NIER - $14.99 Brand New at Gamestop!! BUY THIS GAME

Got this game around the time of it's release on the Xbox 360, and I enjoyed it a lot. Traded it away after completing it but for this price I wouldn't mind picking it back up on the PS3. Definitely worth it.

Edit: It's also $14.99 on the Xbox 360 as well. May want to add that to the title OP.

Is this online only? Can anyone confirm if it's brick and mortar as well?

If no one does I will when I go to work the WoW launch tonight.

EDIT: Double checked that other thread. Looks like it's brick and mortar stores as well :)

Buy 2 Get 1 Free this weekend. Nier/Crystal Chronicles/somethin else for me.

played a few hours and dealt with a very sparse and uninspired dungeon in that weird factory place, along with tons of fetch quests. It was pretty horrible.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']The exclamation marks and your demand in the title is unnecessary[/QUOTE]

So is your comment. And this one.

I like the demand to buy it, but I already picked it up when KMart dropped it to $20. Can I be exempted from your order?

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']The exclamation marks and your demand in the title is unnecessary[/QUOTE]

Who gives a shit, he is sharing a great deal. Throw on another exclamation mark for kicks. As long as he keeps posting deals, we all win.

Good price, but I don't buy anything from Gamestop. Period... I'll wait for a gamefly used deal or amazon price match.

[quote name='AceBB6']Who gives a shit, he is sharing a great deal. Throw on another exclamation mark for kicks. As long as he keeps posting deals, we all win.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. -1 to that guy who whined about the "!!"

Picked it up used last night, for $13. Store didnt have it new, next store I went to (to look for Star Ocean) had it new $14.99.

I wonder why all of the reviews are bad? I've never heard of this game, so all I have to go off of are the reviews.

I just started the farming for items portion that is necessary for the platinum and it is boring as fuck.

However, the main game is awesome, especially the music, like the OP stated. By the way, all the fetch quests are entirely optional.

[quote name='Dranakin']I wonder why all of the reviews are bad? I've never heard of this game, so all I have to go off of are the reviews.[/QUOTE]

Critics trashed it for some boring quests in the early goings of the game, but the second half completely overshadows the dullness of the early fetch quests. The story is very good with some interesting (though ugly) characters. For extra playthroughs it starts you at the second portion of the game, adding in more cinematics and details to the overall storyline.

A lot of people took shots at the graphics too which were far from stellar, but the game tried to keep things simplistic and it'll grow on you before you are done with the game.

The game is awesome and pretty innovative. Also, if the crybaby complaining about fetch quests had done any research, he'd know that there's no need whatsoever to do them. The technical aspect of this game's graphics is subpar, but it still impresses at times due to some neat locales and boss fights.

I was misled by the commercials, I thought it was a GoW/Dante's Inferno clone so I bought it. I got rid of it after playing the first 30 mins of the rpg portion. Glad some of you enjoy it. :)

Bah, just bought this last week from Gohastings. Wish I had waited, I've been sitting on sixty dollars of Gamestop credit for almost a year now with no use for it.

i keep hearing people say good things about this game....but they keep saying the same thing "this game has great story and soundtrack." WHO CARES about the soundtrack, story is important but if the gameplay is shit then its not worth it. and I have checked some gameplay vids and this game looks terrible!

[quote name='VaultDweller']i keep hearing people say good things about this game....but they keep saying the same thing "this game has great story and soundtrack." WHO CARES about the soundtrack, story is important but if the gameplay is shit then its not worth it. and I have checked some gameplay vids and this game looks terrible![/QUOTE]
A lot of people care about the soundtrack when it comes to RPGs.

I have to agree, soundtracks are almost half the reason to play RPG's IMO, especially those (at least years ago) from Square.

Nice, I can probably pick this up on my way to work tomorrow if the near me still has it. Usually games that cheap I don't mind paying for a new gutted copy since it's like a used game price.

For anyone who cares...Amazon has both version for $20 right now.

