Just Dance 2 Wii $19.99 & Michael Jackson Wii $24.99 @ TRU (Glitch)

zizo79

CAGiversary!
Hey Guys,
I just got this from SD (thanks to justmeagain):
It appears that there is a glitch at the TRU website that let you get Just Dance 2 for $19.99 and Michael Jackson for $24.99.
You can only buy at a time to get the discount. It also appears that the in-store pick up is not available yet.
The shipping kills the deal a bit but you still get the games at half price.
If you have reward card you get 10% back !

[quote name='zizo79']Hey Guys,
I just got this from SD (thanks to justmeagain):
It appears that there is a glitch at the TRU website that let you get Just Dance 2 for $19.99 and Michael Jackson for $24.99.
You can only buy at a time to get the discount. It also appears that the in-store pick up is not available yet.
The shipping kills the deal a bit but you still get the games at half price.
If you have reward card you get 10% back ![/QUOTE]

oops sorry zizo--didn't see that you posted this here--i guess i made repost then my bad.
know how i can erase it??

edit- closed it already.

I find much of Just Dance 2's track listing horrible, but for $20 (thanks to the ShopRunner trial) I might bite.

Edit- Well, it's not letting me use my ShopRunner thing. So it's still $20 + $5 shipping + tax... almost $27.. not as decent. I'll pass, since I'm not even really interested. Oh well.

This is a great deal but I'm probably going to wait for Michael Jackson The Experience for Kinect.

This deal is great for those with just a Wii though.

Most Wii games are 50% off if you put Michael Jackson 2nd, got Kirby's Epic Yarn and MJ for $50 + tax in store pickup.

It looks like the servers are down for store pick up. (Meaning doesnt matter what zipcode youre in, it wont let you choose a store to do a pick up for anything right now.)

As far as MJ Experience goes, shipping is $4.98 and tax is around $2.50 which brings this to roughly $32. Still better than $50+ Tax.

Would love to pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns for $32 lol but I bet once the servers go back online for store pickup, this glitch will be fixed. (I would order it and have it shipped to me at home but it is currently out of stock for shipping, as well as is Kirbys Epic Yarn.)

Still a good deal at $32 for MJ:Experience, which would normally be like $54 after tax new.

Just Dance 2 would probably be like $27 after tax and shipping which is better than $42 after tax.

Good find OP, especially if you want either of these games, or can get the store pickup function to work lol.

Working for me now with store pickup (though only one location out of 5 allows it for some reason). I just wish they had Epic Mickey or DKCR available for store pickup.

If someone had told the me of 10 years ago, who was rather into DDR, that in 10 years, the most popular dancing games wouldn't even track your leg movements (and yes, I know that ParaParaParadise was the pioneer here), then I would have thought that was rather silly. Even sillier than I now think DDR is.

Just thought I'd update this thread. If you add ANY Wii game (Black Ops, for example) to your cart and THEN add Michael Jackson: The Experience for Wii to your cart, BOTH games will be 50% off. So each game comes out to $25 + shipping. Take advantage of it while you can. I got Black Opsi + MJ for $60 total after shipping and tax. Not a bad deal, especially since I can take MJ back.

Well, I just placed an order for MJ and Goldeneye. If this works, I will be quite pleased, and I'll just sell the MJ game. Nearly-free Goldeneye? fuck yes. Thanks.

I also tried to do this with Epic Mickey Collector's Edition, but it didn't discount the game. Pity. I want that, but if it's not the Collector's Edition, I'll just hold out. Everything else I want (DONKEY KONG COUNTRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY) is out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rhl']Just thought I'd update this thread. If you add ANY Wii game (Black Ops, for example) to your cart and THEN add Michael Jackson: The Experience for Wii to your cart, BOTH games will be 50% off. So each game comes out to $25 + shipping. Take advantage of it while you can. I got Black Opsi + MJ for $60 total after shipping and tax. Not a bad deal, especially since I can take MJ back.[/QUOTE]

Seems to only work with black ops and MJ.... tried a few other combinations with no luck. Good deal though!

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Seems to only work with black ops and MJ.... tried a few other combinations with no luck. Good deal though![/QUOTE]

It's a crapshoot, but it definitely DOES work with some games. I've tested a bunch of random games, can confirm that it IS still working with Goldeneye, Flingsmash, Rock Band 3; DJ Hero 2 (game only), New Super Mario Bros Wii, Smash Bros Brawl, and Metroid: Other M, but it DIDN'T work with Fragile Dreams, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, ExciteBots, or Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's a crapshoot, but it definitely DOES work with some games. I've tested a bunch of random games, can confirm that it IS still working with Goldeneye, Flingsmash, Rock Band 3; DJ Hero 2 (game only), and Metroid: Other M, but it DIDN'T work with Fragile Dreams, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, ExciteBots, or Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.[/QUOTE]

Also tried a few of the games you mentioned and got it to work. GE, RB3, DJ Hero2.

Wouldn't work with EA Sports Active 2 and NFL Training is out of stock so the system won't even let me add it to the cart for store pickup to check.

Wish this would work on Harry Potter, but oh well. Did this 2 times, both with Flingsmash. Upgrade my controls and get a couple of games, probably to sell off. Not bad.

Question - is FlingSmash any good? Was thinking about bundling it with the Michael Jackson game figuring $25 for a Nintendo-branded WiimotePlus is a good deal... If not, I suppose I can trade it in to GameStop or PlayNTrade...

[quote name='kak23']This is a great deal but I'm probably going to wait for Michael Jackson The Experience for Kinect.

This deal is great for those with just a Wii though.[/QUOTE]

The only thing going for the Kinect is dance games where it tracks your entire body vs a stick in your hand.

bread's done
Back