Photo
- - - - -

$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#61 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

That's a problem. If there happen to be any games activated on the system, they will only function as long as the system remains as is. The minute you activate the system using your PSN id, those games become unplayable.
If you like the games, play them until you finish them. Then, activate using your PSN id.

The chances of finding a system with active games are slim, but hey somebody appears to have found a system with a 16G card still in it. So, you never know.

I know the last used DS XL I bought, came with a 8GB SD card in it, so you can (in theory, and practice) get lucky.

How much do used XL's go for at Gamestop? $150?

#62 SkyBird

SkyBird

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

If you are considering a PspGO, just check to make sure the games you want are available digitally; that's what made me choose the 3000. For example, Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Some of the Ys games (I think only Ys seven is downloadable)...anyhoo there are lots more. Just check first. And don't forget that "Playstation phone" :P

EDIT: oh, and I think they use slightly different memory sticks, so I don't know if you can transfer saves :(

#63 lunker

lunker

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

That's a problem. If there happen to be any games activated on the system, they will only function as long as the system remains as is. The minute you activate the system using your PSN id, those games become unplayable.
If you like the games, play them until you finish them. Then, activate using your PSN id.

The chances of finding a system with active games are slim, but hey somebody appears to have found a system with a 16G card still in it. So, you never know.

I know the last used DS XL I bought, came with a 8GB SD card in it, so you can (in theory, and practice) get lucky.

I figured as much. I've been occasionally lurking eBay and Craigslist for used Go units, and most every listing includes a bunch of the games they've downloaded to jack up the price, which I have no use for. :( Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Just bought a white Go for $99! I can post a receipt if anyone really wants super-concrete evidence. Only downside is that the one I have didn't come with the USB cable (did come with charger), but I've seen some for under 5 bucks on Amazon. And holy crap, I just checked the games list, and the previous owner bought Chains of Olympus and a ton of PS1 games! Crap, I really want to keep these now. :(

Edited by lunker, 08 December 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#64 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

I figured as much. I've been occasionally lurking eBay and Craigslist for used Go units, and most every listing includes a bunch of the games they've downloaded to jack up the price, which I have no use for. :( Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Just bought a white Go for $99! I can post a receipt if anyone really wants super-concrete evidence. Only downside is that the one I have didn't come with the USB cable (did come with charger), but I've seen some for under 5 bucks on Amazon. And holy crap, I just checked the games list, and the previous owner bought Chains of Olympus and a ton of PS1 games! Crap, I really want to keep these now. :(

The power cable is the usb cable as well...

#65 lunker

lunker

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Oh my god. I'm an idiot. Thank you. :oops:

#66 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

I lost mine and every store I go to doesn't seem to have them. Odd.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#67 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

a $99 PSPGo is tempting as I don't own a PSP (sold mine a while back), but I really don't need to be spending any money right now...And with the announcement of the PSP2 and the 3DS coming in March, I feel that the go will keep dropping in price...

also, does the PSP Go have any sort of memory built in or do you need a memory stick duo to do anything?

#68 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

also, does the PSP Go have any sort of memory built in or do you need a memory stick duo to do anything?

It has 16 GB (really 14 GB) of internal space.

#69 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:01 PM

What significant games are not available for download but are on disk for the PSP besides Kingdom Hearts?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#70 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

^ I could never find a direct answer, but I do know some of the PSP games not currently available on the Playstation Network:
Lumines, Lumines II, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

The original Bomberman on PSP was for awhile not available until recently. I've been considering to pick up the Metal Gear Solid Digital Novel.

I want that Silent Hill graphic/digital, think it was called Silent Hill Experience. Not sure if it is there on PSN or not.

#71 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:39 AM

So is that 3 free game promotion thing for any Go you register? Works with these used ones as well?

#72 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

So is that 3 free game promotion thing for any Go you register? Works with these used ones as well?

hmm im wondering this as well, i just registered the used one i bought last night.. anyone knows let me know id be loving that!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 Mr Ostrich

Mr Ostrich

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:14 AM

I'll believe it when I see it but as of right now there's no way I'd trade my PSP 1000 for a PSPgo and give up all of my SNES, NES and GB games.

Its a full on kernal exploit, the current status is that it is 'coming soon' and it is out to certain members of the modding community (i'm not one of them though). I know one of the guys that has it and he says its the real deal, i think what the wait is now is a chess game in terms of OFW version and CFW versions with Sony.

