Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1771 replies to this topic

#901 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Base:

Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) - $7

#902 mrkool899

mrkool899

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Went to Gamestop today

Posted Image
Street Fighter 4- $2.00
UFC 2010- $7.00
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2- $5.00

Posted Image
MLB 10- $6
Madden NFL 2011- $18

Posted Image
PS2 Network Adapter- $1.00

With the 60% deal today I got a totaled of $61.90.

#903 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm sorry to be the obvious question guy, but if I go to GS today and upgrade my Edge card to the PowerUp Pro program I should be able to get the 50% extra credit correct?
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#904 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Base:

LittleBigPlanet 2 - $25.00
Epic Mickey - $18.00

After 10% + 50% I got $68.80 total so I'm happy.

#905 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm sorry to be the obvious question guy, but if I go to GS today and upgrade my Edge card to the PowerUp Pro program I should be able to get the 50% extra credit correct?

Yep, just did this myself.

#906 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Yep, just did this myself.

Thanks. Just got back from there and worked like a charm, however, I was upset that I was forced to renew it even though my edge card said it expires through 2/11.

TIV:
360:
Blur: $10
Bioshock 2: $5
Madden NFL 2011: $20
Halo Wars: $8

PS3
SingStar Dance: $11
MLB 10: $6

Wii:
Pokemon Battle Revolution: $14
Goldeneye 007: $18
Animal Crossing: $7
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: $9
Pikmin $6

I ended up getting $182.40
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#907 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop. I'll still do my trade-ins via amazon or goozex.

SteamWidget.PNG

#908 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#909 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop. I'll still do my trade-ins via amazon or goozex.

Not if you are buying used games. I wouldn't buy anything new from GS unless you are looking for exclusives.
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#910 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

But then again, many people have been complaining about NorAm (the distributor that handles Amazon's trade ins) damaging their games. And Goozex is far from perfect. As douchy as many of the employees are at Gamestop I have never had one outright break one of my games when I traded it in. If you can take advantage of the trade-in offers then you can get better deals from Gamestop than those other sources right up front. I got more from them for games like Fable 3 and Black Ops ($40!) recently than people would be willing to even pay me on here or eBay.

#911 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

Had to run out and take advantage of that Madden 11 price :D

Couple other values before/after 50% + 10%

Resonance of Fate (360) $11.00 > $17.60 (more than I paid Newegg for it)
Divinity II (360) $6.00 > $9.60

That's why I just buy MS points there, which are rarely buyable under MSRP anyway.

#912 jonnyd86

jonnyd86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

so you're saying when I buy used games at buy 2 get 1 free, and then trade them in with a 60% bonus.. I'm paying MSRP for anything and everything and not making out well?

mmkay.

#913 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

All for PSP:

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - $5
Patapon - $1
Puzzle Quest - $1.50
Posted Image

#914 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:02 AM

TIV from today

COD Black Ops - $25
Cars Mater National - $4
Soul Calibur 4 - $4

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Forza 5 :applause:

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot: Madden 25 :hot: Destiny :cry:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:

#915 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

But then again, many people have been complaining about NorAm (the distributor that handles Amazon's trade ins) damaging their games. And Goozex is far from perfect. As douchy as many of the employees are at Gamestop I have never had one outright break one of my games when I traded it in. If you can take advantage of the trade-in offers then you can get better deals from Gamestop than those other sources right up front. I got more from them for games like Fable 3 and Black Ops ($40!) recently than people would be willing to even pay me on here or eBay.

Yeah I got screwed the one time I did Amazon's trade in thing so I refuse now to do it or Best Buy online because of NorAm. I've heard of people locally here in STL having to wait 30 minutes to trade in at Best Buy stores so that seems to be out also.

