Photo
- - - - -

GFW Daily Deals 12/2 -12/7 (FINAL DEAL: Max Payne 2 $1)

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#61 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

I am hoping for a deal on Gears of War PC :D

#62 eikys

eikys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Looks like shadow run is next, it's $.99 now

#63 eikys

eikys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Looks like shadow run is next, it's up at $.99 now

#64 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

wow, glad to see the $1 trend starting now :D keep this up GFWM, give everyone else a run for their money..I haven't seen a $1 Steam game in a while..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#65 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Can I just buy this for 99 cents or do I have to use 80 MSP?

Both are fine.

Looks like shadow run is next, it's up at $.99 now

Nice. I think I might have to get it at that price.

#66 bubo

bubo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

I've looked at Shadowrun in the past. How big is the community currently though? Even if it's 99 cents, with a lack of single player I don't want to spend a dollar for a dead game.

#67 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Playing any decade-old game will be an exercise in eye-shredding pain compared to modern games. I remember loading up the original Half-Life a few years back with thoughts of replaying my favorite game of all time, but I only made it to the great moment where you press the elevator button, bringing the screaming car plummeting down the shaft (that's what she said!), before packing it in. You can't go home again.

I remember liking Deus Ex a lot, especially the multiple endings; I took care to have a save point that I could reload to head down the other story forks in the road. The level of detail in small stuff like being able to play pool on the table in the bar was cute. There was a bug which allowed implants to run forever w/o sapping batteries if you switched them on via the menu instead of hot keys which made sneaking around hella easy.

However, it made a huge mistake that many games do in switching to 3rd person for cut scenes rather than sticking to 1st person like in Half-Life games or Call of Duty where you never stop seeing thru your character's eyes. The voice acting for Denton was awful and the flailing animation didn't help. When you had to commit to mod choices - e.g. do you want to be able to jump farther and run faster or be permanently stealthy with the leg mod? - it was before you knew what was ahead or what your playing style would ultimately be, so it was possible to gimp your character early on. There was also a story point which broke the covenant the game had made for the first half which said you could play it how you wanted to by forcing you to kill someone and ending up in the next scene regardless of what you want. Unlike Bioshock which handled that sort of thing with a 1st-person view cut scene, Deus Ex makes you play it out even though who have no choice in what to do. They should've just done a cut scene instead of breaking format.

Still, for a buck, it's a must get for those looking for some old-school action or those with older PCs that can't hack Crysis and later eye candy over gameplay and story games. You can't get a soft drink for a buck, so why not?

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#68 jaredhenry13

jaredhenry13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Yep I'm waiting on an answer to bubo's question. I'm not about to drop a dollar on a game that doesn't have anybody playing it.

#69 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

No go on an Onine Only game... even for 99 cents!

Cmon MS lets see Gears of War for $5, and RE5 discounted.

There isnt enough games on GFW that its the same games every time!
Bet Dirt 2 will be coming up soon!

#70 DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

Not to sure how big the Shadowrun community is not been on it for months but was still getting some games and you can play with Bots so if not in it for achievements should still pick up.

For the price I could not pass it up! I own it on 360 already but since it's a cross-platform game can play with some buddies on my PC with them instead of having to do so on my 360.

I would like to see RE5 Discounted or any game I don't own that has achievements :)

Posted Image
Just click the image above to find all your Avatar Award needs!
Posted Image

#71 VernlovesMaria

VernlovesMaria

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

I've looked at Shadowrun in the past. How big is the community currently though? Even if it's 99 cents, with a lack of single player I don't want to spend a dollar for a dead game.

From what I've read, the community is still active, though the ones hanging around will pummel you since they know all the tricks. I played this a while back on 360 and loved it, so it's a no-brainer for me. Also remember that you play on the same servers as the 360 players, so that should help with finding games.

#72 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Day 2 Deal!! Shadowrun for only $0.99!!! Keep the deals coming Microsoft! ha

#73 Manloi

Manloi

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hello! Guys:

Shadowrun for 99 Cents. Can you refuse that?

LOL, Hope you support the shitty Games for Windows Marketplace!

Manloi

www.gamesforwindows.com

http://www.gamesforw...dailydeal/day2/

#74 ricka

ricka

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

It says 1600 points when I look at my cart, is that normal?

#75 Moose_Man

Moose_Man

Very excited to get Deus Ex for a dollar as I just got Invisible War yesterday for the Xbox. I lost my old copy of Deus Ex and have been wanting to play through these again before Human Revolution comes out.
Posted Image

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Repost, the original post was right above this one.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#77 Hestar

Hestar

Artax! Stupid Horse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Awesome!!!..I hope Microsoft keeps these deals up aswell..Just bought myself a copy and one for my cuzin.
Posted Image

Macklin....you son of a bitch 8-)

#78 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

It says 1600 points when I look at my cart, is that normal?

for which deal? Dues EX deal has expired... it's now the Shadow Run deal... if it's showing up at 1600 in your cart for Shadow Run, no that's not normal.. try again in a few minutes

#79 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hope I can convince my friends to pick Shadowrun up. I purchased it myself for dirt cheap from gogamer awhile back and only played a bit against bots. It was certainly entertaining and I can see the potential for some intense action. If only there was a way to gift games like you can through Steam =/... they can be pretty stubborn when it comes to trying something new no matter the price.

#80 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

sweeet. Thanks OP
Posted Image

#81 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

Good stuff right here, how long are these days of .99c gonna lat anyways?

#82 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Um, I don't think this is a GFWL, so ya may wanna edit the title not ton confuse people.

Its is GFWL it & Halo 2 were actually the very first games for windows live games. They both had install limits and GFWL key limits.

#83 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

fail

SteamWidget.PNG

#84 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

Its is GFWL it & Halo 2 were actually the very first games for windows live games. They both had install limits and GFWL key limits.

dude, that was in response to Deus Ex. But ya, this game [Shadowrun] this time around is actually GFWL, not GFW.

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#85 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

New day, new deal! Today, grab Shadowrun for just 80 Microsoft Points ($0.99), that's 95% off the regular price!

On top of that, Shadowrun is a crossplatform LIVE title! You can play against your Xbox LIVE friends as well as Games for Windows LIVE people! Game on!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

I think some of us are just saying that while the old moniker may exist on printed material, the LIVE portion has practically been stripped from the client and the website, replaced with what appears to be Games for Windows (as in the domain too) or Games for Windows Marketplace. It just seems like a rebranding..

I'm so in for this Shadowrun even though I won't be able to run it. I'm sure they keep track of this stuff, so if they see that .99 cents = $$$ for old shit they got sitting on a server, the more cheap ass deals we'll get.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#87 fake larry

fake larry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

LOL. I read this thread and thought all the "this game's a classic" stuff was referring to Shadowrun but just figured out with was for Deus Ex.

Yeah, Shadowrun should have been 1$ to begin with. Even then it's a bit overpriced since if you own pretty much any other multiplayer shooter you will never play it.

#88 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

Good stuff right here, how long are these days of .99c gonna lat anyways?

Not sure... last one ran until Sunday... so maybe then?

#89 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

I was confused by the title switch, too. I'm like, "No, Shadowrun is not a classic? Wut?" And those that were like, "I JUST GOT THIS FOR $2.50 ON STEAM!" and I'm like, "Eh?" I figured it out though.

A multiplayer game with no one playing it, cross-platform or not, is not really worth a $1 imo.

MS, where's Gears of War? Where's Fable?

#90 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Embarrassed to say I paid $40 for this near launch. It's worth a dollar, but not much more... and this will probably get a few people back playing online. Here's hoping we get Fable TLC for ~$5!