Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $27.99 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
After contemplating the Episodes from Liberty City deal for $15.99, I noticed Amazon also has the Complete collection including GTA IV and the Episodes for $27.99 shipped. That's the lowest it's been on Amazon. Same price for both systems. Aside from the new cover, it also comes with a new Liberty City map and poster, and a new manual. I personally wanted them all in one set, so paying $12 for GTA IV sounds pretty good to me.

LINK

Watch the price too. It was just $29.99 and dropped so it may keep going down a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if it's all one 1 disc for xbox? Or is this just a case with 2 discs, one of which is the game and the other of which is the DLC?

That's a ton of content jam packed on one disc for ps3. It's well worth the purchase for those that didn't play gta 4 in addition to the dlc content. And yes the xbox 360 version is on 2 discs. One with gta4 and the other with gay tony/lost and damned

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I want the Collector's Edition... sadly, no deals on that version.

=([/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if they jacked the price back up or not, but if you could find a copy of the CE at Blockbuster it should be $29.99 across both the 360 and PS3. But that's ONLY for GTA IV and not the episodes, as there was NEVER a CE for this GTA IV Complete edition.

OR

If you can't find it there you could try FYE where the CE should be $30-40, but that's for a USED copy and it all depends on if the cashiers cared enough to make sure everything was there and mint if you get everything or not.:cry:

[quote name='youngavatar']It a great deal for both games and the online community is still alive.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played deathmatch in forever, but I know that the Free Mode is definitely alive....with griefers who will hunt you down with choppers relentlessly.:roll:

So I just return the favor anymore and they leave in a huff.;) It's amazing how many annoying people will leave a game because they are being bested at their own game.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm not sure if they jacked the price back up or not, but if you could find a copy of the CE at Blockbuster it should be $29.99 across both the 360 and PS3. But that's ONLY for GTA IV and not the episodes, as there was NEVER a CE for this GTA IV Complete edition.

OR

If you can't find it there you could try FYE where the CE should be $30-40, but that's for a USED copy and it all depends on if the cashiers cared enough to make sure everything was there and mint if you get everything or not.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know that the Complete Edition offers a lot more value (same with the Game of the Year Edition of other games).

But I don't like Greatest Hits / Platinum Hits / Player's Choice... and I like CE Editions. I prefer the CE over the newer releases. I know... I'm crazy.

Okay, thanks guys. If it's 2 discs, I might as well just buy the single disc with both DLC packs. I already own GTA 4, so there's no point in getting another copy. I just thought it'd be nice if I could somehow get it all onto 1 disc, but it doesn't look like that's possible. Ah well.

Hmm, I originally wanted the game but the longer it was out the less I wanted it. I think I'd get it if it hits $20 but even then, I know it is going to be a long game (even longer with the dlc) and have a big enough backlog as it is.

very good deal.
Didnt want to pay 37.99 or whatever they were charging before for it.

27.99 is tempting....

But i got sick of the game after 2 hrs of playing it after release week. But the tons of extra content included at a cheap price... dunno what to do!

This is definitely a great deal, I'll be picking this one up for 27.99. I've been wanting this game for quite a while, and it just landed in my price range. Thanks a lot OP.
cool2.gif
:D

[quote name='Ivanhoe']very good deal.
Didnt want to pay 37.99 or whatever they were charging before for it.

27.99 is tempting....

But i got sick of the game after 2 hrs of playing it after release week. But the tons of extra content included at a cheap price... dunno what to do![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Oh, I know that the Complete Edition offers a lot more value (same with the Game of the Year Edition of other games).

But I don't like Greatest Hits / Platinum Hits / Player's Choice... and I like CE Editions. I prefer the CE over the newer releases. I know... I'm crazy.[/QUOTE]
The Complete Edition ISN'T IN GREATEST HITS PACKAGING though. It's in 'black label' packaging.

And I'll never quite understand why some get so antsy over the GH/PH/PC versions of games. Many of those 'ugly' versions of games add in game fixes that make some games actually playable as opposed to their original versions.

Although I'm sure many of Gamestop's key customers would wonder why I MUST have every game mint/complete unless I got it for stupid cheap. So to each their own, but just think of it this way, you could make a block pattern with alternating GH/PH/PC games and black label ones.:D Oooooooo trippy. ;)

The bad thing about GTA 4 multiplayer is the hackers and modders....its annoying as hell in Free Mode, flying cars all over, they can even kill you instantly from any place on the map if they choose to do so, you just explode out of nowhere because of them. Then, they freeze the game.

It happens in every match......there are at least 2 to 4 modders in every game.....after 20 minutes or so, they freeze the game for everyone...

hopefully it isnt the case with Red Dead Redemption, can anyone confirm that?

[quote name='ral1121']The bad thing about GTA 4 multiplayer is the hackers and modders....its annoying as hell in Free Mode, flying cars all over, they can even kill you instantly from any place on the map if they choose to do so, you just explode out of nowhere because of them. Then, they freeze the game.

It happens in every match......there are at least 2 to 4 modders in every game.....after 20 minutes or so, they freeze the game for everyone...

hopefully it isnt the case with Red Dead Redemption, can anyone confirm that?[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when you play the game on a 360.

Thank goodness PS3 homebrew isn't fully developed yet.

