Gears of War 2 Game of the Year Edition $20

Ohhh, real nice deal I think. Gears 2 has been holding its value well, but if there are still people online playing it after X-Mas (there should be plenty), this is a very good deal indeed.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Overrated[/QUOTE]

LMAO not at all. Anyways, this is a great deal because the 19 bonus MP map packs that you will get are so totally worth it which cost $10 alone. I manged to pick the regular version and the map packs for pretty much this price but I guess this saves you the hassle.

[quote name='jnest']Awesome thanks! Been wanting this.[/QUOTE]

Percisely the reason I didn't think twice at buying it...I was going to buy it for $30 but as soon as I saw the price change I just hit the buy button lol.

Did I do this right? This is the first deal I posted.

Thanks EarthKing! You did it right in my book.
To get free shipping, i paired this with a warehouse deals copy of Brutal Legend for $6 since i missed out on the $7 deal earlier today.

Damn! I have been waiting for this to drop for months, now that it has I can't afford, blew too much on Black Friday already.

You have no idea how many times I have checked the price of this on Amazon, hoping that one day this would drop to $20. (In retrospect, I probably should have set up cag's price alert thing.) Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! Awesome job on your first deal post.

I've been looking for a deal on this too. I actually kind of forgot about it. In for one!

Darn you CAG. (and darn you Amazon!)I've been good about not spending too much... Ah well.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ohhh, real nice deal I think. Gears 2 has been holding its value well, but if there are still people online playing it after X-Mas (there should be plenty), this is a very good deal indeed.[/QUOTE]It's still in the top 15 played games on live I think. That's a number that already includes Black Ops on the chart.

I rented this game around the time it came out. Horde is a blast but the multiplayer is a broken piece of crap. The only games that don't lag to shit are the ones where you host, and hosting a game on GOW is pretty hard to go about if you don't have a lag switch or a horrible connection (it seems like it gives the person with the worst connection host).

[quote name='Survivalism']OK you can't just tell someone their opinion is wrong.[/QUOTE]

I can. But in this case, he's right. Gears of War 2 is overrated, but that's not to say the game isn't great. Horde mode alone is worth the purchase.

[quote name='TheRobReport']I rented this game around the time it came out. Horde is a blast but the multiplayer is a broken piece of crap. The only games that don't lag to shit are the ones where you host, and hosting a game on GOW is pretty hard to go about if you don't have a lag switch or a horrible connection (it seems like it gives the person with the worst connection host).[/QUOTE]Doubt it. I have 1.5 DSL and NEVER have gotten host.

[quote name='Survivalism']OK you can't just tell someone their opinion is wrong.[/QUOTE]

You can when the opinion is borderline retarded.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Is the dlc on the disk or is it a token?[/QUOTE]

^ also curious, guessing token...

[quote name='z3razerviper']Is the dlc on the disk or is it a token?[/QUOTE]

You get 2 token cards.

One unlocks 5 remastered maps from gears 1 and a 48 hour xbox live code

The other unlocks all 19 maps+and extended mission for single player and a 48 hour xbox live tocken.

[quote name='Pollox']You have no idea how many times I have checked the price of this on Amazon, hoping that one day this would drop to $20. (In retrospect, I probably should have set up cag's price alert thing.) Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
^THIS^

Another $19.99 to Amazon, lol and I haven't even played the first one yet :whistle2:(

[quote name='EarthKing']You get 2 token cards.

One unlocks 5 remastered maps from gears 1 and a 48 hour xbox live code

The other unlocks all 19 maps+and extended mission for single player and a 48 hour xbox live tocken.[/QUOTE]

That sucks i prefer to get the dlc on a disk.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']GREAT game! I never cared for the multiplayer, but the coop is AWESOME! Highly recommended at this price![/QUOTE]

This.

not right now. i'd just wait for the eventual this will be part of buy 2 get one free from amazon to build up my 360 collection again.

[quote name='jdawgg76']It's still in the top 15 played games on live I think. That's a number that already includes Black Ops on the chart.[/QUOTE]

110% worth it then.

lol it is 18.99 today. Not that a dollar is a really big difference but it is pretty funny.

[quote name='lukejskywalker']GOW2 GOTY is also at Target for $20. Price cut.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's $20 in Gamestop's latest flyer/e-mail, listed as a price drop.

[quote name='EarthKing']

This is my first deal post on this site...Did I do it right? lol[/QUOTE]
Fantastic find and even labeled well
This is a better site because of your contribution

Good job grabbing peoples' attention with this, but it is a new price drop across several (if not all) retailers.

Tempting price, but I have yet to play Gears 1. I'll be passing for the time being.

What do you guys think the likelihood is of Platinum Hits release with all the downloadable content on the disc? Similar to what they did with the first Gears of War. I would hate to jump on this and then that happens. Thank you.

[quote name='DealHunter']What do you guys think the likelihood is of Platinum Hits release with all the downloadable content on the disc? Similar to what they did with the first Gears of War. I would hate to jump on this and then that happens. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance, the GOTY version has been out for, what? A year already.

[quote name='DealHunter']What do you guys think the likelihood is of Platinum Hits release with all the downloadable content on the disc? Similar to what they did with the first Gears of War. I would hate to jump on this and then that happens. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WTFer']Not a chance, the GOTY version has been out for, what? A year already.[/QUOTE]What other DLC is there? Doesn't the GOTY have ALL of the DLC?

Anyway, for those buying in there's a CAG thread in the 360 section and a bunch of CAGs who are wanting to party up with other CAGs, especially during XP events of which there should be some leading up to Christmas. There was an event last year and there usually is around holidays.

Me and a friend just ordered 2 copies from amazon with next day delivery xD and they have the platinum hits label on them. lol

how good is the single player?

I enjoyed Gears 1 campaign when it first came out, was this much of an improvement?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Doubt it. I have 1.5 DSL and NEVER have gotten host.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right. With all the people who own lag switches and play this game you could probably play on 56k and not get host.

[quote name='Blackshear']how good is the single player?

I enjoyed Gears 1 campaign when it first came out, was this much of an improvement?[/QUOTE]

its incredible. coop is awesome. the multiplayer or competetive modes are pathetic and terrible. its not fun whatsoever. shotguns are still overpowered. at least horde mode brings the coop fun to multiplayer.

bread's done
Back