Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1771 replies to this topic

#991 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Dead to Rights Retribution (360) - $8
Enslaved (Both Consoles) - $9
Resonance of Fate (360) - $10
Sin and Punishment (Wii) - $7

All values are before promo/PUR

Posted Image

#992 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

All Base values:

Wii
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - $9

PS3
Castlevania - $17
Tekken 6 - $7
Enslaved - $12
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $7
Dante's Inferno - $5

DS
My Healthy Cooking Coach - $1
Cake Mania 3 - $5
Cooking Mama - $3

#993 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

quoted in store today:

Dance Central (360) $17 base

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#994 jonnyd86

jonnyd86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, how come you guys don't use craigslist for selling locally. selling lords of shadow for 16 credit, I'm sure you could have gotten at least 25 cash easy. but I guess the ease of having a gamestop to trade in allows them to have crazy low trade in values.

with 60% bonus you get 25.6 for it..

#995 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Base TiVs from today (2/12):

:ps3: Dragon Age Origins - 7.00
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins - Awakening - 8.00
:360: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - 5.00
Posted Image

#996 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

All PS3 (Base):
Tekken 6: $7
Hellboy: $1.50

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention something unusual. Apparently, via the GS employee, their servers were down today, so I may or may not have gotten power-up points. But that's not what I want to discuss. What I want to mention is that, perhaps due to these events, I apparently received the 10% trade-in and used-purchase bonus, despite my edge\premium PUR membership having been expired since november. I even mentioned that my premium membership had expired when I handed the employee my card! I know when they initially scan the card the bonus first gets applied, then is usually removed sometime during the finalizing process. I am simply at a loss as to how to explain this...

#997 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

this could make for some entertainment. ever been in a gamestop and see people get all assy about the low amount of money they'd get in trade in? i saw some very fat 25 year old nerd with bad skin in there with his mom about 2 weeks ago, and he was offended that he was being offered something like $1.50 for Zapper for the GameCube. He kept saying "but it's such a great game!" before deciding not to trade in. He also mentioned that between that and the three other games he had with him (all of which were gamecube 2ksomething sports games) he thought he'd be able to pay off a new copy of black ops.

Fat people tend to think differently then the rest of us. Especially those with bad skin.

#998 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

When I traded in my XBOX (the original) during a promo where they game an extra $25 or something (got like $80 overall) I told them that it wasn't running all that well.

The game started up, that's all they tested. :roll:

Me too, plus they bought a PS2 from me with a bad CD drive, but they turned it on without a game in it. They also took a 360 controller that had the home button glued in and the battery pack taped on with masking tape. The manager took it. I saw someone returning it the next time I went in, it's just madness what they sell there sometimes.

Also one time they gave me $30 for an empty Mario Strikers case.

#999 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

Me too, plus they bought a PS2 from me with a bad CD drive, but they turned it on without a game in it. They also took a 360 controller that had the home button glued in and the battery pack taped on with masking tape. The manager took it. I saw someone returning it the next time I went in, it's just madness what they sell there sometimes.

Also one time they gave me $30 for an empty Mario Strikers case.

Wow, where do you live? I never want to shop at a gamestop where you have ever lived by.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Forza 5 :applause:

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot: Madden 25 :hot: Destiny :hot:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:

#1000 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

*I just admitted to committing fraud*

Fixed.

#1001 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

360:

Mass Effect 2 - 6 (-1)
Kinect Adventures - 1.5 (-.5)
Kinect sensor - 60

Fixed.

It's my fault someone couldn't be bothered to do their job properly? I tricked them into not caring?

#1002 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

NFS HP (360) $17 Base (NOT $25 as previously mentioned)

#1003 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:02 AM

NFS HP (360) $17 Base (NOT $25 as previously mentioned)

Disappointing, as I was planning on taking my copy in

Posted Image

#1004 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

Man, for what some of you trade your games in for, I would pay you that and a bit more even. >_>

People come in here and say that but nothing ever comes of it. There was one guy who tried it in the trading forums, who would offer $2 over what GameStop would give. However, he never figured in the promo bump ups or shipping. It lasted I think 2 weeks and he never purchased a single game.

Question: Does anyone else find it odd that at gamestop the CE version of games go in under the regular version?

