Photo
- - - - -

GFW Daily Deals 12/2 -12/7 (FINAL DEAL: Max Payne 2 $1)

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#271 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

I couldn't log into my account yesterday, I was having internet problems it sucked so I wasn't able to get the Deux Ex deal, at least I got Viva Pinata today, hopefully they'll have another .99c game on tuesday.

Posted Image

#272 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Loving all these dollar menu game sales @ GFW. Been waiting on a BL:TD sale, so I'm all down with picking this up for a buck. Picked up VP as well. Missed Deus Ex or I would have been all over it.

#273 deletion

deletion

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

o_O
You can buy games with MS Points, sweet.

yea, almost passed up BLTD until i realized this. its a good day. thanks op.

#274 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

2 and a half hours left of the current deal, and 3 until the new deal starts.

Hoping for Gears of War, Fable, Resident Evil 5 or GTA IV.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#275 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

2 and a half hours left of the current deal, and 3 until the new deal starts.

Hoping for Gears of War, Fable, Resident Evil 5 or GTA IV.

Gears of War would be great but I bet they want to keep any PC excitement for GOW down, due to the nature of GOW 2 nor 3 coming to PC. At this point I wonder if Microsoft wishes they could forget GOW on PC even exists LOL
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#276 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

Gears of War would be great but I bet they want to keep any PC excitement for GOW down, due to the nature of GOW 2 nor 3 coming to PC. At this point I wonder if Microsoft wishes they could forget GOW on PC even exists LOL

well it was only just recently released on the Games for Windows Marketplace, so it isn't like they act like it doesn't exists. Plus I bet both Microsoft and EPIC would love to get some more sales.

I already have both GOW and GOW2 on Xbox, but wouldn't mind getting GOW on PC as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#277 SadExchange82

SadExchange82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

I just tried to search for a team deathmatch game on BLTD and there weren't any available. I did run the patch after installing, are there anymore? Is there anyone whose playing online?

#278 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

It's a dollar that is less than a cup of coffee.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#279 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

I just tried to search for a team deathmatch game on BLTD and there weren't any available. I did run the patch after installing, are there anymore? Is there anyone whose playing online?

I played for about 3-4 hours yesterday. About 2 of those hours were spent in small 3v3/4v4 games, but after that I found a big group of 5v5 or 6v6 or whatever the max is and we all played games for about two hours.

I don't know if this is just the influx from $1 buyers (which means they'll probably trickle down over the week), but my experience with it was good.

Maybe patching will find more games.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#280 Warri0r345

Warri0r345

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Thought about getting this multiple times, but still can't justify the purchase. Sure, its one dollar, but I just don't see myself playing it much. Here's to hoping the next game is great. (Crossing fingers for FM or anything else worthwhile)

#281 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

So noon EST/9am PST time is when the next deal is posted?
CML

#282 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

So noon EST/9am PST time is when the next deal is posted?

Yeah. Usually someone finds it before then though.

#283 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Correct! -- I'll hopefully be able to update the post if I hear anything before then (but with 15 minutes to go... don't think anything will get leaked early haha)

#284 Kurina

Kurina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

The deal appears to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl. It is showing up as $.99 for me, and has been confirmed by a few people on other forums.

http://www.gamesforw...S-T-A-L-K-E-R-/

In case it is not showing up for anyone else yet (it seems to vary):
http://imgur.com/83c3Z.jpg

#285 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

too bad already have it on steam
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#286 VernlovesMaria

VernlovesMaria

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Bummer...

#287 lidl

lidl

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

http://www.gamesforw...dailydeal/day5/

so yeah, it is Stalker. Already have it a few times, but for -.99 ... ^^
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#288 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, I own Deus Ex, Shadowrun and Stalker:SOC already. If I didn't I would have bitten of all those deals.
CML

#289 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

The deal appears to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl. It is showing up as $.99 for me, and has been confirmed by a few people on other forums.

http://www.gamesforw...S-T-A-L-K-E-R-/

In case it is not showing up for anyone else yet (it seems to vary):
http://imgur.com/83c3Z.jpg

Man, they finally put a good game up for sale (or one I'd want, anyway, as I know the sale isn't "just for me") and it's one I've owned for over a year. I bought it when it was $1.99 on Steam. Too bad it's not one of the expansions as I don't own any of those. :(

#290 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it is! Thanks for the tip!

I believe that we will have 2 more deals then (one Tuesday and one Wednesday) to finish out the "week"... and as last time, I think these 2 will be pretty big (at least one of them probably will) as last time around they had bioshock for $1 and AOE:III Complete for $0.10 ... so I imagine they will do something! In for $1 on S.T.A.L.K.E.R !

Here is to hoping something crazy tomorrow! ha

#291 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

GREAT deal. I have been wanting to try this game out for years..can't pass on a $1 price point.

#292 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

These prices are just awesome, I own the game on cd, but for 1$ it's a rebuy just for the electronic distribution factor. (And once again can't buy this game on my kids accounts due to age limitations). MS explain to me why this is a problem !!! I'm already assigned as the parent, so why can't I do this ?
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#293 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

can this version have mods added to it or no since its GFWL? i cant play these at home but this should work with parallels on my work mac.

#294 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

I went to the GFW website and saw Stalker for $1 and immediately bought it. Can't pass that up.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#295 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Already have the CD version of this one. Add the fact that I had the 360 versions of Viva Pinata and Shadowrun as well as a physical version of Deus Ex and I've struck out on these deals thus far. Hopefully we'll hit a few other titles that I don't have soon enough.

#296 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Has anyone purchased this and know whether it contains any DLC etc...?

Reason I ask is that Fear 2 included Reborn despite it not saying that anywhere and that forced me to buy Fear 2 on the GFWL deal. If this somehow (crosses fingers) includes any extra content that my steam version does not, I'll buy it.

#297 Kurina

Kurina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Reason I ask is that Fear 2 included Reborn despite it not saying that anywhere and that forced me to buy Fear 2 on the GFWL deal. If this somehow (crosses fingers) includes any extra content that my steam version does not, I'll buy it.

There has not been any official DLC for the Stalker games afaik. The most they have received is patches to iron out the bugs, but that is about it. No idea if the GFWL copies come pre-patched or not though.

All bonus content comes mostly from mods, which there are some excellent ones out there.

#298 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Am I the only person who could not get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

I even downloaded the super mod pack thingy that gave it better graphics and fixed some bugs and yet I still can't get into the game (I think it was the map or something killed it for me)

Anyone?

#299 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

I don't think there was any DLC for this game.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#300 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Done and done. Now off to mod land.