#74 fuerstma

fuerstma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

I'm interest in Ys... but from the Wiki page of downloadable games shows that all the Ys games are downloadable.... is this page not right?

http://en.wikipedia...._Portable_games

#75 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

I'm interest in Ys... but from the Wiki page of downloadable games shows that all the Ys games are downloadable.... is this page not right?

http://en.wikipedia...._Portable_games

No Atlus is quite good about putting their games for download. Square Enix is the only one with the problem.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#76 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

New dropped to $150. Might just buy a new one if I cant find a used one in flawless condition.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#77 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

New dropped to $150. Might just buy a new one if I cant find a used one in flawless condition.

Wonder if this might become a universal price drop soon. Hope other stores take effect and I'll pick up a new one. I personally wouldn't get a used one because of the 3 free games offer, which can only be claimed once per PSPGo, once someone else registers it you can't get the 3 free games with it.

#78 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

Wonder if this might become a universal price drop soon. Hope other stores take effect and I'll pick up a new one. I personally wouldn't get a used one because of the 3 free games offer, which can only be claimed once per PSPGo, once someone else registers it you can't get the 3 free games with it.

I'm hoping for $150 as the new MSRP, but mostly to take advantage of the Carl's Jr coupon!

-

#79 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

What is the Carl's Jr. coupon? Is there a Hardee's coupon too?

#80 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

What is the Carl's Jr. coupon? Is there a Hardee's coupon too?

Carls Jr coupon is a $50 off coupon that works at target for the PSPGo.

#81 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

I wonder if these sales and coupon are the retailers' way of saying to Sony, "We're looking to get rid of this particular product"
Posted Image

#82 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

I don't mean to bump a buried thread, but I just picked up a used go for $99. The thing about it was that the employee at the gamestop said they were 149.99 when I called. However when I went to the store, I told the employee about the price and she checked and she seemed surprised that it was actually $99. Another weird thing was that when I bought a used 3000 two days ago They gave me a free two year warranty. I then returned the 3000 in order to get the go. When I returned it they credited me for the warranty (she then gave me another free warranty on the go). I ended up netting extra credit.

#83 Jedah Doma

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

Yea, I bought a PSP Go over lunch today. As one of the other posters said, I was surprised to get a free one year warranty. I'm not sure why, I just got it. Is GS doing some sort of promotion that gives you a free warranty? Either way, it's a cool bonus.
Posted Image

#84 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:36 AM

hey guys im planning to get one tomorrow. so for those who bought one used, is it refurbished? like with little/no scratches? and do they come with pre-loaded games?
i dont have a PSN account since i dont have/had a ps3 or previous version of psp

#85 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

hey guys im planning to get one tomorrow. so for those who bought one used, is it refurbished? like with little/no scratches? and do they come with pre-loaded games?
i dont have a PSN account since i dont have/had a ps3 or previous version of psp

If there's anything on it, I doubt it will work since whoever had it before you will have probably deactivated it. Although if there is stuff on it, you won't be able to use it once you log into the PSN with your own account.

#86 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Has anyone had luck getting the three games with a used go, and if so how long did it take to get the email. I'm still not sure if i even registered it right.

#87 B.K.

B.K.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Is $99 a permanent price for the Go used or will it go back to $149 after the Power Saver sale is over and the price of a new Go goes back to $199?

#88 Midnite

Midnite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

As a part timer at GS the new Go's will go back to $200 after this week from what I'm told. As for the $100 used price I think it's staying.

#89 Perromalvado

Perromalvado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Long time reader, first time poster!

I just came back from Target and they price matched the gamestop 149.99 price and accepted my 50 dollars off coupon I got at carls. Minus my 100 dollar gift card for signing up with att I ended up paying 8.25 out of my pocket.

Gamestop ad's runs till today (I think) so go to your local target and try to price match, and use the coupon good luck.

#90 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Long time reader, first time poster!

I just came back from Target and they price matched the gamestop 149.99 price and accepted my 50 dollars off coupon I got at carls. Minus my 100 dollar gift card for signing up with att I ended up paying 8.25 out of my pocket.

Gamestop ad's runs till today (I think) so go to your local target and try to price match, and use the coupon good luck.

Oh snap, I should try that.

Ive always had problems pricematching at Target because they need a physical ad.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.