For Goozex it takes a minimum of 4-6 months to get any new console release. I was in the top 10 of the queue for NHL 11 when it came out in Sept. and I just now got it this week. Plus that site is dying from lack of trades of recent stuff. It's awesome to get older stuff or portable stuff (1/2 to 2/3 of my PSP UMD collection has been from Goozex) but for anything recent on consoles I hope you have a lot of patience.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#916 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:56 AM

TIV from today

COD Black Ops - $25

Jesus are you kidding me? Looks like I have to make a trip to GS tomorrow. and get that +50%.

#917 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

DS:
Final Fantasy IV - $7

Base.

#918 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

Just traded in:

All 360 $ base TIV
Call of Duty Black Ops $25
Assasin's Creed Brotherhood $22
Singularity $8

BTW I think the other GS trade thread should be merged with this thread. I initially did not realize I posted this info into the thread where JP does not updates the prices for the tracker. Just a suggestion, carry on.

#919 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop.

Seriously? Then you're doin it wrong.

#920 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

Just traded in:

All 360 $ base TIV
Call of Duty Black Ops $25
Assasin's Creed Brotherhood $22
Singularity $8

BTW I think the other GS trade thread should be merged with this thread. I initially did not realize I posted this info into the thread where JP does not updates the prices for the tracker. Just a suggestion, carry on.

Several people have quoted 25 for cod black ops but the op still has $18 listed. Did someone post 18 today and I missed it meaning it went down or was that a mistype?

#921 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

2/10

PS3 Dead Space 2 $23
Wii Just Dance 2 $14

Edited by Donut2922, 11 February 2011 - 03:41 PM.
Typo on date

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#922 Kaelestis

Kaelestis

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Not if you are buying used games. I wouldn't buy anything new from GS unless you are looking for exclusives.

They have great prices on CEs too.

Thinking about trading in Fable III since I haven't even beaten II yet.
dv8

#923 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

Several people have quoted 25 for cod black ops but the op still has $18 listed. Did someone post 18 today and I missed it meaning it went down or was that a mistype?

Typo on my part.

all-banner.jpg

#924 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Is anyone else baffled by Gamestop's weekly email which says get 50% more trade in credit on any games traded in between now and Sunday 3/6 only to then have a weekly coupon which offers an extra 25% trade in credit on games traded towards purchasing MvC3?

Are people really that dumb or is GS that dumb?

#925 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Is anyone else baffled by Gamestop's weekly email which says get 50% more trade in credit on any games traded in between now and Sunday 3/6 only to then have a weekly coupon which offers an extra 25% trade in credit on games traded towards purchasing MvC3?

Are people really that dumb or is GS that dumb?

Will gamestop actually give you 75% if you ask?

#926 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Will gamestop actually give you 75% if you ask?

No. Promos don't stack. It would require a manual override which doesn't happen all that often.

all-banner.jpg

#927 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Just traded in:

Noooo! That other thread is like ten pages of people bitching about Gamestop, with maybe a handful of quotes sprinkled in. Let them have that thread to bitch in, and keep this thread relatively clean, please!

#928 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

Noooo! That other thread is like ten pages of people bitching about Gamestop, with maybe a handful of quotes sprinkled in. Let them have that thread to bitch in, and keep this thread relatively clean, please!

That reminds me, I need to pop over there and pull out the prices quoted over there. I have no problem with that thread staying separate. As you say it is full of people saying you get more here for X and Y. We get enough of that in this thread already. Granted it's not as bad as it used to be, but I would prefer to keep as much out as possible.

Also, updated lists and database.

Edited by JP, 11 February 2011 - 06:12 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#929 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

DS:
Final Fantasy IV - $7

Base.

Gamestop sells that game for $18 or $20 used now so that makes sense. Before Christmas, they sold the game for $30 and I think the TIV was a little higher. Only DS games I know of that get over $10 base are any of the Mario ones and maybe Tetris DS still.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#930 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

I wonder if it is better to trade in black ops for 33.75 over at amazon or 38 at gamestop. If I get edge card, would they give me extra 10%?