The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXIV - 5 for $20 on $9.99 and under Blu-Rays

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3350 replies to this topic

#3331 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Mario Kart DS is 24.99... but the store associate I dealt with today informed me that it MIGHT go down to 9.99...?

Either way, I've got some games on hold, though some little bitch has my Galaxy that I was gonna flip... and my Mario Party 8 vanished. lol

Tomorrow will be fun I'm sure.

Wow such self entitled comments that game is not yours and your arrogance is amazing, don't pollute this cite with your terrible comments no one wants to hear them.

#3332 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

I did some scouting at my local bbv and there's a ton of eligible games. Fallout new vegas here I come.

#3333 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

I also did some scouting, and I couldn't find ANY games that were priced $14.99 and under. I'm hoping that they're just getting them ready for the sale tomorrow.

#3334 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

Most do, but there also are employees that think you're trying to "game the system" and will argue. Guess it depends on how good your local store is.

At which point you ask them for 2 separate transactions and watch them do nothing about it. I hate Jr. Detectives.

Or you could start calling the District Manager and watch them quickly change their minds :p. The number is usually behind the counter on a huge poster.

#3335 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

Two stores in my area. A buddy of mine works at one, and is holding a couple games for me.

What are the odds a random employee at another store will hold titles for me? Is that a common practice, or just one of those "you gotta ask" kinda things?

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#3336 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Most do, but there also are employees that think you're trying to "game the system" and will argue. Guess it depends on how good your local store is.

While this sounds like a bitch thing to do... for the employees like that, just choose to buy one 14.99 game and one 9.99 game.. then walk out... and circle back inside to buy the other two. They cannot prevent the sale, and if they attempt to, you can report them for it.
MLIFTgM.gif

#3337 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Two stores in my area. A buddy of mine works at one, and is holding a couple games for me.

What are the odds a random employee at another store will hold titles for me? Is that a common practice, or just one of those "you gotta ask" kinda things?

When I used to work there, we would hold titles for people that asked. That was usually 1 or 2 titles max, though. We wouldn't hold 10+ items for people, so don't get too crazy.

#3338 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Or, rather than the other suggestions, you can just tell them that you need these on two separate receipts because two of the games are for gifts.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#3339 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, the employee's here are pretty damn nice too. One of them let me look through the games they hadnt put out on the floor yet, and held like 4 of them for me.

Wish i had a chance to check out the stores today, gonna have to wake up super early tommorow <_<.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3340 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

oh cmon, quit having employees hold stuff for ya. make it fair for the rest of us who gotta get there at 10 and hope they have it in stock ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3341 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

oh cmon, quit having employees hold stuff for ya. make it fair for the rest of us who gotta get there at 10 and hope they have it in stock ;)

:applause:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3342 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

I have class from 10am-12pm.

Leave some games for me!!!

Now Playing:

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix // Grand Theft Auto V

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Fall

#3343 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

Are you only counting Best Buy and Gamestop for places to flip the games to? If so, then you have not found the location(s) giving cash for some of these sale games yet.;)

Actually, i dont even trade in to Gamestop anymore (Or atleast rarely). Though, pretty much only other places i deal with are Best Buy, Toys R Us, and some other local stores.

Either way, i checked out 3 locations today. First one had jack squat, second one had a few decent ones i wanted for my collection (EA MMA, Lost Planet 2, and quite a few other 9.99 games). 3rd store had a ton of games (Mostly Wii/DS games, but a few good PS3/360 games), and also looked like they had a huge shelf of stuff behind thier registers that they were going to convert.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3344 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

I have class from 10am-12pm.

Leave some games for me!!!

tell that to the people at slickdeals also...already posted on there so more competition.

http://slickdeals.ne...d.php?t=2953093

#3345 ploppsdman

ploppsdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

I can't find anything good to flip to pay for the games I want ... new vegas is already toast on best buy, down to around 9. I don't understand why I didn't lock that in when it was 20. Stupid.

#3346 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

Not game related but more movie sales for memorial day weekend. Each store is supposed to get approx 1500 pre viewed movies this week. Prices start at $4.99 on friday, $3.99 sat., $2.99 sun. and $.99 on mon.

Was informed today on our weekly call that we will run another b1g1 on 4th of July weekend. Hope they plan on sending more games as most stores probably won't have much after this sale.

#3347 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

Awesome! Will this sale include BDs?

#3348 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

I've never had a real problem with employees willing to do separate transactions for two $14.99 games and two $9.99 games. I usually just ask them up front if they are willing to do that because I'd like to buy all 4 games but obviously want to spend less. The only time I ever had someone say no and be a dick about it I said "ok, well I'll just take these two" bough and paid for them, put them in my car, walked back in and took the other 2 up to the counter and acted like I hadn't just been in there. You know what I mean, "Hi, how are you?" as I walked up smiling. Thought her head was going to explode but she rang it up without making even a tiny fuss.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#3349 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

Awesome! Will this sale include BDs?

No just regular DVD's.

#3350 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

Not game related but more movie sales for memorial day weekend. Each store is supposed to get approx 1500 pre viewed movies this week. Prices start at $4.99 on friday, $3.99 sat., $2.99 sun. and $.99 on mon.

Was informed today on our weekly call that we will run another b1g1 on 4th of July weekend. Hope they plan on sending more games as most stores probably won't have much after this sale.

Great news. Just came from my local BBV, and that bad boy is stocked. Less PS3 than I'd like, but a pretty good selection nonetheless. Only problem I seem to run into is stuff not priced correctly, but I have a pretty good idea about what qualifies.
Hawaiiboy, can you tell me if Splatterhouse or Enslaved qualify? Seems like they would be at $15 by now, but can't really tell.

#3351 io

io

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

New thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295416