Xbox 360 250GB Console w/free $75 gift card at Walmart - Dec 12th-18th

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#31 genkikani

genkikani

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

nice deal.. wish theyd do it on the 250gb kinect bundle as well...

and hopefully amazon does something to match or beat walmart

According to an employee at gamestop, Microsoft recently sent word that they were no longer making the 250gb kinect bundle. So unless you know a store that has it, I wouldn't count on a deal with it.

#32 Jagsfan6116

Jagsfan6116

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

man, do you guys even think they will have enough in stock to promote this? I went by my walmart and they didnt have many 250 gb consoles in stock. I wonder how early i gotta get there!

#33 defcomm

defcomm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

I'm going to be coming in ASAP. Still holding out hope that they may have a holiday bundle laying around.

#34 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

man, do you guys even think they will have enough in stock to promote this? I went by my walmart and they didnt have many 250 gb consoles in stock. I wonder how early i gotta get there!

Yesterday:drool:

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#35 VaRIABLE SoUL

VaRIABLE SoUL

I Live in Rapture

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

I might bite on this.

My Pro from 2007 is acting up.. I'm out of warranty so maybe it's time for an upgrade.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 sheetydude

sheetydude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

Anyone know if they do price adjustments? Just bought the holiday bundle from Walmart on Sunday, kinda pissed now.

#37 comicrelief

comicrelief

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

so what would happen if i return the xbox a day or so later?
do they ask for the giftcard back also?
is it possible to return without a receipt?

#38 walterj13

walterj13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:30 AM

i went to walmart today just to look what they had left and all they had was like 3 4gb and 4 MW2 bundle and 2 FF bundles left no 250gb slim =(

#39 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

According to an employee at gamestop, Microsoft recently sent word that they were no longer making the 250gb kinect bundle. So unless you know a store that has it, I wouldn't count on a deal with it.

Lol...trusting a Gamestop employee?
Okay dude. :lol:

#40 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

My friend and I are just hoping our Jaspers last a long time because we tried using USB sticks instead of the 360 MUs (we need our profiles to be portable) and they would fail and be slower than normal (even though the speed test was fine). So Microsoft needs to fix the compatibility with USB sticks. One of the sticks was Kingston! Kingston is usually a more reliable brand. I also saw that I'm not the only one looking at some USB stick Amazon reviews.

Has there been any independent study of what USB drives really-really work with the 360?

Get a SanDisk Cruzer model. 8GB or 16GB for not more than $30. SanDisk is the same company that makes the "Official" Xbox branded USB drive and it's waaaaaaaaaay overpriced at $60+.

I've used the ordinary 8GB and 4GB Cruzer models with no problems and paid $15 and $10.

#41 killer9

killer9

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

in for one if they have any instock hopefully

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#42 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

Too bad i'm broke, i'd love to upgrade my old 20gb to this one.

card.png
453976.png

#43 Borgbear

Borgbear

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

Looks like a new Xbox is in my future. My old Xbox is on its last spin. Then I can trade it in at Gamestop while it still plays.

$299 for the Xbox with $75 dollar card = $224 - Trade-IN w/Bonus at Gamestop w/ 120GB hard drive about $90 = $134* *Basically out of pocket cost.

I WILL be picking up a new one Xbox.

#44 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:08 AM

so what would happen if i return the xbox a day or so later?
do they ask for the giftcard back also?
is it possible to return without a receipt?

No, they let you keep it and give you another one as a gift.

#45 Jagsfan6116

Jagsfan6116

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:36 AM

Ok, how early do you guys think you should get there in order to get one of these deals?

#46 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:41 AM

Midnight.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#47 Jagsfan6116

Jagsfan6116

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

Midnight.

I sure hope it's that way! :)

#48 killer9

killer9

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

hopefully i can get it online

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#49 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Would really love to pick one of these up. The bundle in question seems to be in very short supply though. I wonder why they're offering such a deal on something most stores don't even have in stock. They obviously aren't having any trouble selling them.

#50 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

My friend and I are just hoping our Jaspers last a long time because we tried using USB sticks instead of the 360 MUs (we need our profiles to be portable) and they would fail and be slower than normal (even though the speed test was fine). So Microsoft needs to fix the compatibility with USB sticks. One of the sticks was Kingston! Kingston is usually a more reliable brand. I also saw that I'm not the only one looking at some USB stick Amazon reviews.

Has there been any independent study of what USB drives really-really work with the 360?

There's a USB stick compatibility thread in the 360 forum.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#51 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

The official "MS branded" USB sticks are made my Sandisk, which are what I generally use. Have never run into any issues with them (though I also use MUs to bring to a friend's house). If you have one lying around or find one cheap, I'd recommend a Sandisk drive.

#52 defcomm

defcomm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

Would really love to pick one of these up. The bundle in question seems to be in very short supply though. I wonder why they're offering such a deal on something most stores don't even have in stock. They obviously aren't having any trouble selling them.

Maybe they're getting another shipment next week?

I'm really hoping so, otherwise this deal is pointless.

#53 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Dayum...

Well... I'm going to have a new Xbox 360 this Sunday! I really hope Amazon match this deal.

Edited by Fernando Rocker, 09 December 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#54 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Do you guys think the chances are high of Amazon matching this deal?

#55 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

Do you guys think the chances are high of Amazon matching this deal?

How can they match it if they don't have any in stock?

#56 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

That is right, it states that this bundle is available for a limited time on the Xbox website.

http://www.xbox.com/...les?xr=shellnav

#57 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Ugh, I bought a 4GB Xbox for 200(plus a 60 dollar Amazon video game only credit). I would rather have a 250GB. :cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

I bought the XBOX 360 4 GB from Amazon w/ $60 gc. Would this be possible? Buy the Walmart XBOX 360, keep the Hard Drive and $75 gift card and then sell the Walmart Xbox as a 4 gig (without hard drive) for something like $180?

I have someone willing to buy it from me for $180 but does the XBOX 360 with 250 turn into a regular 4gb without the hard drive or is it inoperable without the 250Gb Hard drive?

#59 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

No it doesn't.

Only the 4Gb model has the extra 4gb flash memory built into the motherboard.

#60 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

I bought the XBOX 360 4 GB from Amazon w/ $60 gc. Would this be possible? Buy the Walmart XBOX 360, keep the Hard Drive and $75 gift card and then sell the Walmart Xbox as a 4 gig (without hard drive) for something like $180?

I have someone willing to buy it from me for $180 but does the XBOX 360 with 250 turn into a regular 4gb without the hard drive or is it inoperable without the 250Gb Hard drive?

It will have a little bit of internal memory, but not much. Just enough to power and run the system. Why not keep the 250 GB system and sell your 4 GB? The 4GB USED is selling for around $230 currently on Amazon.