Visa Daily Discount: Super Mario Galaxy 2 ($26), Wii Fit Plus ($70) at Amazon

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Visa is giving away discount codes on specific items at Amazon.com every day from now until Christmas to Visa Signature cardholders. Among those items are video games, consoles, BluRays and DVDs.

The deals are announced every day at Noon EST/9 AM PST and they only have a limited number of codes. I've seen some deals sell out in less than two minutes and others last all day without getting sold out.

Just go to the Visa Signature Holiday site:
https://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/holiday.html

Once there, click on the item you want, enter your Visa card number and they'll give you a unique one-time use code. Enter that code during checkout at Amazon to get your discount.

TODAY'S DISCOUNTS (announced at Noon EST/9 AM PST)
$15 off Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $25.99 after coupon
$20 off Wii Fit Plus with balance board - $69.99 after coupon

PREVIOUS DISCOUNTS
$50 off Black Wii w/ Wii Sports Resort - $149.99 after coupon (12/11)
$20 off Wii Fit Plus with balance board - $69.99 after coupon (12/11)
$50 off Black Wii w/ Wii Sports Resort - $149.99 after coupon (12/10)
$15 off Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $24.96 after coupon (12/10)
$15 off Just Dance 2 - $21.99 after coupon (12/9)
$15 off Halo Reach - $32.54 after coupon (12/9)
$50 off Black Wii w/ Wii Sports Resort - $149.99 after coupon (12/8)
$20 off Wii Fit Plus with balance board - $69.99 after coupon (12/8)
$15 off Just Dance 2 - $14.99 after coupon (12/7)
$15 off Halo Reach - $32.99 after coupon (12/7)
$20 off Wii Fit Plus with balance board - $69.99 after coupon (12/7)
$15 off Just Dance 2 - $14.99 after coupon (12/7)
$15 off Beauty and the Beast on BluRay - $8 after coupon (12/7)
$15 off Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $24.96 after coupon (12/5)
$20 off Wii Fit Plus with balance board - $69.99 after coupon (12/5)
$15 off Halo Reach - $24.96 after coupon (12/4)
$50 off Black Wii w/ Wii Sports Resort - $149.99 after coupon (12/4)
$40 off Black Wii w/ Wii Sports Resort - $159.99 after coupon (12/3)
$15 off Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $24.96 after coupon (12/3)
$15 off Just Dance 2 - $24.96 after coupon (12/3)
$20 off Wii Fit Plus with balance board - $69.99 after coupon (12/3)
$15 off Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $24.96 after coupon (12/3)
$15 off Just Dance 2 - $24.96 after coupon (12/2)
$15 off Halo Reach - $24.96 after coupon (12/2)
$15 off Just Dance 2 - $10.96 after coupon (12/1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Mario Galaxy 2 for $25 is right about my price range. May have to give this a try. Too bad Toy Story 3's DVD/BR combo pack is sold out. Would have snagged that for sure for a present.

What's a Visa Signature? Am I right in assuming it's a specific kind of Visa credit card, and that Visa debit cards wouldn't work?

As long as your Visa card says "Visa Signature" on it somewhere, you qualify for the codes. I have an Amazon Visa card and it says "Visa Signature" right in the middle of the card.

Only Just Dance 2 and the Wii Fit Plus Board are left. Everything else is sold out.

That certainly went fast. Didn't have a Visa Signature so unfortunately couldn't have a go with this deal. Woulda been nice though.

They have these same deals every few days so they'll likely be back.

So far I've gotten Just Dance 2 for 10.99, How to Train your Dragon (DVD) for FREE, and Beauty and the Beast Blu for $9.99 from these daily visa sig deals.

I would rather discounts based on what credit card you have go the way of the do-do. Or be extremely limited. Who wants to have to spread their credit rating thin trying to have every card that wants to make its own deal? AmEx, Discover, Visa Signature, Mastercard (Premier?). Then the banks'll get involved. Citibank's, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc, etc.

Then AmEx'll start pushing that you have each kind of their cards. You need a Gold for this deal, a Blue for this deal, a Zync for this deal, and an Extended Payment Option for this one!

