goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness I was able to finally get GT5 on the cheap...I gave away my new copy to my nephew the day I got it after bringing it to my family's house for Thanksgiving.

[quote name='Muthafodder']GoHastings seems to be getting hammered.

Just checked SD...yup the SD effect is in effect :([/QUOTE]

Yep. Trying to search games and it ain't doing shit. :(

[quote name='jman619']Yep. Trying to search games and it ain't doing shit. :([/QUOTE]

I've been putting links in the OP for the popular titles...maybe you'll see one you want.

GoHastings is the site that is the easiest to tell when SD posts a deal for them. The whole site just grings to a halt. They need better servers.

[quote name='ackbar7']GoHastings is the site that is the easiest to tell when SD posts a deal for them. The whole site just grings to a halt. They need better servers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at least it's no longer on the front page of Hot Deals!

:ps3: NBA 2k11 :360: RB3, DA:O UE for $69.xx
:psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana :360: EA MMA :ps3: EA MMA for $45.xx

Brother's Christmas present game stack keeps growing bigger because I can't pass on a deal. :whistle2:#

Thanks OP.

[quote name='ackbar7']Pretty sure the site is dead now. Can't get any pages to load[/QUOTE]

A plague of locusts always comes to mind when I think of the SD effect...

They kill everything they swarm over and leave nothing behind...

RTRDASB.jpg

I'm glad I got in on this right after the OP. Amazing prices if you can get the site to load. That is a big if at the moment though

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, nothing I want. Other M and Enslaved prices are (were) beat by Amazon during sales, so I can wait.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for you. I know you've tried to get GT5 several times. I was going to get NBA Jam,but its out of stock. I'm sure they will have something else I want If it ever loads.

[quote name='Dranakin']All I want is GT5...:cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jman619']I feel sorry for you. I know you've tried to get GT5 several times. I was going to get NBA Jam,but its out of stock. I'm sure they will have something else I want If it ever loads.[/QUOTE]

Have you bookmarked this link at Amazon

I've heard others getting it from the Warehouse for $35 w/ FSSS.
But, I'd use this link instead of the Warehouse, as it will show up there first.

[quote name='realwords']Orgasmic offer. Thanks OP.

Anyone know if all of this will last past the 15th? That's when I get paid.[/QUOTE]

Upgraded shipping to expedited lasts until the 13th.
The B2G0 $1 lasts "this week only" and has been going on all week, so I'd say it ends tonight or tomorrow.

some of the games are back in stock, finally got AC brotherhood and GT5! Remember you can earn an extra 4% back if you use bigcrumbs.(see/click my sig)

[quote name='baz8771']Can't get the b2g1 $1 on ps3 games. I added BF:BC2, UFC 2010, and infamous and all I get is the 20%. :( So sad.[/QUOTE]

Did you use code MM123

Also for anyone ordering, there is a glitch. If you order 2 copies of the same game, and one of the copies is free, you will not get the 20% on the copy that is not free. Make sure you look at your checkout.

Another thing that I've used to my advantage in the past is to make sure choose the most likely in stock game is your free game(i.e., the cheapest). Basically, Go Hastings online inventory is inaccurate as hell, so even though it'll let you check out and complete the order, they could be sold out. So what will happen is that they will cancel the OOS, but honor the rest of the order. For example, if you ordered COD Black Ops, GT5, and GOW III, sometimes it'll turn into a BOGO if COD or GT5 is out of stock.

Other than that I think the best flip games are probably Fable III and Splatterhouse.

[quote name='baz8771']Can't get the b2g1 $1 on ps3 games. I added BF:BC2, UFC 2010, and infamous and all I get is the 20%. :( So sad.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you didn't choose a 'previously viewed' game by accident. Also make sure you click the checkbox 'I am over 17' before you apply the coupon. If one of the games is mature and you don't check that box, nothing will happen until it is checked.

I picked up Dragon Age Origins Ultimate for PS3, and Enslaved : Odyssey to The West and Spider-Man : Shattered Dimensions for 360 for $69 with expedited shipping. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='Zbornak']I picked up Dragon Age Origins Ultimate for PS3, and Enslaved : Odyssey to The West and Spider-Man : Shattered Dimensions for 360 for $69 with expedited shipping. Thanks for the heads-up.[/QUOTE]

you must have got the last Enslaved......

Added 3 more orders. All PS3 except Kirby
Fallout 3 GOTY
NCAA Football 11
RE5 Gold
~$56
and
RDR Undead
BFBC 2
Hasbro Family game Night 3
~$46
SW TFU CE
Kirby EY
AC:B
~$80
This sale is killing me, but man those are some great prices

[quote name='ackbar7']Added 3 more orders. All PS3 except Kirby
Fallout 3 GOTY
NCAA Football 11
RE5 Gold
~$56
and
RDR Undead
BFBC 2
Hasbro Family game Night 2
~$46
SW TFU CE
Kirby EY
AC:B
~$80
This sale is killing me, but man those are some great prices[/QUOTE]

same here. hope the quality is decent on these used. never bought anything from Gohastings before. I placed 2 different orders.

contemplating Star Wars KOTR I and II and republic commando for ~$35...
Is this a good deal... i was hoping to get the games at less than $10 a piece... :/

Wow ACB and NBA 2K11 for PS3 are gone. Was going to cancel and reorder using Bcrumbs to take out the price of tax but never mind :p Good thing I ordered them along with TFU2. I hope they ship soon. I'd be pissed if they were cancelled.

Man all the prices say one thing in the platform listing and then inside it is different on every one. The stuff i want is like ultimate edition DA:O and others i already own but want the more beefy version of it. This place sends to many times the regular ones and lists it as the ultimate or limited... I will pass i wanted EA MMA but not worth taking a chance on the so called DA:O UE and whatever others i wanted.

[quote name='hwmusic']same here. hope the quality is decent on these used. never bought anything from Gohastings before. I placed 2 different orders.[/QUOTE]
Most things from gohastings come complete, many are like new. In fact about 1 in 10 games I have ordered used form them are show up new and sealed. I personally don't think there are many better retailers to buy used games from.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The stuff i want is like ultimate edition DA:O and others i already own but want the more beefy version of it. This place sends to many times the regular ones and lists it as the ultimate or limited...[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting until I receive mine before returning the one I purchased on Amazon a few weeks back.

[quote name='ackbar7']Most things from gohastings come complete, many are like new. In fact about 1 in 10 games I have ordered used form them are show up new and sealed. I personally don't think there are many better retailers to buy used games from.[/QUOTE]

I don't quite agree. Alot of my games have arrived complete, probably about 3/5s, but none of them have ever been sealed or even like new. Many of my orders come with alot of sticker gunk and wear on the cases, and sometimes with some light scratches or scuffs on the discs. I would certainly say the odds of getting a game in good condition are higher than gamestop, and they've all worked just fine, but I've yet to get any used game that's come in pristine condition.

contemplating Star Wars KOTR I and II and republic commando for ~$35...
Is this a good deal... i was hoping to get the games at less than $10 a piece... :/
If it's not urgent, and you're not bothered by/willing to risk the possibility of getting disc-only games, I would suggest getting them through gamestop.com since they have a B1G2 on Xbox games. All three are out of stock right now but just put them on a wish list and they'll probably show up there soon, and it'll only cost you $20 for the whole lot.

I'm using this deal to stack with their 5 books for 20 deal

So basically:

LBP GOTY - $11
4 books for $4 each (any book 29.99 or less)
1 book for $1 (reduced because of MM123)

Pretty sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back