTY edition that the game disc region matches the PSN Store region your PS3 connects to so that you are able to download the correct compatible region DLC.

Thanks again for writing, and for your interest in Borderlands!

Regards,
Gearbox Software Support

Issue:
>
> Game: Borderlands
> Platform: PS3
> Mode: Singleplayer
> Issue type: Other
> Quick question about the Borderlands GOTY edition. Will the PS3 version come with the DLC already on the blu-ray? If so, it's a day-one purchase for me. If it's just lame vouchers for downloading, it's unfortunately a day-never purchase. :( Can you confirm? Thank you.
> ------

360 AND PS3 both come with redemption codes for extra maps! :(

#63 beerrun

beerrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

Anyone know the active time zone for these Cyber Monday deals? I don't want to be left high and dry if these go active 12AM PDT.

The email says 12:01AM EST.

#64 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

If it's just lame vouchers for downloading, it's unfortunately a day-never purchase.

Bahahahahaha!

ach.png

#65 griffey95

griffey95

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

unfortunately that is the way that Gearbox made the GOTY Edition. Weird since the add on pack is on disc.

#66 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

I'm actually surprised gamestop isn't more in the same boat as blockbuster as their a specialty shop carrying one kind of item and 99% of the time full MSRP
and the worst deal on used games and trade ins.

Gamestop is somewhat like a 'Cult' once you get into going you know how evil and ruthless they are, the people there are usually jerks and the trade-in payouts are measly crumbs yet people can't get out of their spell and not go back, When will the madness end? Doubtful

#67 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Would have jumped on the Bioshock 2 LE if was the PS3 version.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#68 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

Gamestop should just rename itself to Junkstop and be done with it.

#69 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Guys call it Borderlands GOTY or Bioshock 2 LE? I'm only picking up 1,backlog is huge, and I havent played either...I know I know...=[

ach.png

#70 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Yep, Gamestop didn't give you the deal the you wanted, so they suck, offer no good deals, and should just die.
On the other hand Borderlands GOTY, Rune Factory Game for DS, Transformers for Wii and Bioshock 2 LE for 360 are all good deals. Wow, that even covers all of the biggest systems. You guys are ridiculous.

#71 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

GameStop.com (NYSE: GME - News)

• Free shipping for orders over $25

• Get a $25 gift card if you order Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk: Ride for Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii, or The Bourne Conspiracy for Xbox 360.

• Save $15 to $30 on select EA titles, like Dead Space: Extraction, MySims Agents, Spore Hero, Need for Speed: Nitro, EA Sports Active and EA Sports Active: More Workouts for Wii; or The Sims 3 and The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack for PC.

• Take 50% off 50 select download titles.

http://finance.yahoo...ls?mod=oneclick

#72 Licasguy

Licasguy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Personally I am in for Bioshock LE, Borderlands GOTY, and Rune Factory 2. Oh yeah, an the three crayola art studios for PC as well, for the lil one. So this works for me.

#73 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

OK, so now I'm lost, it says the regular price is 59.99 and its 10 off...so what's really going on?

#74 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

It's not monday yet broski...

ach.png

#75 blackMamba1187

blackMamba1187

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

http://finance.yahoo...ls?mod=oneclick

Too bad Bourne is OOS online

Playing: SM3DW (wiiU); LoZ:ALBW(3ds); ACIV (ps4); Knack (ps4);  Cook, Serve, Delicious (ipad), ACIV comp.app (ipad)

#76 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

What Street Fighter stick is that for $29.99 and can you guys recommend it to someone who will be playing fighters ocassionally?

#77 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Guys call it Borderlands GOTY or Bioshock 2 LE? I'm only picking up 1,backlog is huge, and I havent played either...I know I know...=[

Borderlands GOTY. I promise you it'll last you longer than Bioshock 2. More fun too in my opinion.

#78 Chimpanzebra

Chimpanzebra

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

So I'm thinking about buying either the Sharkoon SP for $50 or the Sharkoon Digital 5.1 headphones for $130. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth the $80 upgrade to get the 5.1?

#79 zpoor17

zpoor17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

Does anyone think that Gamestop will have any of these deals in store as well?

#80 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

I love how morons are complaining about the dlc voucher not being disc.

Ohh I can't share it with my friends.
Thats how companies maintain sales.
They dont get much money from your 60$

Ohh what if psn/ xbox live shuts down? Then Im out of luck!

Dude, your OUT OF LUCK either way. Who the hell wants to buy YOUR borderlands GOTY on disc for a console that's online service is GONE.

Ohhhh, I can't install more than 5 times.
If you NEED to install more than 5 times. Thats your own fault and your a flippin idiot for losing, destroying your console 5 TIMES. YLOD? more than 4 times? God hates you. New gamertag? Don't get your booty banned the FIRST TIME.

People dont complain about games like LIMBO being download only.

Bunch of cheap @$$ pirates.

Can't resell the dlc? Same thing with steam and every other download.
Plus gamestop gives you PENNIES for it.

Ebay? Yeah but not for much.

PLUS ITS BORDERLANDS!
BEST LOOT N SHOOT OUT THERE!

Also, tell your cheap @$$ friend to go buy the d*** game himself. Instead of being a friggin CHEAP @$$, HE CAN GO BUY THE DANG GAME HIMSELF WITH HIS OWN MONEY! WHY NOT? YOU HAD TO DO IT.

:roll:

#81 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Terrible sale Gamestop IMO. You can do better than that.

Thanks for the chuckle. :applause:

#82 Xenogears

Xenogears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

These deals are decent. Better than most cyber monday deals i've seen so far. hate on gamestop when they actually deserve it, otherwise it comes across as kind of petty and lame

#83 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

I love how morons are complaining about the dlc voucher not being disc.

Ohh I can't share it with my friends.
Thats how companies maintain sales.
They dont get much money from your 60$

Ohh what if psn/ xbox live shuts down? Then Im out of luck!

Dude, your OUT OF LUCK either way. Who the hell wants to buy YOUR borderlands GOTY on disc for a console that's online service is GONE.

Ohhhh, I can't install more than 5 times.
If you NEED to install more than 5 times. Thats your own fault and your a flippin idiot for losing, destroying your console 5 TIMES. YLOD? more than 4 times? God hates you. New gamertag? Don't get your booty banned the FIRST TIME.

People dont complain about games like LIMBO being download only.

Bunch of cheap @$$ pirates.

Can't resell the dlc? Same thing with steam and every other download.
Plus gamestop gives you PENNIES for it.

Ebay? Yeah but not for much.

PLUS ITS BORDERLANDS!
BEST LOOT N SHOOT OUT THERE!

Also, tell your cheap @$$ friend to go buy the d*** game himself. Instead of being a friggin CHEAP @$$, HE CAN GO BUY THE DANG GAME HIMSELF WITH HIS OWN MONEY! WHY NOT? YOU HAD TO DO IT.

Not everyone who prefers the add-on content on the disc is a pirate. I prefer it on the disc because I don't want it to take up hard drive space. I didn't buy regular Fallout 3 and won't buy New Vegas for the same reason. If I know there is a high likelihood of there being a GoTY edition with the DLC included (I assume on the disc) then I wait for that version to surface. Fallout 3's DLC takes up almost a whole gig of space and Borderland's is nearly 3GB! That's a ton of space that can easily be saved for other things that can only be downloaded.

So I would appreciate it if you would chill a bit and take into consideration that there are some people that simply don't want dlc that they could have on disc be downloaded instead.

As a side note I will be ordering this version of Borderlands since obviously there will be no on-disc dlc version forthcoming and I might as well take advantage of the great deal.

#84 nyj1218

nyj1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Lame, shit sale. For kids.. for a spouse? How about for an asshole? That's what you must be to purchase these games.

^lmao!!

but seriously this sale is awful.

#85 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

hmm gonna have to check this out
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#86 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

I don't know if I can pass on Borderlands GOTY. Looks like Gamestop came thru with some deals after all.

#87 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

PC Bioshock 2 CE $19.99?!!! :hot::drool::bouncy:

#88 JoeSaru

JoeSaru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

PC Bioshock 2 CE $19.99?!!! :hot::drool::bouncy:

I'll probably pick up the PC version just for the extras.

#89 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

This starts at 12:01AM EASTERN TIME for those who are interested. Got this from my email.

Posted Image

#90 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

Weird...the countdown timer says 3 hours & 10 mins left.

Does that mean the items are revealed then or the sale starts earlier? Seems confusing even though it says offers start @ 12:01 AM EST.