Eh. Just give me the deal. I feel like we're headed toward the, "Grocery Store card keychain Effect" but with credit cards and having tons of credit cards sitting out there, let alone applying for them all, is detrimental to your credit rating.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I would rather discounts based on what credit card you have go the way of the do-do. Or be extremely limited. Who wants to have to spread their credit rating thin trying to have every card that wants to make its own deal? AmEx, Discover, Visa Signature, Mastercard (Premier?). Then the banks'll get involved. Citibank's, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc, etc.

Then AmEx'll start pushing that you have each kind of their cards. You need a Gold for this deal, a Blue for this deal, a Zync for this deal, and an Extended Payment Option for this one!

Eh. Just give me the deal. I feel like we're headed toward the, "Grocery Store card keychain Effect" but with credit cards and having tons of credit cards sitting out there, let alone applying for them all, is detrimental to your credit rating.[/QUOTE]

exaggerate much? Jesus..

There's very few specific cc deals out there. If you don't have that credit card oh well, move on to another deal.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I would rather discounts based on what credit card you have go the way of the do-do. Or be extremely limited. Who wants to have to spread their credit rating thin trying to have every card that wants to make its own deal? AmEx, Discover, Visa Signature, Mastercard (Premier?). Then the banks'll get involved. Citibank's, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc, etc.

Eh. Just give me the deal. I feel like we're headed toward the, "Grocery Store card keychain Effect" but with credit cards and having tons of credit cards sitting out there, let alone applying for them all, is detrimental to your credit rating.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should stop looking at it as "I need every deal" and instead as "If I have this specific card I get this deal and loose out on the other deals".

Do you have ANY idea what a business model is?

------

hey OP - do you know if these deals are recycling or do they just leave them up there? I picked up Toy Story 3 yesterday for $13 and they have it up there again today. Was there a fresh batch of codes or do they just keep it up? (Or is it stale because it's saturday?)

Damn, missed Toy Story 3. Been looking for a good price on this for the kids. Hope they have this again, when do new coupons go live each day?

wow they had only a 40.00coupon on the wii bundle just 5-6days ago
And now they increased it to 50.00
a great deal if you can get it.

[quote name='imanerd0011']I'm really hoping they have the Wii for $150 again, as I want to get it for my parents for Christmas.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yes hope they have it on again too, looking to get another wii.

[quote name='grendel19']Damn, missed Toy Story 3. Been looking for a good price on this for the kids. Hope they have this again, when do new coupons go live each day?[/QUOTE]

12pm EST

[quote name='confoosious']Do you have ANY idea what a business model is?

------

hey OP - do you know if these deals are recycling or do they just leave them up there? I picked up Toy Story 3 yesterday for $13 and they have it up there again today. Was there a fresh batch of codes or do they just keep it up? (Or is it stale because it's saturday?)[/QUOTE]

It seems like they use the same items over and over again.

The best deal they had so far for me was Halo Reach for $15 after a $15 coupon on Black Friday and How To Train Your Dragon DVD for free after a $10 coupon when they were matching the Walmart BF price.

Darn really wanted Halo Reach but alas not a single visa signature card from all my visa's and no one I know has one. :( Guess I can keep my money.

[quote name='aaronmills']As long as your Visa card says "Visa Signature" on it somewhere, you qualify for the codes. I have an Amazon Visa card and it says "Visa Signature" right in the middle of the card.[/QUOTE]
Huh, my Amazon Visa doesn't say that. I guess I'm SOL. =(

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Huh, my Amazon Visa doesn't say that. I guess I'm SOL. =([/QUOTE]
Give it a shot, my Amazon Visa worked.

Today's Deals:
Mario Galaxy 2 - $15 off - $25
Wii Fit Plus - $20 off - $70

[quote name='drock']Give it a shot, my Amazon Visa worked.

Today's Deals:
Mario Galaxy 2 - $15 off - $25
Wii Fit Plus - $20 off - $70[/QUOTE]
My Amazon visa didn't work it only has rewards card on it. But I do have another visa card that says "visa signature" so used that to get toy story 3 code. :D

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It seems like they use the same items over and over again.

The best deal they had so far for me was Halo Reach for $15 after a $15 coupon on Black Friday and How To Train Your Dragon DVD for free after a $10 coupon when they were matching the Walmart BF price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bit on Toy Story 3 yesterday at $12-13? and today it's down to $10.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, I bit on Toy Story 3 yesterday at $12-13? and today it's down to $10.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure TS3 was the same price yesterday.