There are only a handful of CE/SE games that have separate trade-ins. They pretty much assume that all the special items and downloadable content have been redeemed or not included so all that is really left is the vanilla game. This can lead to some great finds though.

Yeah, how come you guys don't use craigslist for selling locally. selling lords of shadow for 16 credit, I'm sure you could have gotten at least 25 cash easy. but I guess the ease of having a gamestop to trade in allows them to have crazy low trade in values.

You do know that is base value right? All values listed in this thread are base. With the 50% promo they got $24, and if they had PowerUp they got $25.60. Most people don't seem to take that into account when they say I would give a little extra or could get more from place X.

Also, I have personally given up on craigslist because all you get are people who are offering $15 for black Ops and want $300 for their 10 year old original xbox.

Working on updating thread/database right now. Kinda drunk so it will take longer than normal.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1005 jimijumper

jimijumper

Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

Working on updating thread/database right now. Kinda drunk so it will take longer than normal.

This is why this thread is so cool! nice job JP!

btw if anyone can tell em the TiV on these 2 games that would be great as they are not in the database:

:psp:
Iron Man 2
Naruto Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising

#1006 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

This is why this thread is so cool! nice job JP!

btw if anyone can tell em the TiV on these 2 games that would be great as they are not in the database:

:psp:
Iron Man 2
Naruto Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising

Same here. These are 4.98 clearance at my local Target, about 10 copies of each. But I'm sure you actually played the games too right ;)

Posted Image

#1007 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

It's my fault someone couldn't be bothered to do their job properly? I tricked them into not caring?

It's not really your fault. But a decent human being would have fixed the error.

----

This promo is great. 50% extra credit is well worth not having to deal with ebay and cl. I almost missed it.

#1008 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

On reflection, this is pretty dumb for me to trade my DS Lite with a DSi back in September when Gamestop did that special trade offer, just as the 3DS thing has been announced for pre-order. Especially since for the moment I haven't download any DSiWare games.

To be fair, would it be too soon for me to get a 3DS at launch, when I just wait a while longer for better games, or an improved 3DS model that doesn't have the fucking glossy material (I like my systems matted).

#1009 jimijumper

jimijumper

Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Same here. These are 4.98 clearance at my local Target, about 10 copies of each. But I'm sure you actually played the games too right ;)

i actually bought 2 copies of each game

1 of each game for a possible trade in to GS depending on the TiV. If its not worth it I will just return them or throw them up on my TL

#1010 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1011 Calm

Calm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:52 AM

Hoping Black Ops holds at $25 for tomorrow, I meant to make it back today but never made it.

#1012 Vinnyg32

Vinnyg32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

Traded in 2/12

:ps3:
Borderlands - 6
Red Dead Redemption-9
Terminator Salvation - 6
Last Rebellion - 5
Killzone 2 - 7

:360:
Cod Black Ops - 25
Fable 3 - 18

#1013 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

I've been hearing that they are extending the 3DS trade in thing until the release of the 3DS, that way if you have a DSi, you can transfer over your purchases and trade it in.

#1014 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:40 AM

i bought blops for $35, wanna trade it in for $40, but seems my wife won't let me. lol
she says she needs her blops fix...mmmmkay

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1015 M 3

M 3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Just traded in Black Ops PS3. Still holding at $25 base

#1016 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

Traded in 2/12

:ps3:
Borderlands - 6
Red Dead Redemption-9
Terminator Salvation - 6
Last Rebellion - 5
Killzone 2 - 7

:360:
Cod Black Ops - 25
Fable 3 - 18

ouch didn't realize how low RDR trade in was.

#1017 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

edit

Edited by youenvy, 13 February 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#1018 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

I was curious about Base TIV on this one since it is on sale at TRU for only $20 so I got a phone quote today. Probably about the same for other systems.

2/13/2011
Posted Image
EA Sports Active 2.0 $10 (new to list)

#1019 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

edit

#1020 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

I was curious about Base TIV on this one since it is on sale at TRU for only $20 so I got a phone quote today. Probably about the same for other systems.

2/13/2011
Posted Image
EA Sports Active 2.0 $10 (new to list)

Does it have to include the extras? I'm thinking about picking up another one and selling the game only and having my wife use the accessories.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Forza 5 :applause:

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot: Madden 25 :hot: Destiny :hot:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: