Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Codes $10 codes from ordering games May/June 2010 are expiring now

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 io

io

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

I think you missed my edit (which you quoted). I did all that and they said they credited it to my order manually. I do now see the order total being $10 less than it was before. But I used an Edge card to pay and it still has the full original amount deducted (when I check the balance online). I'll give it a few more days and then I'll get on their case again.

They also finally got around to responding to my original email about the issue. In that one I had mentioned another code that didn't work (I tried both of the ones that should have been good). Via email they gave me a new $10 code to use for my next order. That's interesting - I wonder when that expires? :lol:

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

Uh.. wait, how can they do this? I still have an unused $20 code... I used up all of my $10 ones though. The $20 one seems to work though.

You guys should start emailing GS customer service. If enough people complain, they'll probably fix the issue.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#33 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Yeah. They prematurely expired my $10 RDR coupon from last year. I emailed them and they gave me a new $10 coupon. Try this first before going apeshit over it.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#34 io

io

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

I guess the way the dealt with the $10 deducted from the order that they had already charged my Edge card for was to send me a $10 gift card. I just got an email today saying a $10 gift card was shipping. You'd think just crediting $10 back to my Edge card would be easier and cheaper for them, but whatever...

SO, yeah, anyone with codes from all those promos last summer should write in about it even if they aren't buying anything. It's probably better to deal with it now than in April 2013 when the codes were supposed to expire.

#35 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

I guess the way the dealt with the $10 deducted from the order that they had already charged my Edge card for was to send me a $10 gift card. I just got an email today saying a $10 gift card was shipping. You'd think just crediting $10 back to my Edge card would be easier and cheaper for them, but whatever...

SO, yeah, anyone with codes from all those promos last summer should write in about it even if they aren't buying anything. It's probably better to deal with it now than in April 2013 when the codes were supposed to expire.

I've heard of this resolution as well, which is all fine and well if you're using all GS credit. But since I'm out of it at this point hopefully they would just credit me $10 in the form of payment used or give me a different $10 code.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#36 io

io

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:19 AM

I've heard of this resolution as well, which is all fine and well if you're using all GS credit. But since I'm out of it at this point hopefully they would just credit me $10 in the form of payment used or give me a different $10 code.

You need to think about that. Getting another $10 code is the worst possible solution. A $10 gift card can be used on any order like the code but won't have the problem of being "invalid" or expiring at some random time. It can also be used in store and in combination with other coupon offers online - neither of which works with the $10 coupon codes. Crediting the original payment method (even if that was an Edge card) is best, but they seem incapable of doing that on Edge card purchases for some reason. In lieu of that, I'd much prefer a new gift card over yet another future use coupon.

But that's not the reason I'm posting. I just got home and opened up the gift card they sent after crediting $10 to this order. I checked the value online and it is worth $0.01. #-o. WTF!? And I didn't get the $10 credit on my original purchasing Edge card either. So they still owe me $9.99 more. I'm on hold with them right now.

So, yeah, if they do send out a gift card check it ASAP. I have yet to check the new code they gave me to make up for the second expiring coupon I had. I suppose I better try to put an order in to see if that works.

Edit: So that was very cost-effective of GS. They did apparently screw up and send me a $0.01 gift card. So what are they going to do now? Credit my original Edge card? Credit the new gift card they just sent? No, apparently they are going to mail me another one. D'oh!

Edited by io, 17 April 2011 - 12:36 AM.

#37 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

You need to think about that. Getting another $10 code is the worst possible solution. A $10 gift card can be used on any order like the code but won't have the problem of being "invalid" or expiring at some random time. It can also be used in store and in combination with other coupon offers online - neither of which works with the $10 coupon codes. Crediting the original payment method (even if that was an Edge card) is best, but they seem incapable of doing that on Edge card purchases for some reason. In lieu of that, I'd much prefer a new gift card over yet another future use coupon.

But that's not the reason I'm posting. I just got home and opened up the gift card they sent after crediting $10 to this order. I checked the value online and it is worth $0.01. #-o. WTF!? And I didn't get the $10 credit on my original purchasing Edge card either. So they still owe me $9.99 more. I'm on hold with them right now.

So, yeah, if they do send out a gift card check it ASAP. I have yet to check the new code they gave me to make up for the second expiring coupon I had. I suppose I better try to put an order in to see if that works.

Edit: So that was very cost-effective of GS. They did apparently screw up and send me a $0.01 gift card. So what are they going to do now? Credit my original Edge card? Credit the new gift card they just sent? No, apparently they are going to mail me another one. D'oh!

Only problem is, aside from maybe 3 of the GS stores in my area they all know I'm perma-banned. So even if I went to use a $10 gc in store, if I use my PUR card then I immediately get myself AND that cashier flagged in the system.

So a $10 off code that works WOULD be the best resolution for me aside from a $10 cash refund to my card if paying in cash, since then I can use the code online with my linked PUR/GS.com account and still get my 10% off discount on top of the $10 discount.:D

But yeah, I've heard of them refunding people by sending out gift cards before as opposed to just crediting it back to the original EDGE/PUR or credit/debit card. Think of it this way, if you paid in cash but they're sending you a $10 gc, you're locked to their stores to use that $10 as opposed to if they just credited your credit/debit card back if you paid that way.:-#

Posted Image

#38 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

Just curious. Why are you perma-banned from your GS stores? Did you spill glitter and knock over their guide stand or something?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#39 io

io

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

Only problem is, aside from maybe 3 of the GS stores in my area they all know I'm perma-banned. So even if I went to use a $10 gc in store, if I use my PUR card then I immediately get myself AND that cashier flagged in the system.

So a $10 off code that works WOULD be the best resolution for me aside from a $10 cash refund to my card if paying in cash, since then I can use the code online with my linked PUR/GS.com account and still get my 10% off discount on top of the $10 discount.:D

But yeah, I've heard of them refunding people by sending out gift cards before as opposed to just crediting it back to the original EDGE/PUR or credit/debit card. Think of it this way, if you paid in cash but they're sending you a $10 gc, you're locked to their stores to use that $10 as opposed to if they just credited your credit/debit card back if you paid that way.:-#

OK, but for any normal person, getting a $10 gift card is better than another $10 coupon code ;). And note that you can STILL use the $10gift card for your online purchases - and it does not conflict with other promo codes. So, in your case, a $10 gift card is still better than another stupid coupon code. Plus, should there ever be a good deal in store, you can use that $10 GC to buy something incognito (like, don't tell them your PUR number).

And I'm assuming if you paid via credit card you'd get refunded via credit card. This is only an issue when paying with an Edge card and in that case getting a gift card back is fine - as long as they don't screw up and send you one for a penny like they did to me. Now, if I had ever in my life been able to get penny guides at GS I'd think maybe that was karma or something. But I've never been able to buy those there...

#40 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

OK, but for any normal person, getting a $10 gift card is better than another $10 coupon code ;). And note that you can STILL use the $10gift card for your online purchases - and it does not conflict with other promo codes. So, in your case, a $10 gift card is still better than another stupid coupon code. Plus, should there ever be a good deal in store, you can use that $10 GC to buy something incognito (like, don't tell them your PUR number).

And I'm assuming if you paid via credit card you'd get refunded via credit card. This is only an issue when paying with an Edge card and in that case getting a gift card back is fine - as long as they don't screw up and send you one for a penny like they did to me. Now, if I had ever in my life been able to get penny guides at GS I'd think maybe that was karma or something. But I've never been able to buy those there...

Considering using the two borked $10 off codes I have from a while ago on a couple orders to be able to get credited for the expired codes. But I think I used them during a glitch a while ago, so they may be invalid either way.;)

Besides which, there's nothing I really need or want on the sale or in general right now. Although if Amazon's Warehouse Deals site doesn't stop sucking on prices sometime soon I may go back to GS for some gaming purchases.:-#

As for buying without my PUR card I have been doing that, even though I didn't want to. Then again that $15 card has been paid for many times over with how much I used to trade to them.;)

Posted Image