Staples Clearance Games

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Prices are nation-wide, so just get them scanned. Stock varies as usual.

Battlefield Bad Company 2(PS3/Xbox) - $17.97
Dragon Age: Origins(PS3/Xbox?) - $17.97
Alan Wake(Xbox) - $17.97
Heavy Rain(PS3) - $17.97
Red Steel 2 /w Motion Plus(Wii) - $17.97
Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics(Wii) - $17.97
Blur(PS3/Xbox) - $22.97
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum(DS) - $9.97
Zelda - Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks(DS) - $9.97
AC2 Brotherhood(DS/PSP) - $3.97
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters(PSP) - $3.97
GTA: China town wars(PSP) - $3.97
Secret agent Clank(PSP) - $3.97
Grand Slam Tennis (Wii) - $6.97
Fifa 10 (PS3) - $9.97
Uncharted 2(PS3) - $17.97
MAG(PS3) - $17.97
Resistance 2(PS3) - $9.97
killzone 2(PS3) - $9.97
Mass Effect - French(360) - $0.01
Crackdown 2(PS3/360) - 17.97
UFC 2010 (PS3/360) - $17.47
Bioshock 2(PS3) - $17.47
Red Dead Remption(PS3/Xbox) - $39.97
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa(PS3/Xbox)- $17.47

Might pick up Heavy Rain for a friend new to PS3 gaming, thanks LP.

I'd pick up FIFA 2010 but I sucked soooo badly at the demo I don't think I should bother. And I remember being so good at FIFA 94 for the PC, but now :whistle2:#

BTW, I don't think Crackdown 2 exists for the PS3

Sounds like a great sale, I'll check if I pass by one tomorrow... Actually I didn't even know staple did sell games..

At Staples Gare Centrale you will find:
UFC 2010 360 17.47$ x2
Lost Planet 2 360 17.47$
Dragon Age Origins 360 17.47$ x2
Blur 360 22.97$
Lego Harry Potter PSP 17.47$
And Bioshock 2 both consoles (lots of)

Im sharing exclusively here. Hopefully someone not hoarding can benefit. I didnt pick up anything myself.

Wow, thanks so much Lone_Prodigy. I came away with Alan Wake and Crackdown 2. The guy took an additional 25% off, so I got them each for $13.10! These were the last copies.

Dang. Someone must've cleaned out the nearest store before I could take a break to go check. Oh well - the only thing I really wanted was Red Steel 2 w/M+, and they were down to one copy in stock last week. Not much of a surprise that it's gone fast.
:)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']At Staples Gare Centrale you will find:
UFC 2010 360 17.47$ x2
Lost Planet 2 360 17.47$
Blur 360 22.97$

Im sharing exclusively here. Hopefully someone not hoarding can benefit. I didnt pick up anything myself.[/QUOTE]

They all scan at their regular 'special' prices....employees unaware of clearance sale!

very strange! this might be YMMV!!! unless they havent received the memo yet....LOL!

I passed by all the downtown locations in Montreal, Atwater had a few copies of Lost Planet 2, Bioshock 2, a copy of Blur, and Alan Wake (French only! I grabbed a copy, then walking towards the cash I realized it was only in french), Halo Wars, Darksiders and I picked up a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 for 17.97. South of bonaventure, they had a few copies of Lost Planet 2, and a few PS3 games. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cthulhu8u']BTW, I don't think Crackdown 2 exists for the PS3[/QUOTE]

Don't shoot the copy-paster. ;)

Credit goes to Wildarm from RFD.

[quote name='dossantosc']They all scan at their regular 'special' prices....employees unaware of clearance sale!

very strange! this might be YMMV!!! unless they havent received the memo yet....LOL![/QUOTE]

Well the tag on the game were wrong but the one on the display shelf was right. Anyhow someone said its been cleaned out.

UFC 2010 360 17.47$ x2
Lost Planet 2 360 17.47$
Blur 360 22.97$

Im sharing exclusively here. Hopefully someone not hoarding can benefit. I didnt pick up anything myself.[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for Bad Company 2 :(. Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Well the tag on the game were wrong but the one on the display shelf was right. Anyhow someone said its been cleaned out.[/QUOTE]

Staples @ the Gare is definately NOT cleaned out! just came from there.... and this clearance is 100% YMMV...as always the employee there told me its @ Manager's discretion!