[quote name='chw2006']This is what happens when you play the game on a 360.

Thank goodness PS3 homebrew isn't fully developed yet.[/QUOTE]

it really sucks...i really like the game, bought it on launch day too, but this is just so annoying.

[quote name='SaveFarris']And this, right here, is why I haven't bought Red Dead Redemption yet...[/QUOTE]

Same. I rented it from GF and 100%'ed the main game. Barely touched the MP, though. Going to hold off on a compilation like this.

What would a RDR complete collection have though? Haven't most of the add-ons been MP-focused? Are there any plans for episodic content like GTA IV had?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The Complete Edition ISN'T IN GREATEST HITS PACKAGING though. It's in 'black label' packaging.

And I'll never quite understand why some get so antsy over the GH/PH/PC versions of games. Many of those 'ugly' versions of games add in game fixes that make some games actually playable as opposed to their original versions.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I collected those gh/ph versions that incorporated bug fixes for older generation systems. For the current gen systems, though, if there is no additional content in a gh/ph, I figure I might as well collect the black label version (as the game fixes can be downloaded online)

[quote name='ral1121']The bad thing about GTA 4 multiplayer is the hackers and modders....its annoying as hell in Free Mode, flying cars all over, they can even kill you instantly from any place on the map if they choose to do so, you just explode out of nowhere because of them. Then, they freeze the game.

hopefully it isnt the case with Red Dead Redemption, can anyone confirm that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna lie and say cheating doesn't happen on the 360 but im a level 9 in GTA and have been playing it since a month after it came out and I have literally seen none of those things you are talking about. Would actually be pretty cool to see flying cars.

Not saying it doesn't happen but obviously not THAT much.

The biggest thing I Hate is all the jackasses in the co-op missions who will purposely try to ruin the mission for you or try to trick you into joining a friendly fire off match and killing you until you run out of lives.

[quote name='ssjmichael']After contemplating the Episodes from Liberty City deal for $15.99, I noticed Amazon also has the Complete collection including GTA IV and the Episodes for $27.99 shipped. That's the lowest it's been on Amazon. Same price for both systems. Aside from the new cover, it also comes with a new Liberty City map and poster, and a new manual. I personally wanted them all in one set, so paying $12 for GTA IV sounds pretty good to me.

LINK

Watch the price too. It was just $29.99 and dropped so it may keep going down a little.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention the platforms this deal is for - which is the PS3, in this case...

[quote name='Mikocouch']Damn, they sure are milking this game.[/QUOTE]
That they are and I almost kept the complete version from Gamestop, which I had pre-ordered as soon as it was available in their system. But once I found out that the games are still keep completely seperate and you can't get the combined content("tv stations", music from the radio, "internet content") from both episodes in GTA IV then I cancelled out.:D
[quote name='TheRobReport']I'm not gonna lie and say cheating doesn't happen on the 360 but im a level 9 in GTA and have been playing it since a month after it came out and I have literally seen none of those things you are talking about. Would actually be pretty cool to see flying cars.

Not saying it doesn't happen but obviously not THAT much.

The biggest thing I Hate is all the jackasses in the co-op missions who will purposely try to ruin the mission for you or try to trick you into joining a friendly fire off match and killing you until you run out of lives.[/QUOTE]
I've noticed the flying cars before on the PS3 version or rather some cars seem to 'float' off the ground. Although that may have something to do with my shitty connection(768kbps DSL) and not so much the game or 'cheaters'.

As for people inviting me into a friendly fire off match and then killing me till I leave, it doesn't happen that often anymore for me, especially since I've become proficient with the non gimped version Annihilator(explosive rounds) in the Ballad Of Gay Tony.

But the people joining co-op matches just to kill everyone else is annoying. I had that happen numerous times in the Bomb Da Base co-op mission in GTAIV, including at least a half dozen who blew up the chopper while we were in it.:cry:

That's why it pays to only have friends in co-op missions and no random players if at all possible.

[quote name='ssjmichael']After contemplating the Episodes from Liberty City deal for $15.99, I noticed Amazon also has the Complete collection including GTA IV and the Episodes for $27.99 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Episodes from Liberty City was only $15.99? Was this only yesterday for the Action Games day on Amazon? I must have missed that, I saw the Complete collection was on sale for $28 but I don't need the main game since I already beat it.

Was waiting on Episodes to drop to cheap and pick that up but looks like the PS3 version is back up to $29 today. Bummer, that needs to drop permanently to about $15-$19, it's a DLC pack that's over a year old already...

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Episodes from Liberty City was only $15.99? Was this only yesterday for the Action Games day on Amazon? I must have missed that, I saw the Complete collection was on sale for $28 but I don't need the main game since I already beat it.

Was waiting on Episodes to drop to cheap and pick that up but looks like the PS3 version is back up to $29 today. Bummer, that needs to drop permanently to about $15-$19, it's a DLC pack that's over a year old already...[/QUOTE]

You may want to check your local Target for clearance as well since the episodes only releases are on clearance. I've only seen the XB360 version though.

A little off topic here, but I'm desperately trying to find out this info and I'm having no luck with searches. Does anyone know which poster comes with the Complete edition? Is it the same girl-with-champagne poster that came with the Stories from Liberty City disc? Or is it a new one?

thx

bread's done
Back