I believe i was the only one to have posted in the other threading stating its 14.99 NEW status. Seeing as how its changed online to 14.99 I can pretty much confirm its nation wide as I wasn't entirely sure if it wasn't just YMMV (I only checked at one gamestop, and at best i could've checked a few in the same location)

The gameplay is pretty fun and the story seems interesting so far. From what i've read so long as you avoid side quests the game is really fun

[quote name='VaultDweller']i keep hearing people say good things about this game....but they keep saying the same thing "this game has great story and soundtrack." WHO CARES about the soundtrack, story is important but if the gameplay is shit then its not worth it. and I have checked some gameplay vids and this game looks terrible![/QUOTE]

exactly. unfortunately, the most outspoken RPG fans on message boards nowadays are REALLY REALLY into story, voice acting, flashy character design, and soundtracks.

I am a big RPG fan, but am not seeing whats stellar about this one. I have yet to try it, and 15$ is cheap enough, but can somebody give a more balanced assessment of this game? Frankly, I don't care about the soundtrack if the game is otherwise shit, but all I have found in reviews are "it's a flawed game, but the soundtrack is amazing!" Are there other reasons to pick this one up, or should I pass?

Wow, what a coincidence, I just started playing this game just today after beating Castlevania LoS. Great so far, and its hitting all the right tones with me. Starts off boring, but the story seems crazy as hell, so I'm game.

Oh, and as for the music, its so good that I've had the entire OST on my iPod touch months before the game even came to the states. Hell, I still listen to it frequently.

Fantastic game, bought it for $20 a bit ago new at KMART.

The overworld music is FOREVER ETCHED INTO MY MIND... it's a 5 second loop. Seriously. And the first half is pretty slow.

But the back half (or 2/3s I should say) and the rest of the soundtrack are both amazing. Get this game.

[quote name='Gainer']I am a big RPG fan, but am not seeing whats stellar about this one. I have yet to try it, and 15$ is cheap enough, but can somebody give a more balanced assessment of this game? Frankly, I don't care about the soundtrack if the game is otherwise shit, but all I have found in reviews are "it's a flawed game, but the soundtrack is amazing!" Are there other reasons to pick this one up, or should I pass?[/QUOTE]

The game is not shit, people keep mentioning the soundtrack because it's that good.

The gameplay is fun, it's an action RPG. You equip a weapon and kill bad guys. Each type of weapon has its own attacks and special attacks. You also have magic at your disposal and you progressively unlock spells throughout the first half of the game. Bosses are cool and fun. The second playthrough is awesome cause it gives you backstory from the enemies' side. The story itself is awesome and I haven't even seen the last two endings that supposedly are pretty crazy.

The graphics aren't super awesome but they're not horrible either. The fetch quests are boring but they're side quests, not main quests. If you want the platinum/1000g, you're going to have to suffer through some annoying and mindnumbingly boring item farming but it is absolutely unnecessary for completing the game itself.

I thought this game is really fun and easily worth the $20 I paid for it.

What a mediocre game. Drop me a line when it hits $5.

BTW: When you can play a far superior third person action game such as Bayonetta, I wouldn't even bother with this.

For $15 I could see myself picking it up eventually, or for less when/if it drops again.

I have to admit though, the whole "chick with a wang" thing disturbs me a bit...and not in a good way.

I just called my local store here in Sacramento, CA and they have many copies that are new and SEALED. Im about to go pick up a copy now as we speak.

Thanks again. Im not sure how this title slipped under my radar.

Last edited:
[quote name='Jedah Doma']What a mediocre game. Drop me a line when it hits $5.

BTW: When you can play a far superior third person action game such as Bayonetta, I wouldn't even bother with this.[/QUOTE]

It's action RPG, not a strictly action title. You play it more for the story, which is actually really good and unique, IMO.

The game has a great story and incredible music. The gameplay isn't the best, I'll give people that, but all things taken in, this game is pretty awesome. Hell, it's loads better in the gameplay department than another overlooked Cavia game, Drakengard, which I also recommended despite crappy gameplay.

And it's unfair to compare this to a straight action game like Bayonetta or God of War, since all of the effort in development is spent on fighting instead of more variety like Nier.

Buy this game if you like good games.

game play sucks but the story is good and the music score is excellent.

you have to play at least 3 times to get the full story, and it's good regardless.

[quote name='dcm1602']Make a thread when Amazons got it, I dont do gamestop.[/QUOTE]
I love responses like this...then why the fuck did you click on the thread and actually respond to it if it had 'gamestop' clearly in the title?

bread's done
Back