Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

lets hope this is worth the 97 minutes.

:D

#62 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Where is this magical land of iphone\ipod gaming being awesome? It seems funny every time you talk about a game on the platform you say for "X" amount how can you go wrong? It sounds like you are more in love with the price point than the game. Infinitely Blade looks awesome but like most of these games they don't amount to much. I'll give you the convenience factor of gaming on your phone without the need to carry another device but without real controls most of these games just fall flat. I'm an ipod touch owner but most of the feature rich games just make me wish the device had a dpad and some buttons.

I'd agree that Sony and Nintendo may need to re-think their pricing structure but I'll carry the extra device for now until phone gaming plays catch up.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#63 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

I gotta say, the music at the beginning of this one made me feel pretty classy. It was like I was in a club watching you guys do the show. Can you start doing that music throughout the show? Some nice jazz always makes things better than they actually are

#64 hdcase

hdcase

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hey Cheapy, can you find out what's going on with Saints Row 3? Is it even still in development? There was supposed to be a trailer during the VGA's according to THQ VP Danny Bilson, and it turned out to be a no-show. I'm taking that as a bad sign.

Anyway I figured if anyone could find out, it'd be you. Thanks.

#65 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hey Cheapy, can you find out what's going on with Saints Row 3? Is it even still in development? There was supposed to be a trailer during the VGA's according to THQ VP Danny Bilson, and it turned out to be a no-show. I'm taking that as a bad sign.

Anyway I figured if anyone could find out, it'd be you. Thanks.

No one ever said it would be revealed at the VGA's. Bilson just said December and he said that back in June. At this point I would assume that the movie tie-in has a bigger impact on the release date than the development of the game itself.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#66 hdcase

hdcase

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

No one ever said it would be revealed at the VGA's. Bilson just said December and he said that back in June. At this point I would assume that the movie tie-in has a bigger impact on the release date than the development of the game itself.

Really, no one?

Danny Bilson: "I believe we're going to announce this at the Spike awards in December."

http://www.computera...e.php?id=252042

Either he was mistaken or they changed their plans; either way it'd be nice
if they showed something. See what you can dig up, Cheapy!

#67 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

I donated 5 dollars to child's play when cheapy told us too...
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#68 hdcase

hdcase

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

I donated 5 dollars to child's play when cheapy told us too...

Yeah I did too. Good cause and all that.

#69 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Really, no one?

Danny Bilson: "I believe we're going to announce this at the Spike awards in December."

http://www.computera...e.php?id=252042

Either he was mistaken or they changed their plans; either way it'd be nice
if they showed something. See what you can dig up, Cheapy!

Well shit. I look like an idiot. I searched for awhile and kept finding the quote with the generic December timeframe. It's still in THQ's FY12 plans, but it would be nice to get an update.

Edit: CEO Brian Farrell confirmed a fall 2011 release date on 12/2.

Edited by jkanownik, 14 December 2010 - 03:04 PM.
Listened to Credit Suisse webcast from 12/2

Posted Image

#70 Oren.The.Red

Oren.The.Red

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:01 AM

hey Cheapy! Greetings from Shibuya!

You are wrong mate!, you *can* find some good deals here in Japan for low-end/mid-range electronics stuff.

There you go, I believe the same soundbar model Wombat got in the US: http://kakaku.com/item/K0000095289/

pretty much the same price tag as well.

you just need to know where to search :) and that can be tough here in Japan!

#71 hdcase

hdcase

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:14 AM

Well shit. I look like an idiot. I searched for awhile and kept finding the quote with the generic December timeframe. It's still in THQ's FY12 plans, but it would be nice to get an update.

Edit: CEO Brian Farrell confirmed a fall 2011 release date on 12/2.

Ah that's cool, thanks for finding that. Makes me feel better. :)

#72 aceswild03

aceswild03

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

Hey cheapy, been listening to the show for a long time. I'm a cop in ohio and it keeps the night entertaining between calls. I found something online I thought you may find funny. Go to break.com and search for robocop remake video. It should be a couple of kids remaking a scene in robocop. Keep up the good work guys.

#73 syd411

syd411

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Holy crap guys, can we spend some more time crapping out BS marketing new-speak? And what was that drivel Wombat was saying about not starting development of a A or AAA title until the success of a downloadable is determined? Nothing would ever get developed that way. I've never heard any of you sound as much like a clueless PR guy from a game publisher than on this episode.

That said, the rest of the show was fine. Go back to what you know about...doody, masturbation, and games.

