theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

$50 or bust :P

pretty good price if i wasn't so broke from Amazon :(

#32 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

Nice :) . Thanks, I might get one.

Dont make a mistake like that.

#33 serg0

serg0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Just got one for six dollars after trading some games in. Any way I can check to see if I can get the three free games?

#34 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Just got one for six dollars after trading some games in. Any way I can check to see if I can get the three free games?

Just register the system and wait for an email from Sony. Assuming the prior owner didn't register the system, you should be fine.

#35 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

anyone got the link to a used psp go on GS's website

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#36 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

anyone got the link to a used psp go on GS's website

Not available online. B&M only.

#37 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

Good point, i should have read the thread closer. Gamestop's site makes it tough to navigate, I wanted to at least check my local stores to see if they had any used ones in stock

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#38 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

I don't know why I always jump into Go threads to defend it, but it really is a nice device. I like it a lot.

But, keep in mind that you can't play Lumines, Kingdom Hearts, or Invizimals on it. You will also miss out on clearance UMDs (although PSN has its own sales pretty often). So if those stipulations matter to you as little as they did to me, you'll love the Go.

#39 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

This seems like a pretty good price despite it only allowing you to play downloadable games. I have a psp 1000 with a cracked screen (and no games) which I plan on fixing myself, but now im wondering if I should just get the used go instead. :/

#40 czissis

czissis

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

$99 is definitely the best price I've seen but I still can't pull the trigger until I stumble on one for dirt cheap.

I love the size and feel, but I already have a Fat and can't justify the Go.

#41 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

Hm, if I can find one in almost flawless condition, I'd definitely pick one up for this price.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#42 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

This proves Sony completely went off the rails when they priced the Go at $250. People are even holding off at $99 heheh
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#43 elitewillie

elitewillie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

Just called my local GS and they are NOT selling them used for $99. They are asking for $150. Yeah right!!! lol

#44 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

hey guys if i buy, can i return it and get full refund? or is that policy only for games?

#45 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

$99 is definitely the best price I've seen but I still can't pull the trigger until I stumble on one for dirt cheap.

I love the size and feel, but I already have a Fat and can't justify the Go.

You do know that the PSP-3000 and PSPGo both have brighter, more colorful screens? Big improvements over the Phat screen; I know, I have all three of the regular PSP versions, just not a PSPGo yet.

#46 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:27 AM

I'll buy one when I can get it for $49 and 3 free games. :)

#47 Vampjoe

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:58 AM

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

The person who made this forum lied to us.....:bomb:

No, I bought one Sunday for $99. The new ones are for $150 now.

When you call make sure you ask for the SKU 909041

#48 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:46 AM

No, I bought one Sunday for $99. The new ones are for $150 now.

When you call make sure you ask for the SKU 909041

Are you on crack? New PSP Go's are $199. Sure there were BB/Amazon sales for $150, but there were no new PSP Go's for $150 at GS.

#49 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:07 AM

Still too high for me too
They should have thought more about all of us with a slew of umds I'm not paying to have games I own in a download for a mobile device
A simple conversion system of some type would have remedied the issue

#50 Vampjoe

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

Are you on crack? New PSP Go's are $199. Sure there were BB/Amazon sales for $150, but there were no new PSP Go's for $150 at GS.

No I'm not on crack, new PSPGo's are part of the Power Saver sale for $150, I was mistaken that the sale had already started for the new ones though.

#51 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

No I'm not on crack, new PSPGo's are part of the Power Saver sale for $150, I was mistaken that the sale had already started for the new ones though.

still doubting this is true. Im going up there in a bit ill ask while im there... but i'd be OP is wrong
Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

$100 is not a steal, after all you can't play UMDs so you end up paying for more

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#53 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

I think the OP could put a lot of doubters to rest with a simple scan of his receipt so some of us can save time/trips to Gamestop looking for these.

#54 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

EDIT! Confirmed, they are 99. Just went to my local gs/eb and asked the manager!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 czissis

czissis

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

You do know that the PSP-3000 and PSPGo both have brighter, more colorful screens? Big improvements over the Phat screen; I know, I have all three of the regular PSP versions, just not a PSPGo yet.

I know the advantages, but its still a hard sell for me.

#56 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

I went last night and used my credit to pick up a pspgo! First impressions are pretty good! The last psp I had was a 1000 model which was bulky and heavy. This is light and fits comfortably in my pocket. As a bonus, the used system that I bought came with an additional 16 GB memory card! I think the previous owner left it in there and Gamestop didn't think to check for it.

Thanks again OP!

#57 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

As a bonus, the used system that I bought came with an additional 16 GB memory card! I think the previous owner left it in there and Gamestop didn't think to check for it.

Thanks again OP!

Now that's a killer deal!
Those M2 cards aren't cheap. Nice find!
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#58 lunker

lunker

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

Does anyone know how the account activations work on used PSPs? I know that I won't be able to snag the 3 free games with a new Go, but if a used Go still has a game or two in the internal memory, and then I sync the Go to my existing PSN account to throw my own purchases on there, would the older games still be playable?

I think I'm going to hunt around and see if I can find one of these bad boys today.

#59 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

Does anyone know how the account activations work on used PSPs? I know that I won't be able to snag the 3 free games with a new Go, but if a used Go still has a game or two in the internal memory, and then I sync the Go to my existing PSN account to throw my own purchases on there, would the older games still be playable?

I think I'm going to hunt around and see if I can find one of these bad boys today.

That's a problem. If there happen to be any games activated on the system, they will only function as long as the system remains as is. The minute you activate the system using your PSN id, those games become unplayable.
If you like the games, play them until you finish them. Then, activate using your PSN id.

The chances of finding a system with active games are slim, but hey somebody appears to have found a system with a 16G card still in it. So, you never know.

I know the last used DS XL I bought, came with a 8GB SD card in it, so you can (in theory, and practice) get lucky.

#60 ForeStorm

ForeStorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

I'd really like to upgrade from my 1000 model (to a Go, even, because I like the hardware), but I don't feel like buying Dissidia over PSN again. And (last I checked), you can't play the new Kingdom Hearts because Disney didn't do digital, so they only offered it on UMD.

:/ The UMD-less thing is nice thought, but it seems really poorly executed.