Dragon Age is still there (2 copies...scans @ $39.97)
UFC Undisputed... still there
Brutal Legend
Fifa 10
a few others....!

Blur is gone!

i didnt buy anything...just happy to share the info!

Hmmm I should have been more observant, haha, I must have missed them, the layouts and placement of the liquidation stock varies from store to store sometimes. anyways!

One other thing I totally forgot, at Gare Central, there was a few copeis of DJ Hero, I forget which console, but it was 29.99 + an additional 25% discount off the price... so a good deal for those looking. I didn't pick one up because I've got a set of 1200's... so. :D

Thanks Lone_Prodigy I finally bought Alan Wake :)

This game needed a new title or at least a sub title.

Staples Store theater:
(Setting: browsing the video game section)
Sales Person 1: Are You looking for something?
Me: Yes, Alan Wake
Sales Person 1: Blank Stare
Me: It's a video game called Alan Wake.
Sales Person 1: Oh...JT please help this lady. She's looking for something called Alan Wake.
Sales Person 2: Who's Alan Wake?
Me: It's not a person. It's a video game called Alan Wake.
Sales Person 2: Blank stare
Me: For the 360.
Me: It's a survival game you play a writer called Alan Wake. What he writes about comes true and his wife's gone missing.
Sales Person 2: We probably don't have it. I don't remember it.
(Oh boy this guy doesn't think this game even exist)
Me: Ah... I've seen it at other staples stores. The store on Merivale Rd had it last week.
Sales Person 2: Okay lets see then if it over here with these other games.
I look through the games.
Me: This is the game right here. See it's called Alan Wake. This is what I'm looking for. (I'm not crazy)
Happily buys game and leaves the store.
End scene

Any word on the Ottawa locations, specifically Innes Road? I'm looking for a copy of World Cup South Africa if it's available...

Anyone thinking they are all sold out, give it a try.

I checked today for SSBB and the Pickering location had 2.. hidden in back that they werent even aware of. Its best if you call with a SKU and if they say 'oos' ask for surrounding area inventory levels.

Picked up Brawl for 9.97+ tx = $

11You never know if you dont try.

Saw MAG, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 at the Staples across Sherway Gardens today, but no Heavy Rain. There is plenty of snow though!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thanks Lone_Prodigy I finally bought Alan Wake :)

This game needed a new title or at least a sub title.

Staples Store theater:
(Setting: browsing the video game section)
Sales Person 1: Are You looking for something?
Me: Yes, Alan Wake
Sales Person 1: Blank Stare
Me: It's a video game called Alan Wake.
Sales Person 1: Oh...JT please help this lady. She's looking for something called Alan Wake.
Sales Person 2: Who's Alan Wake?
Me: It's not a person. It's a video game called Alan Wake.
Me: For the 360.
Me: It's a survival game you play a writer called Alan Wake. What he writes about comes true and his wife's gone missing.
Sales Person 2: We probably don't have it. I don't remember it.
(Oh boy this guy doesn't think this game even exist)
Me: Ah... I've seen it at other staples stores. The store on Merivale Rd had it last week.
Sales Person 2: Okay lets see then if it over here with these other games.
I look through the games.
Me: This is the game right here. See it's called Alan Wake. This is what I'm looking for. (I'm not crazy)
Happily buys game and leaves the store.
End scene[/QUOTE]

Pretty good story, I will have to swing by my Staples to try this out! :lol:

The guy at the staples I went to mentioned this massive gaming clearnance sale will be advertised in the flyer on the 15th.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Thanks Lone_Prodigy I finally bought Alan Wake :)
[/QUOTE]

Hey Zelda, did you happen to see Heavy Rain or Smash Bros.?

Last edited by a moderator:
UFC 2010 360 17.47$ x2
Lost Planet 2 360 17.47$
Dragon Age Origins 360 17.47$ x2 (not on sale)
Blur 360 22.97$

[/QUOTE]

Update on this, I passed by afer work curious to see. Bold game are gone (or not on sale) Its definitely cleaned out.

Picked up:
Dante's Inferno
Lost Planet 2
Pokemon Platinum
Gran Turismo PSP
Ratchet PSP
China Town Wars PSP
Darkstalkers

at 130th SE location in Calgary.

There were plenty of shifts, RDRs, blurs, and a bunch of 360 games that I didn't look through still. Be aware that they gut the games there, but the price stickers come off easily. If the case has a 'display copy' sticker though, it takes a bit more convincing.

Absolutely nothing at Shawnessy Staples.

December 8th

I made a trip to 3 staples in the region of Laval

Got Resistance 2, Dante's Inferno, 2x rb lego, Brutal Legends and Avatar

Here is what I saw Left for the ps3

1) Val Des Brises

Avatar, BLur Red dead, BBC2,Dragon Age,resistance 2, Bioshock 2, Saboteur, Lost Planet 2.

2)Centre Laval
Mag

3)Carrefour Laval
SSF4, Dantes, MW2, Lost Planet 2, Tekken 6, Lego Rock band, Dragon Age, Blur, Killzone 2, Saboteur, Bioshock 2, WWe 2010.

All the rest was gone.

Try this.
- if they've put Blur's 50% price on a ticket on a shelf (22.97) take the ticket from the shelf
- get an employee to follow you to the clearance table where Blur is (or whatever clearance game available)
-22.97 is the lowest price so point out that you should get 1/2 off of that (even though its obvious they were just pre-emptively providing the 50% off of the 39.99 on the shelf ticket)

Worked for me and I got Bioshock 2 and Blur for $8.73 and $11.48 respectively. (Also she gave me Crackdown 2 for 1/2 off $17.47 but I think I got lucky with that)

What really drives me crazy is that those clearances is that they don't match up from store to store. At one place you can find a game that is 9.97 and it might be 29.99 at the second store !
YMMV indeed !

You might want to know that I saw DJ Hero (1) bundled with the turntable for 30$. I still don't know if it is a good deal but it is tempting...

Staples at Morningside in Scarborough is pretty much cleared out. Call of Duty 2, Lost Planet 2, and Professor Layton and te Diabolical Box. Saw one copy of Lego Rock Band for PS3 for $3.97. There was also Resident Evil 5 (360) for $10 and Red Dead Redemption (both systems) for $39.97.

Staples in Oliver Square (Edmonton) had a few decent titles available earlier this afternoon. Crackdown 2 and Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) were the main titles. They also had The Saboteur for $9.xx for PS3 as well. I didn't pick up anything, but was tempted by Crackdown 2.

[quote name='craig64']Staples in Oliver Square (Edmonton) had a few decent titles available earlier this afternoon. Crackdown 2 and Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) were the main titles. They also had The Saboteur for $9.xx for PS3 as well. I didn't pick up anything, but was tempted by Crackdown 2.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Craig, don't suppose you saw Saboteur for 360 as well?

I managed to grab Alan Wake and Dragon Age Origins (PS3) at the Heartland Staples in Mississauga. I checked a few other Stores, Argentia, and Appleby line. Neither had any of the games on the list.
I truly wanted Heavy Rain but sadly I could not find it anywhere. For anyone near Heartland they had one copy of Dragon Age Origins for the 360 left as of this afternoon.

[quote name='GTAERgameing']Where should i look to find the games if they had any? All i find was some dvds and cds.[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of stores don't have their game stock on display because too much gets stolen. My advice is to ask someone who works there if they have the game you're looking for in stock, it's probably in the backstore.

[quote name='matsam']I know a lot of stores don't have their game stock on display because too much gets stolen. My advice is to ask someone who works there if they have the game you're looking for in stock, it's probably in the backstore.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info.

[quote name='fokkerfan']I checked the Staples in Calgary at Market Mall. Nothing on sale at all![/QUOTE]
Did you ask them to scan the price?

Quick note: Found some games on clearance sale at Staples in Brampton ON (Shopper's World). Thought the place had been cleaned out, but they either got new stock or pulled extra games from out back. I bought Red Steel 2 w/M+ for $18, and left a copy of Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles there at $10. Might be other games worth grabbing, but I needed to keep moving.

what do you think of my chances calling the stores I've tried calling places like Wal-Mart and long story short it doesn't work.

[quote name='Wolfkin']what do you think of my chances calling the stores I've tried calling places like Wal-Mart and long story short it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Might work better than dropping by.

The clerk mentioned that she had looked at clearance games 2 days ago, and the one I was buying wasn't there at that point... so maybe calling for a stock check would help to see if games are available but still out back?

bread's done
Back