• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

Now we know why the original XBL was shut down. :lol:

#32 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Not gonna lie, I'd probably buy it; I loved Halo 1 and it would be great if they added online multiplayer but kept it the same; they don't need to add any guns or make any changes. Fucking O.G. Magnum would be the tits.

Though someone mentioned earlier in this thread them just making it single player and adding an ODST-style Reach multiplayer disc; if they did this I'd not only be pissed because it's a missed opportunity to make the ultimate Halo 1, but because it would likely include the entire Reach map catalog (and probably some exclusive map nonsense) when I've already wasted money on the maps.

#33 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

day one buy for me without hesitation..well maybe a little b/c I'd know one day it would be on sale :D
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#34 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

Definitely a day one purchase for me, if it happens.

#35 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

I wouldn't doubt something like this is in the works. Will I buy it? Not for $60.

Posted Image

#36 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

it would be great if they added online multiplayer but kept it the same; they don't need to add any guns or make any changes.

updated halo 1 multi would make me cream, and not the lag infested pc online kind.

as long as halo reaches hit boxes DON'T appear then it can be awesomes

if anything i mean anything from custom edition appears in the in the remake, i will rage in excitement

#37 jez360

jez360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

Surely the Reach engine belongs to Bungie though? I would've thought it belonged to them since it was made AFTER they became independent? Obviously that has very little impact on the rumour as I'm sure a remake would still be great. My only concern is that they're going to annualise Halo, which I used to admire as a franchise that valued customer support over money.

#38 5of9

5of9

Resistance is Futile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

Loved Halo but i wouldn't jump unless it was 40$ or under.

Posted Image

#39 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

I'd buy it in a minute as long as they made the multiplayer online. Other than that keep everything else the exact same.

#40 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

Bungie or someone needs to just make three map packs, one each for Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3. I would buy all three.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#41 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

I want to be excited...but I just know they're going to Fuck it up if this rumor comes true somehow.

All I literally want is H1 and H2 with new netcode so I can play them on XBL. Seriously. That's all. No new graphics, no nothing. I want the same exact games that I dumped literally hundreds of hours into as I remember them

#42 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

It would be cool if it was Halo 1's multiplayer with some of the modes and maybe a best of assortment of maps from the other games. That way it would still be Halo and not Halo 2 and so on, but it would offer something new.

#43 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

Surely the Reach engine belongs to Bungie though? I would've thought it belonged to them since it was made AFTER they became independent? Obviously that has very little impact on the rumour as I'm sure a remake would still be great. My only concern is that they're going to annualise Halo, which I used to admire as a franchise that valued customer support over money.

Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft treated it as a contracted job and retain the rights to the developed game assets and engine.
Posted Image

#44 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

Not gonna lie, I'd probably buy it; I loved Halo 1 and it would be great if they added online multiplayer but kept it the same; they don't need to add any guns or make any changes. Fucking O.G. Magnum would be the tits.

Though someone mentioned earlier in this thread them just making it single player and adding an ODST-style Reach multiplayer disc; if they did this I'd not only be pissed because it's a missed opportunity to make the ultimate Halo 1, but because it would likely include the entire Reach map catalog (and probably some exclusive map nonsense) when I've already wasted money on the maps.

It would be cool if this "ODST-style Reach multiplayer disc" just had all the maps from Halo 1 & 2 revamped for Reach. Either way, it looks like they may screw over the people who paid premium for their map packs again.
Posted Image

#45 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

already got my pre-order in @ GameSlut for the Legendary Edition.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#46 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Either way, it looks like they may screw over the people who paid premium for their map packs again.

Unless you have never once played on any of the map packs you bought, explain how you would get screwed.

#47 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

He's saying for the people who adopted the Reach DLC early it would be a bad deal, seeing as they would be getting nothing new from and ODST-style content disk.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#48 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

I get that, but those that paid for the DLC are currently getting their money's worth by playing it from now until this mythological date. One is hardly getting screwed in that scenario.

#49 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

I'm guessing that if this is true they wouldn't even do a multiplayer component. It might come with a Reach multiplayer disc the way ODST came with the Halo 3 multiplayer disc, just so they can justify a $60 price.

If this rumor is true, this makes the most sense. Especially if there are multiple Reach map packs by then.
Posted Image

#50 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

Best case scenario is Halo PC ported into the Reach Engine with a completely new netcode to support Live. Ideally cross platform between 360 and PC.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#51 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Or it'll come kinect compatible and charge 40$ for it.

#52 Kaelestis

Kaelestis

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

ODST style Reach multiplayer disc set would be terrible. Reach sucks dick, it should stay as far away from Halo 1 as possible. The only reason I would want Halo 1 updated to HD is if it's going to include online multiplayer. I can play through Halo 1 campaign all day on my original disc. I don't need HD graphics to do that.
dv8

#53 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...bat-evolved-hd/

"Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise."

Formerly known as slickkill77

#54 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Very interesting to hear more about this, although being remade by the team who made TimeShift is a big minus.
I'd pick it up, but not at $60, which I'm guessing is what MS would release it at. H:CE/H2 for $60 I would do, but not just H:CE. Including online multiplayer is a must, also.

#55 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Awesome.

#56 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Very interesting to hear more about this, although being remade by the team who made TimeShift is a big minus.
I'd pick it up, but not at $60, which I'm guessing is what MS would release it at. H:CE/H2 for $60 I would do, but not just H:CE. Including online multiplayer is a must, also.

Ditto. Halo 1/2 redone in HD with all the maps Live multiplayer and online co-op? Sold. Just Halo:CE? Better not be $60.

#57 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Wait... Timeshift crew? Uh... ok.

#58 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Will buy day 1. Don't even care if they charge $60 for it. Hopefully Halo 2 is next :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#59 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

They're going to Fuck it up. Just watch. Unless it's basically the same exact game just with updated graphics (which I don't believe is possible) it's going to be completely different from what we played 10 years ago.

#60 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

They're going to Fuck it up. Just watch.

$59.99

There, it is done. Full price for a remake? No thanks.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image