GameFly 2010 Year End Sale

• Please log in to reply
1147 replies to this topic

#1141 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

Well, I ordered a few from this sale and in the past few months. Im probably hovering around 30 games bought used lifetime from gamefly. Ive gotten every single one within 3 days (live in Cincy), the cases and manuals are always perfect, and the disc have at worst be slightly used ranging to like new condition. Perhaps Ive just been dodging bullets, but until I get burnt once or twice, gamefly is awesome and will be the only retailer I go through for used discs.

Hey good for you, I ordered one game this time, never got it. They refunded me but Still. I wanted TWG 11 for 17.99$ :(

#1142 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thats not why I called him Fire Thief. It was for this comment: "you should all play it, for reals"

Hellz yea, dawg...

(Hasn't that guy been IP banned at this point?)

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#1143 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thats not why I called him Fire Thief. It was for this comment: "you should all play it, for reals"

Game's gonna be RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#1144 funkordie

funkordie

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

Ordered Just Cause 2, hasn't arrived.

:\

#1145 FairyLeviathan

FairyLeviathan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

Out of the 12 ps3 games I own, 11 of them were bought from gamefly over the past few months during their sales. Only 1 of those 11 were problematic. (Red Dead Redemption, ironically the thing I wanted to play the most out of what I bought over the winter sale). Disc came in with 2 hairline scratches along one side of the disc, and a crack in the center ring.

Tried about 45 minutes to get it to run last night, game repeatedly froze or locked up my ps3 at various points, never got past the first loading screen when starting a new game. Emailed them last night, hoping for a quick turnaround on a better copy.

All in all as a game reviewer myself, 1/11 is a good ratio for defunct discs, and I'm happy for everything else I've bought from them, but darnit, I really wanted to play RDR and waiting on a replace is driving me up the wall, even on day 1 of the return. Average turnaround from sale to door so far has been 3-4 days (Lincoln Park, MI).

Barring a really bad experience from this, GF still gets way more of my money than GS ever has, :D
Posted Image

You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane, FFIX

#1146 nintendokingdom

nintendokingdom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

Out of the 12 ps3 games I own, 11 of them were bought from gamefly over the past few months during their sales. Only 1 of those 11 were problematic. (Red Dead Redemption, ironically the thing I wanted to play the most out of what I bought over the winter sale). Disc came in with 2 hairline scratches along one side of the disc, and a crack in the center ring.

Tried about 45 minutes to get it to run last night, game repeatedly froze or locked up my ps3 at various points, never got past the first loading screen when starting a new game. Emailed them last night, hoping for a quick turnaround on a better copy.

All in all as a game reviewer myself, 1/11 is a good ratio for defunct discs, and I'm happy for everything else I've bought from them, but darnit, I really wanted to play RDR and waiting on a replace is driving me up the wall, even on day 1 of the return. Average turnaround from sale to door so far has been 3-4 days (Lincoln Park, MI).

Barring a really bad experience from this, GF still gets way more of my money than GS ever has, :D

I know it will cut into your "savings" you made on getting the games. But you may want to call around some used DVD/CD stores in your area. I know of 3 of them near me that all offer the disc buffering service. They usually range from $2.50 - $4 for them to do it.

My 360 was being sent in for repair after a RROD and I had recently taken advantage of a Toys'R'Us B2G1 sale. One of my friends never played his 360 so he let me borrow his. I put in my brand new Battlefield: Bad Company and then about an hour or so into it, the game was locking up and I got a disc read error. Turns out my friend's 360 scratched up discs (nice huh?). Since I just bought it brand new, and it was opened and obviously scratched I was f--ked. Luckily $3 or so later, my disc was buffed and worked fine.

#1147 brux

brux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:11 AM

Got my Singularity in great shape. Waiting on Kane and Lynch.

#1148 cvbtyu21

cvbtyu21

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Bought Wet ps3
Ordered: 12/22/2010
Shipped: 12/28/2010
Arrived: 1/4/2011

The sides of the disc was chipped, but no scratches on the disk itself. Works perfectly and it included a manual and case too.