Borders 50% off anything coupon!!! - expires 12/16 - Good on DVD & Blu

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Did this coupon come in an email or was it just posted on their website? I got the 33% off coupon in my email as a Rewards customer but never got anything in the email about this.

Some people got emailed 33%, others got 50%. It comes directly from Borders. There is no issue with using this if you only got the 33%.

#32 notfromtexas

notfromtexas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Picked up Marvel Civil War & Marvel Zombies with the coupon (two separate transactions). Reading Marvel Zombies now and it is quite interesting. Makes me dislike Mr. Fantastic even more, what a douche, lol.

Can anyone else suggest some Marvel graphic novels for me, going back tomorrow to get a couple more books. Might get The Walking Dead Book 5 & 6 since I have 1-4.

Wolverine Old Man Logan and Invincible by image comics

#33 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

BCR1936M works for 40% online if you are a rewards member. I'm getting the entire Shrek set for $28.19

Well Amazon.com has the Shrek set for $31.99 with a $7 e-gift card promotion.
Posted Image

#34 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

[quote name='Jabrim']BCR1936M works for 40% online if you are a rewards member.QUOTE]

For some reason, it's not working. I'm doing R7M4R4C5BPE for 25% off but its saying that the other code is wrong. Any idea why?

#35 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

[quote name='foreverjoe20'][quote name='Jabrim']BCR1936M works for 40% online if you are a rewards member.QUOTE]

For some reason, it's not working. I'm doing R7M4R4C5BPE for 25% off but its saying that the other code is wrong. Any idea why?[/QUOTE]

Are you a Border's rewards member? That is the only thing I can think of. I would delete the 25% coupon just to see if that has anything to do with it.
Posted Image

#36 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, I'm a member. And I did delete the coupon and it still wasn't accepting it but I've already bought the blu-ray so it doesn't matter, lol.

#37 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

yay I picked up TFU 2 collectors edition SG, Fallout 3 GOTYE SG, SITC2 BR and Dispiciable Me BR using the 50% coupons plus an extra 10%........im happy :)

Even though I was one coupon short, the lady was nice enough to let me double bang that coupon since it was snowing and didn't want me to run home, print it and then come back...so they DO work on the same transaction (even though they aren't suppose to!)

#38 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

So, can we print the coupon in the link or do we have to get an e-mail?

#39 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

So, can we print the coupon in the link or do we have to get an e-mail?

You can print the coupon in the link. No email necessary.

And actually, I often don't even bother printing the coupon, I just show it to them on my phone. As long as they can see the bar code number to type it in, they're fine.

#40 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Awesome. I don't have a phone that does pictures so this will have to do. I could take a pick with my camera but that seems kind of lame. lol.

#41 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

Wait a second. Will this work on their e-reader becasue if it does.... Muwahahahahahaha!

#42 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

Nope. Read the fine print.

#43 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

Damn, people were getting games with this though. Oh well.

#44 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:52 AM

Is there anything you could use this on and beat Amazon's regular price?

#45 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

Damn, people were getting games with this though. Oh well.

No, they were getting guides, which qualify because they are books. :)

Is there anything you could use this on and beat Amazon's regular price?

Sure, lots of things. You just have to be selective and pay attention to what you're getting (it helps if you have a smartphone and can check the Amazon prices while you're there).

#46 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

The guides? lol nvm then.

#47 Matrix813

Matrix813

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

I didn't end up getting but with the Border Rewards Plus Lost Blu Ray Collection would have been a steal. It would have ended up coming to $120 with the 50% and Border Rewards Plus. Amazon is selling it at $178.99 so almost a $60 savings on it. That's an example of how you can take advantage of this coupon.

#48 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

i got denied coupon and sale price, shot down every which way. left with nothing. also, didnt know they dont take manufacturers coups.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#49 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

i got denied coupon and sale price, shot down every which way. left with nothing. also, didnt know they dont take manufacturers coups.

The fine print states that it won't work on sale items...

#50 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

right, i read it after, but people were claiming that this coupon is amazing, really only god on big things.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#51 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

Just got back and it was very busy. Picked up Northlanders Vol. 1 and Fables Deluxe Edition Vol. 2. Thanks again OP for the heads up.

#52 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:32 AM

right, i read it after, but people were claiming that this coupon is amazing, really only god on big things.

Not really entirely true. Yes, it's not worthwhile on most DVDs and blu-rays, but it's good for a lot of books and CDs. I picked up one of the new John Lennon remasters for $7 with the coupon, it's $13.45 on Amazon. So that's 48% off of Amazon's price. Like I said, deals can be found, you just have to know where to look.

#53 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

Is there a nonmember coupon that isn't expired?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#54 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Is there a nonmember coupon that isn't expired?

Just sign up for their free rewards program and use the latest coupon. You get a different one every 1-3 days. I got a 33% again this morning in my inbox.

#55 battra92

battra92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

I bow to no coupon!

The only thing I will say is New York's crappy 8% tax makes this much less attractive than some online deals.

#56 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Just sign up for their free rewards program and use the latest coupon. You get a different one every 1-3 days. I got a 33% again this morning in my inbox.

Oh, they have a free program? Nice! Thanks. I want to pick up some Sonic the Hedgehog comic archives with this.
EDIT: Apparently I'm already enrolled, but I don't get the emails. Hrmm...
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#57 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

Disagree. You know, Borders does sell books, too. Wind-up Girl is a great read, and at 50% off, it's a steal.

#58 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:37 AM

Although this deal is over, I'd like to share how to use borders coupons B&M and have a nice time. First off, only go/buy when it is 40% or the rare 50% off. You need to bring a laptop or something with internet access to compare prices for maximum cheapness. While you decide or whatever, relax at the cafe with a coffee or something. The coupon is good at the cafe!!! I got a large mocha locha latte or something for 5.xx large. 50% off and the price was almost reasonable.
Wait for the next 40% coupon and and get some books and coffee.

I believe they only let you use one coupon per day per account but I am unsure. I have access to 3 accounts so I usually do 1 coffee and 2 books in a visit.

#59 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

Wolverine Old Man Logan and Invincible by image comics

Thanks for the suggestions, next coupon I am going to get Wolverine Old Man Logan.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan