The Sly Collection (PS3) - $29.99 shipped at Amazon

oh sorry about that. Was just browsing through games on my list and noticed that one dropped in price. Still on the fence on whether I should get it now or not. Damn backlog...

There's so many deals going on this week it's tough to keep track of every single one of them. ;)

[quote name='ssjmichael']oh sorry about that. Was just browsing through games on my list and noticed that one dropped in price. Still on the fence on whether I should get it now or not. Damn backlog...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait this collection out. It paid off with the GoW Collection this BF. Now if this were the ICO collection I'd be a different story.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I'm going to wait this collection out. It paid off with the GoW Collection this BF. Now if this were the ICO collection I'd be a different story.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Sly will be $20 or less a few months after Xmas.

[quote name='Thrinn']Thanks, but it's been covered in the Amazon Cyber Monday thread.[/QUOTE]

I think this is worth its own thread.

I bit on it at $30 but I agree that it will likely be cheaper later.

[quote name='Thrinn']There's so many deals going on this week it's tough to keep track of every single one of them. ;)
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Thats true I didnt see this until now. Im gonna jump on this thanks op.

[quote name='drock']I agree. Sly will be $20 or less a few months after Xmas.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. I watched the GOW collection for an entire year waiting for it to hit $20 without luck. I was pleasantly surprised to see it finally go on sale this past week for $10.

[quote name='schultzed']I think this is worth its own thread.[/QUOTE]I can't disagree with that. This seems like a really solid collection of games.

I dont think the sly collection is selling that great...i forsee MANY opportunities to get it at 20-30 in the near future...I'm holding off. Especially since I dont have any amazon credit at the moment

How were you able to cancel your meijer order? I couldn't find the option. I picked it up from amazon. It was cheaper for me since I got charged tax from meijer and we know those are just getting canceled anyway.

[quote name='jacobeid']How were you able to cancel your meijer order? I couldn't find the option. I picked it up from amazon. It was cheaper for me since I got charged tax from meijer and we know those are just getting canceled anyway.[/QUOTE]

Call 1-877-363-4537. Tell them you want to cancel a web order. They will ask for your order number. (WEB#######)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Three "solid" games! Solid?!? You should be smacked! Sly series is godly not solid![/QUOTE]

LOL. So true, especially the first two. Severely over-looked PS2 series!

[quote name='AwRy108']LOL. So true, especially the first two. Severely over-looked PS2 series![/QUOTE]

I don't think this series was that overlooked. All three games reached Greatest Hits status and were mass produced. Not as popular as Ratchet and Clank but still well-known. Awesome games, but I'm not about to spend $30 again on games I've already bought before. Definitely going to wait for it to drop further.

I have nothing to add really, I bought this using the Kmart deal the other day. I only just last week or so even realized this collection was available and bought it instantly. I loved the first two game so much, and I never got the chance to finally try the 3rd game. I am very happy I get to play that one soon. :)

[quote name='Downhome']I have nothing to add really, I bought this using the Kmart deal the other day. I only just last week or so even realized this collection was available and bought it instantly. I loved the first two game so much, and I never got the chance to finally try the 3rd game. I am very happy I get to play that one soon. :)[/QUOTE]

Expect a great game, but temper your expectations since Sly 2 is probably the pinnacle of the series. I think Sly 2 honestly stands head and shoulders above the other two games by quite a bit, best humor/cast, amazing gameplay and great level design.

For those who say the price will drop on this, duh.. the price drops on all games eventually. I picked this up for 40$, and 30$ is a crime for the quality and quantity of game play. Honestly, waiting for this game to fail in sales to get it cheaper will discourage the release of later collections by Sony (Onimusha and Jak collections still need to be made). I understand wanting to get the best value possible, but at 10$ a game and having it to play during the holiday season is a bargain.. This title deserves as much support as the consumer can give it..

picked one up. finished the first 2 on PS2, but never finished the 3rd one. Plus the trophies and move support are a bonus. It's like paying 10 bucks per game...well worth it.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Which is better, this or Infamous?[/QUOTE]

Quality wise id say Sly 1 and Infamous are pretty on part but Sly 2 and 3 are better.

Ordered this through Amazon yesterday than late last night it showed up in my quick picks for a little less after it was already in processing damn you amazon!:bomb:

[quote name='ssjmichael']so get one already![/QUOTE]

Definitely! The Ico and Shadow of Colussus Collection are coming too, and they're worth every cent!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Quality wise id say Sly 1 and Infamous are pretty on part but Sly 2 and 3 are better.[/QUOTE]
Good deal at $30. I prefer Infamous over Sly though. But they are completely different style of game.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']It's stuff like this and God of War collection that make me want a PS3...[/QUOTE]

Sly Copper 1, 2, and 3, and God of War 1 and 2 are the reasons why you want a PS3?

If only there was a system that could play those games for much cheaper than a PS3. Unfortunately, I can't think of any such system.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Sly Copper 1, 2, and 3, and God of War 1 and 2 are the reasons why you want a PS3?

If only there was a system that could play those games for much cheaper than a PS3. Unfortunately, I can't think of any such system.[/QUOTE]

Did the thought ever occur to you that he wants them in HD? The differences are pretty damn huge. If I didn't play them on the PS2 and own a PS3 already, they'd be 2 of the many games I'd want a PS3 for.

I had $38 Amazon credit. This was a no-brainer and I've been looking for a game I can play with my 4-year old nephew, this was just perfect.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Did the thought ever occur to you that he wants them in HD? The differences are pretty damn huge. If I didn't play them on the PS2 and own a PS3 already, they'd be 2 of the many games I'd want a PS3 for.[/QUOTE]

and get 3 plat trophies for playing them.. and the higher framerate.. and having them on a bluray disk that doesnt scratch.. playing the games in 3d.. and the additional games thrown in with it... yadda yadda..

[quote name='fyrflash1969']and get 3 plat trophies for playing them.. and the higher framerate.. and having them on a bluray disk that doesnt scratch.. playing the games in 3d.. and the additional games thrown in with it... yadda yadda..[/QUOTE]

Yep all great reasons, I am getting the Prince of Persia: SoT Trilogy imported for those reasons (minus the 3D) and I am super pumped for team ICO collection in the spring.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Yep all great reasons, I am getting the Prince of Persia: SoT Trilogy imported for those reasons (minus the 3D) and I am super pumped for team ICO collection in the spring.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see the POP Trilogy be made available for $19.99 for PS Plus subscribers at some point. Of course each edition will have to come out for $14.99 first, and probably the obligatory sale of $9.99 for each individually. I just can't see myself paying more than $20 for them collectively though.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'd love to see the POP Trilogy be made available for $19.99 for PS Plus subscribers at some point. Of course each edition will have to come out for $14.99 first, and probably the obligatory sale of $9.99 for each individually. I just can't see myself paying more than $20 for them collectively though.[/QUOTE]

Well with a share group it would be $9 total for the whole trilogy :)

bread's done
Back