CAGcast #221: We Love Robot Butlers

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:37 AM

More Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit & Assassin's Creed Brotherhood talk, Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom, Pinball FX 2, big Black Friday sellers, the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 81 minutes, 49MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Download last week's Live show here.

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture - Robutler

-

Edited by CheapyD, 02 December 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#2 NihongoHiatou

NihongoHiatou

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

New cagcast yay! This will give me something to listen to on the way to school

#3 MattJ1991

MattJ1991

Cheap Ass Matthew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for making me spit my Dr Pepper all over my keyboard with that "lucky cat" joke Wombat, one of your best timing on your jokes in a long time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

Yay cagcast

#5 DoctorChops

DoctorChops

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

I just started listening to these things but I like 'em...they're like talk radio - if talk radio was good heh...not to say ALL talk radio is bad. Just most of it.

I just found the Child's Play info not too long ago - think I heard about it on one of these CagCast's...anyway, my point is, it's cool. Already tweetered it, gonna throw some money in here pretty soon too - I'm poor is hell, but it's a good cause. Plus I need the Kama. And the raffle doesn't hurt :D

Mostly though, I'm just posting to plug the Child's Play donation on the off chance somebody reads this...

Edited by DoctorChops, 02 December 2010 - 08:22 AM.
'Cause I get stupid. I mean outrageous.

#6 kevindoc

kevindoc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

I think the "Download last week's Live show here." link is pointing to an old show from earlier this year....is that just me?

#7 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

I am not so taken with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit as you guys are. It's a step down where Criterion was with their Burnout series. It should have been Burnout Paradise 2, with cops. As it is, it's very limited in gameplay variety.
I'd really have liked a "virus" type multiplayer mode where cops turned other drivers into cops by smashing into them. It was in the Midtown Madness series, why don't they bring that back?

I did check out Pinball FX 2 while listening to the show. It's fun stuff. I still prefer the Williams Pinball game physics, but the boards in this game definitely draw me in. Love the robot that thrashes around and shoots the ball at you in the Earth Defense table.

Ship, you and your wife both have Xbox Live accounts, right? (Cheapy, Wombat... are either of you multi-account households?) Have you, or will you convert to the Family Pack to see what the catch is? They're no offering a free extra month to new members, plus 800 microsoft points to all who sign up. (They say existing members get their remaining time converted to a "further discount"...hmm.) Up to 4 for the price of 2, there must be fine print somewhere, right? Single console only perhaps? And what are these "exclusive deals on family-friendly games"? Time for some investigative reporting, guys!

And since this post isn't long enough yet... Cheapy, have you gone in for your voice-over work for Saints Row 3 yet? You need to tell them to add Assassin's Creed style freerunning and climbing so we can hear modernday citizens make fun of us for climbing stuff.

#8 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Great show guys, I think NFS was by far my best Black Friday purchase, I've been playing a little every night and its hard to put down. Played my first online race last night and came in first!

Wombat: I too have the Sony sound bar 3.1 channel and its the best piece of my entertainment setup. I don't know what your setup is, but I have a Bravia TV, Sony Up-Scale HDMI DVD player and PS3 all connected with Bravia Sync enabled. It's absolutely seamless, so if you have a Sony TV, make sure that is definitely enabled..It took me about 2 days to where I was comfortable with all the settings, so you should be half way there, if not already. oh, and i LOL'd hard at the 'lucky cat' joke, the best I've heard probably since I've started listening, perfect timing and delivery :lol:
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#9 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

I love hearing about poop stores on the show, because this means I get to read angry comments in the show thread about them later!

I listened to a bit of that 4-8 podcast you linked to cheapy and you nailed it when mentioned how the deals this Black Friday weren't very good. In the end I got a copy Super Street Fighter IV for Xbox360 and bought Metro 2033 on STEAM for 10 bucks. That was my haul.

#10 ohmyblazes

ohmyblazes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Cheapy,

I have had the dreaded vasectomy. I had it done about 4 years ago.

I can safely say it was the easiest procedure I've ever gone through. It took probably about 15 minutes (I sat in the room waiting for the doctor longer than the procedure took).

There wasn't any pain but I will say a syringe to the balls is a strange feeling.

Anyways, procedure was done and I was on a plane to New York with my wife that night with no problems.

I highly recommend it. Just make sure you find a good doctor. Also, if you do it, don't life anything heavy for a few days! My cousin made that mistake and was in a lot of pain.

#11 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

"May-jin," Cheapy? Really? From the guy who corrects everyone's pronunciation of "karaoke"? :D

At least you made up for that with the sexypants bit. That was hysterical.

#12 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

Awesome show I listened to the first few minutes and love the casual style can't wait to listen to the rest.

#13 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

love love the CAGcast!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#14 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

HAHA, I love Shipwreck.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#15 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

awesome :D

#16 Master Troll

Master Troll

Whaat is this place?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

I was happily enjoying my lunch and listening to the CAGcast until Cheapy said ejaculate and immediately lost my appetite. Cheapy now owes me five dollars.

I dont know guys
idiots are a diamond dozen nowadays :)

Posted Image

#17 stevew2607

stevew2607

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Based on your appleTV discussion I use PS3 Media Server to get everything on my PC to my tv via my PS3. It works great and the software is free. Its a java based application so the install is a breeze. It works for all pictures, moveis, and music. Yeah I have to turn on my console, but heck that is what it is for. Now this doesn't help you get content, but we all know there are plenty of ways to do that.

#18 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

Great show guys, really enjoyed it.

Errr might just be me being dense, but isn't that link to the Black Friday Live show pointing at an old show (187). Seems like I've heard it before.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#19 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Awesome show guys!
Posted Image

#20 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

I now feel Shipwrecks pain. I have always had brown hair and and a brown go-tee, now as since I turned 33 I have graying hair and my go-tee has turned orange. It hit me in the face today as a co-worker said wow look at you and your ginger go-tee. I need help as a new Ginger. what do i do ?
122445.png

#21 JSD

JSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:11 AM

Entertaining show as usual guys.

Wombat -- Please update us again next week on how the Sony surround sound bar is working out ... I've been thinking of getting one but wasn't sure of the quality or effectiveness of the surround sound. I heard you need a specific room shape or setup, but am curious how you're using it.

:)

#22 Amnesia Bot

Amnesia Bot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

Joystiq just today put up a post about the CAG Child's Play donation drive whatnot. You can go read it and ejaculate now Cheapy.

#23 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

next AC should be in Russia
Posted Image

#24 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

Joystiq just today put up a post about the CAG Child's Play donation drive whatnot. You can go read it and ejaculate now Cheapy.

:applause:

Guess they were worried...
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#25 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

Congrats Wombat! The game of life trumps any video game.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#26 C.A. Fuzzy Nutz

C.A. Fuzzy Nutz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Bitch and you shall recieve Cheapy...
http://www.joystiq.c...ystiq (Joystiq)
Good job guys :)

#27 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

"May-jin," Cheapy? Really? From the guy who corrects everyone's pronunciation of "karaoke"? :D

You mean it's not supposed to be pronounced kay-ray-oh-key? :D

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#28 TheH2s

TheH2s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

Why is Shipwreck such a buzzkill on every episode? The best parts of the show is when you guys talk about everyday stuff. It's entertaining. I like hearing about Robutler. But no Shipwreck has to start the damn show all the time. STFU and let the comedy happen. I enjoy the video game talk obviously but when Wombat and Cheapy are being funny Shipwreck has to come in and throw a wet blanket on everything.

#29 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Why is Shipwreck such a buzzkill on every episode? The best parts of the show is when you guys talk about everyday stuff. It's entertaining. I like hearing about Robutler. But no Shipwreck has to start the damn show all the time. STFU and let the comedy happen. I enjoy the video game talk obviously but when Wombat and Cheapy are being funny Shipwreck has to come in and throw a wet blanket on everything.

We all play our part.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#30 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Congrats to Wombat and Mrs. Wombat! I liked the lucky cat joke too. Everything is coming up Wombat in this CagCast.
"I love you. But I also love hanging up on you."
Cheapy D, 12/16/2009