Maybe you all should pay a visit to whatthefuckismysocialmediastrategy.com the next time you have the need to "Build loyalty & increased engagement through ongoing conversation and brand experience"

#74 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

Where is this magical land of iphone\ipod gaming being awesome? It seems funny every time you talk about a game on the platform you say for "X" amount how can you go wrong? It sounds like you are more in love with the price point than the game. Infinitely Blade looks awesome but like most of these games they don't amount to much. I'll give you the convenience factor of gaming on your phone without the need to carry another device but without real controls most of these games just fall flat. I'm an ipod touch owner but most of the feature rich games just make me wish the device had a dpad and some buttons.

I'd agree that Sony and Nintendo may need to re-think their pricing structure but I'll carry the extra device for now until phone gaming plays catch up.

cheers.

I don't want to bash the iPhone but I highly disagree with the iPhone will dominate the handheld market idea. With the Wii Nintendo keeps saying they're not in competition with the others but with the iPhone it's actually true. All the best features of the iPhone really only apply to the iPhone. Downloading games anywhere, online gaming with your friends in game center. All of those require you to sign a three year contract with whatever phone company you're using.
Spoiler
Why don't more people see that as the dealbreaker it is. iPhone is a great phone and it has great phone games but let's not over inflate it.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#75 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Holy crap guys, can we spend some more time crapping out BS marketing new-speak? And what was that drivel Wombat was saying about not starting development of a A or AAA title until the success of a downloadable is determined? Nothing would ever get developed that way. I've never heard any of you sound as much like a clueless PR guy from a game publisher than on this episode.

That said, the rest of the show was fine. Go back to what you know about...doody, masturbation, and games.

Nice title. The problem is that Wombat is riffing alone without any perspective since Cheapy and Shipwreck can't really add to the conversation due to lack of business experience. While the overall quality of Wombat's business monologues may not be that great, it's still much better than every other gaming podcast where the people talking have zero business experience. I say keep at it. One time he may actually come up with a great idea and it will all be worth it.
Posted Image

#76 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

So looks like no new episode this week then? Feck :(

I'll still donate my money, as soon as my paypal will be refilled.

#77 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

I dunno I liked Wombat's talk on game promotional ideas. I think some of the posters were taking his words a little too literally. I'm not certain he was suggesting that we don't start developing a Triple-A title until we develop, release, and get feedback from our prequel DLC game, but the idea he was trying to express had merit I thought.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#78 MegWithAMouth

MegWithAMouth

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

Loved the podcast as usual guys.

I came across this earlier and thought you might find it interesting. Timegate Studios, the devs behind Section 8, are releasing a sequel to that called Section 8: Prejudice, on the XBL Marketplace, PSN Network and PC digital distributors such as Steam and Games for Windows Live. They will not be releasing in hard copy form and it will include a fully fleshed out single player, multiplayer and cooperative modes, with the promise of DLC to extend the life of the game. Perhaps the most amazing part is that it will be available for $15 at release. Seems like someone agrees with Wombat's digital marketing strategy.

Here's the link to the full article and press release:
http://www.joystiq.c...udice-download/

#79 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

Entertaining as always. Has Wombat ever been so drunk on air?

MjC

#80 paydebt328

paydebt328

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

Great show Guys

I have an idea on how to rase more money for CAG Childsplay. Do a cagcast marathon. like a telathon but ... not... Great show guys!

#81 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

Entertaining as always. Has Wombat ever been so drunk on air?

MjC

I was stone sober, I don't even have booze in the house.

#82 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

So I'm listening to the show again at around 1:16:34

I'm not trying to say that CheapyD is wrong in his assessment that the iPhone is going to increase in popularity but it's the actual arguments that bother me. I get kinda ranty because I'm bored right now so ...
Spoiler

Wish I had AC:B so I could play with Shipwreck. it's only slightly irksome to have everyone else just urge him to more or less junk the game just because it's the PS3 version. But whatever I don't mind you guys having a console preference. The rest of the show holds up to a second listen. Especially Wombat's Prequel DLC talk. I need to start listening to other shows again. Don't normally relisten to ANY show.

Edited by Wolfkin, 16 December 2010 - 11:48 PM.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#83 The Dutch Slayer

The Dutch Slayer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

so no new show this week :( to bad but understandable hopefully we will have one next week :)
Hey how about that EU place he? I hear its kind of big ;)

#84 jusplainme

jusplainme

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:04 AM

#85 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

well yeah.. i thought we all assumed that comment was based on reality. I almost remembered something about that.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler