Photo
- - - - -

GFW Daily Deals 12/2 -12/7 (FINAL DEAL: Max Payne 2 $1)

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#91 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

I got Shadowrun on 360 already. It's a pretty good game, and still quite active.

At this price, it's a no-brainer, you MUST get it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#92 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

If Gears of War is the next deal for 99 cents, I won't complain, Fable Lost Chapters for 99 cents wouldn't be a bad one either.

Also, LOL at microsoft showing the Xbox 360 coverart for this deal, how funny, although I believe it is a cross platform title.

#93 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

If Gears of War is the next deal for 99 cents, I won't complain, Fable Lost Chapters for 99 cents wouldn't be a bad one either.

Also, LOL at microsoft showing the Xbox 360 coverart for this deal, how funny, although I believe it is a cross platform title.

It literally says XBL and GFWL on the box

And hell yeah I'll buy this at $1.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#94 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Not sure... last one ran until Sunday... so maybe then?

For curiousity's sake, anyone know what deals were included last time?

#95 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

For 99 cents, even if I only get a few hours out of it, it's a good deal. Like everyone else, I hope that Gears Of War and Fable are coming soon! But then again, the Deus Ex deal shows that other publishers are on board (at least Sqeenix) and there might be other classics coming up.

#96 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

I changed the title to a more standard format, think it works? haha

and...

For curiousity's sake, anyone know what deals were included last time?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=278420 thats the thread from last time.

#97 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Just be warned, that the recent XBL update that changed the mics to a new higher frequency (audio codec) has caused Shadowrun PC players to no longer be able to communicate with console gamers. Console players hear static from PC players and PC players can not hear anything. Sometimes the 360 players (vast majority of the SR population online) kick PC players when they don't understand the problem. As an owner of both console and PC versions, I have witnessed this a few times in the last few weeks.

Though the SR community is small it still has a fairly large following on PC. Shadowrun has been a team based game and the mic has been a crucial part of the game. To date MS has refused to comment on the situation other then it is up to the developer of the game to choose to update the games to meet the new XBL mic standards. FASA (the makers) have not been in business for well over 2 years now, so an update seems highly unlikely.

Xbox and GFWL forum threads on the problem:
http://forums.xbox.c...7/ShowPost.aspx
http://forums.xbox.c...4/ShowPost.aspx
http://forums.gamesf...om/t/15738.aspx
CML

#98 reininop

reininop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Even though I doubt I'll ever play this, I find it hard to turn down a $0.99 game because I'm a packrat. I guess I can stay at work an extra 2 minutes and 7 seconds to pay for it, then I won't feel bad.
[URL="http://social.bioware.com/brc/541664"][/URL]

#99 doooork

doooork

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

soooo... DOES this have achievements, or no?
walmart associate in el cajon, ca :puke:

www.myspace.com/doooork

#100 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

Just be warned, that the recent XBL update that changed the mics to a new higher frequency (audio codec) has caused Shadowrun PC players to no longer be able to communicate with console gamers. Console players hear static from PC players and PC players can not hear anything. Sometimes the 360 players (vast majority of the SR population online) kick PC players when they don't understand the problem. As an owner of both console and PC versions, I have witnessed this a few times in the last few weeks.

Though the SR community is small it still has a fairly large following on PC. Shadowrun has been a team based game and the mic has been a crucial part of the game. To date MS has refused to comment on the situation other then it is up to the developer of the game to choose to update the games to meet the new XBL mic standards. FASA (the makers) have not been in business for well over 2 years now, so an update seems highly unlikely.

Xbox and GFWL forum threads on the problem:
http://forums.xbox.c...7/ShowPost.aspx
http://forums.xbox.c...4/ShowPost.aspx
http://forums.gamesf...om/t/15738.aspx

Wow. Of course, MS probably doesn't have the will or the team that originally designed Shadowrun, so they lack the easy capability to update the game to support the updated communication codecs. I hadn't even thought of that. I suppose that impacts any of the (...2?) games that enabled cross-platform play.

#101 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

soooo... DOES this have achievements, or no?

Yes, it does.

#102 VernlovesMaria

VernlovesMaria

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

Wow. Of course, MS probably doesn't have the will or the team that originally designed Shadowrun, so they lack the easy capability to update the game to support the updated communication codecs. I hadn't even thought of that. I suppose that impacts any of the (...2?) games that enabled cross-platform play.

I wish I had read this before I bought the game. This is a serious issue. It turns off voice chat completely in game. :( Well it's only a dollar....

#103 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

Bought. What's to lose, besides 80 pts. ;)

#104 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Dayum... they are really trying to compete with Steam!

Nice! To be honest, I would prefer all my PC games on Games for Windows Live instead of Steam, just because the Live integration.

#105 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

It sucks. MS could update the GFW PC interface to fix this I think, but they are pushing the burden out to the devs to do all the work instead. It's hurt a lot of the community as small as it was.

Sucks for achievement whores people too because a few of them are linked to PC players. PC players are getting the boot left and right because their mics are uncontrollably screeching so killing a 100 PC gamers and/or rezzing them (cross platform achievements) will be a challenge.
CML

#106 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:09 PM

Probably won't play it anytime soon but bought it because it's practically a free game.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#107 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

It sucks. MS could update the GFW PC interface to fix this I think, but they are pushing the burden out to the devs to do all the work instead. It's hurt a lot of the community as small as it was.

Sucks for achievement whores people too because a few of them are linked to PC players. PC players are getting the boot left and right because their mics are uncontrollably screeching so killing a 100 PC gamers and/or rezzing them (cross platform achievements) will be a challenge.

So what about using the official 360 wireless headset on PC through the usb receiver?

#108 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

So what about using the official 360 wireless headset on PC through the usb receiver?

Nothing works on PC (for Shadowrun and Lost Planet) to allow you to communicate with console gamers. Each platform currently uses a different codec to communicate so they are not compatible.

It would be like trying to use a CB radio to call a cell phone. Both signals go out, but neither receives the other.

PC to PC communication is fine in all other GFW games because everyone is using the same codec. Shadowrun and Lost Planet are the only two cross platform games I know of. I haven't been following Lost Planet so not sure how bad it is, but SR is messed up on PC right now.
CML

#109 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Can't buy this if your under 18. Tried going on my kids accounts so we can play multiplayer and it won't let me buy it. Doh!!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#110 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

I should clarify that EVERYTHING about the GFW version of Shadowrun works fine EXCEPT the mic.
CML

#111 rhewes

rhewes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

I always thought ShandowRun was good on the 360, definitely had some unique elements that broke up the standard run and gun. Thanks OP, bought for $0.99.

#112 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Dayum... they are really trying to compete with Steam!

Nice! To be honest, I would prefer all my PC games on Games for Windows Live instead of Steam, just because the Live integration.

I guess it's good to have both. Competition = cheaper prices. I bought Dirt 2 on Steam few days ago and even though I launch the game through Steam client, it automatically connects me to GFWL so it's really no big dfference. I guess the only bad thing is you get two sets of achievements, one for each service.

#113 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Even with the mic problems, for .99 cents Im in. Every-time I see a cheap copy I get a little urge to rebuy it, but I know I would hardly ever take the time to pop it into my 360.

#114 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Nothing works on PC (for Shadowrun and Lost Planet) to allow you to communicate with console gamers. Each platform currently uses a different codec to communicate so they are not compatible.

It would be like trying to use a CB radio to call a cell phone. Both signals go out, but neither receives the other.

PC to PC communication is fine in all other GFW games because everyone is using the same codec. Shadowrun and Lost Planet are the only two cross platform games I know of. I haven't been following Lost Planet so not sure how bad it is, but SR is messed up on PC right now.

So when you do a matchmaking or whatever it's called on the PC version, can you tell which ones are console player and which ones are PC players? If you can, then I guess we'll just have to pick the PC players to play with.

#115 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Even at .99 cents, this is still hard to justify. Its about a 3-4 year old multi-player only class based shooter in a world that ha since seen TF2 and BF:BC2. It would be like making a donation for me.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#116 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

So when you do a matchmaking or whatever it's called on the PC version, can you tell which ones are console player and which ones are PC players? If you can, then I guess we'll just have to pick the PC players to play with.

Matchmaking in SR is like Halo. You hit search and it throws you into the best match possible. PC and console players appear the same, unless you hit the guide button and look at the recent players list. There is a PC symbol next to their name if they are on the PC.

You can't find an all PC match through matchmaking. There are custom game options, but finding people on PC at that time isn't easily done through the game, maybe through a forum would be best.

The game mixes up both platforms well and you can't normally tell who is on what platform (except for the mic noise now). Just to give you an idea of the PC population there is an achievement to kill anyone on the other platform a 100 times. I played the console version for a very long time and bought the PC version recently. Well that kill 100 PC players achievement took me two years on 360. Seriously, the PC community makes up a very small percentage of the games total players.
CML

#117 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Matchmaking in SR is like Halo. You hit search and it throws you into the best match possible. PC and console players appear the same, unless you hit the guide button and look at the recent players list. There is a PC symbol next to their name if they are on the PC.

You can't find an all PC match through matchmaking. There are custom game options, but finding people on PC at that time isn't easily done through the game, maybe through a forum would be best.

The game mixes up both platforms well and you can't normally tell who is on what platform (except for the mic noise now). Just to give you an idea of the PC population there is an achievement to kill anyone on the other platform a 100 times. I played the console version for a very long time and bought the PC version recently. Well that kill 100 PC players achievement took me two years on 360. Seriously, the PC community makes up a very small percentage of the games total players.

With this sale, there will be more PC players and 360 players can get that achievment much faster and easier due to noob PC players like myself. :D

#118 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

I am all for an influx of Shadowrun players. Love the game.

I was just giving CAGs a heads up SR current state.
CML

#119 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

Bought the game for .99 Installed and tried to play but nothing starts. I am running Win7 64 bit. Anyone else get this to work? Oh well

#120 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Bought the game for .99 Installed and tried to play but nothing starts. I am running Win7 64 bit. Anyone else get this to work? Oh well

I am on Windows 7 64 bit as well and it runs for me. I have the disk though, others have had the same problem. See the links below.

Couple of possible fixes from the GFW forum:
http://forums.gamesf...om/t/14172.aspx
http://forums.gamesf...com/t/9753.aspx
http://forums.gamesf...com/t/9362.aspx
CML