The price increased from $22.99 to $24.99 between 12/3 and 12/4. I think it may have been later in the evening on Dec. 3rd. Monster Inc went up about a couple dollars around that time too.

I was happy about the $23 until I realized they also upped the VISA coupon to $15 the next day. :wall:

Amazon and their pricing mind games made me jump on another copy of TS3 to gift so I could complete the trilogy with TS2 before any other screwy prices take hold. Pwned.

Man, missed this today!

I could've used the discount on the wii fit, would've been a great gift at that price.

[quote name='VidPower']Anyone try this with a regular Visa card? None of mine says Visa Signature on it.[/QUOTE]
I have a regular amazon visa card and it didn't work.

Wow. Would definitely pick up SMG2 for $25.

Just found out about this and it's sold out for the day. My Amazon Visa doesn't have any "Visa Signature" on it, but it seemed to work when I tested it on LOST dvds.

How fast do these sell out BTW?

If it says Visa Signature on your card, it should work. If it doesn't, it's because the code is going out of stock as your attempting to get it. This happened to me yesterday.

there's also some browser funkiness going on. I kept getting errors with Firefox. Switched to IE and it worked.

Just tried my Amazon Visa, which DOESN'T have "Visa Signature" anywhere on it, and it worked. Does that mean I have a Visa Signature or is it a bug in their system. LOL

Many Amazon Visa cards were converted to Amazon Visa Signature cards. I got a replacement for mine about a year or so ago. It's possible that those with cards that haven't expired haven't gotten one that says Signature on it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Many Amazon Visa cards were converted to Amazon Visa Signature cards. I got a replacement for mine about a year or so ago. It's possible that those with cards that haven't expired haven't gotten one that says Signature on it.[/QUOTE]

Ah that would make sense, but in my case I just became a new member and received my card like 3 days ago. Maybe they ran out of the "Visa Signature" cards? haha.

[quote name='egonpax']Ah that would make sense, but in my case I just became a new member and received my card like 3 days ago. Maybe they ran out of the "Visa Signature" cards? haha.[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for maybe a year or so. I think I got it last December but it may have been the summer before, they were giving $40 off instead of the normal $30. I've tried IE and Firefox and neither work, so it's not all Amazon Visa cards.

[quote name='pROvIs']I've had mine for maybe a year or so. I think I got it last December but it may have been the summer before, they were giving $40 off instead of the normal $30. I've tried IE and Firefox and neither work, so it's not all Amazon Visa cards.[/QUOTE]

Ah cool. Yeah I just applied during BF weekend with the $40 promo also, but should have done it BEFORE but didn't think about it until afterwards :wall:

Updated with today's deals:

Just Dance 2 ($15)
Halo Reach ($33) - up a couple bucks from the previous deal
Wii Fit Plus with balance board ($70)

You can also get Shrek Forever After on DVD for $6.99 after coupon. It won't work on the DVD/BluRay combo - only the single disc DVD version.

Here's a coupon code for Shrek: N389-JQ93RA-YEN62M

All the Shrek codes are gone on the Visa site so please post if you use this one.

Aw man. I was looking forward to Halo Reach for $25 like it went for previously... but for $33 I'm going to have to pass.

EDIT: I wonder what the possibilty is that Amazon will drop the price later or tomorrow since the promo codes last until 12/8 @ 11:59PM?

[quote name='aaronmills']Here's a coupon code for Shrek: N389-JQ93RA-YEN62M[/QUOTE]
Thanks - I used this code.

Really wanted the blu-ray version but for $6.99, the DVD version will work for a gift.

I've decided not to use the Halo: Reach code for $15 off.
If any one wants it, PM me. It expires tonight Wed 12/8 @ 11:59PM.

rdao12 claimed it! :)

Decided not to buy Shrek Forever After, so I've got a Shrek $10 off DVD code from yesterday if anyone wants it. It expires tonight.

YMMV, but there were some complaints that these Shrek codes weren't working because they were redeemed (even though they weren't used). You can give it a go. I've never used it.

bread's done
Back