The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#31 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

Thank god for a new engine. The engine they made for Oblivion sucked hard with the amount of bugs games that used it had. Now I just hope I don't end up hating the game itself like I did with Oblivion.

#32 kitpowers007

kitpowers007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

80+ hours played of Oblivion and played Morrowind on computer a lot but computer problems caused game to erase and never got back to trying to play again. Looking forward to another Elder Scrolls. Although it comes out on my birthday, I'll probably wait for a GOTY or whatever it'll be called that contains all the dlc it could have.

:360: :50,000 - 4/21/2011. 3 days short of my 3 year Xbox 360 anniversary.

:360: :88888 - 10/6/2013
34gvq51.jpg2vl4nrt.jpg

#33 Snuckles

Snuckles

And here we go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:24 AM

I hope its more Morrowind with Oblivion hit system. I loved both games though so either way watever. I can not wait for this game though!!!!! Really wanting some new races and just a ton of stuff to do.

#34 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

Bethesda confirms new engine:
http://twitter.com/#...010984884604929

great news

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#35 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:28 AM

Funny thing is I have the originals on PC from when they released. This was supposed to be just a trilogy.. Still an amzing set of games. I cannot wait for this. I am about half way through oblivion and recently sold off a ton of my games so I can concentrate on whats fun, and not what was cheap. I have just a few to go through before I get to oblivion again..

Why they dont re release the Arena game on Wii is beyond me its set for it with the mouse swinging the sword.

Man this made my day for sure.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#36 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

This has me 100% in for this sequel. Glad the dev knows their engine has aged.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#37 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

Ah, Chameleon. Yeah, that definitely broke the game.

Amen. Enchanting your own items in general not only broke the game for me at a ridiculous pace but completely rendered the loot mechanic obsolete which made playing that much more taxing for me (one of the few that actually enjoy it). I'm willing to give the sequel a chance though especially with a new engine. I just hope they aren't going for the all-too popular "one size fits all" super RPG-Lite approach as my backlog is already bogged down as it is with titles stretching themselves too thin by juggling way too much conflicting content and not enough polish or balance for that matter.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#38 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Awesome. :D

#39 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

I'm a little concerned that it is a sequel. To my knowledge they've never done that before. Obviously Morrowind to Oblivion was not a sequel in any way. Hopefully the main quest is better this time, I found the guild story lines and side quests much more entertaining than the main story line in oblivion. And +1 for a new engine, I couldn't have imagined them reusing an engine from 2006. Hopefully it's not the Fallout engine.

And to anyone who hasn't played oblivion get started now! It's incredible, I probably spent more hours in that game than any other 360 game I own.

#40 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

Just about fell off my chair reading the announcement this morning. Now I DEFINITELY need to get back into Oblivion! Over 100 hours, and still not finished with the main story (and I have the 2 other expansions to play, as well).

#41 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

And +1 for a new engine, I couldn't have imagined them reusing an engine from 2006. Hopefully it's not the Fallout engine.

The Fallout engine is the same engine as Oblivion used (Gamebryo).

Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas have all used updated versions of this same engine.

33126.png

#42 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

The Fallout engine is the same engine as Oblivion used (Gamebryo).

Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas have all used updated versions of this same engine.

Well, that's good to know that it will be 100% new. Hopefully the combat will continue to evolve as well.

#43 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

this sounds awesome, loved oblivion

#44 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Looks like the new Gameinformer stuff got leaked.

On leveling:
Totally revamped, no more class selection at the start of the game, every skill you level contributes to your overall level. And each time you level you get extra health plus the ability to get either more health, magicka or stamina.
Each level also brings you perks. Cool abilities I guess like in Fallout 3.
Also, the leveling was moved from 1-25 or something like that to 1-50, but 50 is soft-capped, you just advance really slow after that.

On skills:
Mysticism is gone.
18 skills, down from 21 on Oblivion, and 27 on Morrowind.
Tries to accomodate players who want to specialize in a certain proffesion (like mage or thief), while at the same time giving room for players who like to do plenty of everything. They want to keep a special care so that this feels good, not prone to cheating and organic.
Enchanting is back, and also, Weapon Smithing is apparently introduced

On the story and lore:
200 years after Oblivion. Set in Skyrim, a region north of the imperial city, where the Nords live.
The dragons are returning, as it was prophetized. You are gonna be trying to stop the wicked dragon god. You are a dragonborn, a dragon hunter. Your mentor is one of the last blade, voiced by some old dude from Shutter Island and Minority Report.
Also, there is a civil war, since the king is dead.
Enemies include were-yeti's, giant spider, dragons and other cool creatures.

On combat:
They want to make it more dynamic and tactical. You have to assign each hand with a function I think, either magic, 2 weapons, a weapon and a shield, etc.
You can also waste stamina by sprinting, allowing you to get access to tactical postitions.
Emphasis on really improving the combat this time around.
They are also putting care on how each weapon feel on your hand.

Other:
Third person view has been improved
5 massive cities, more variation in caves and underground stuff.
Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore. Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.
Also, there is an option for No HUD

On quests:
Quests are much more dynamic now.
The quests are now more determined by how you build your chracter, individual actions and overall much more dynamic. Examples provided: If you are more of a magic user, some other mage may approach you who may not have had if you were just a melee character. Or if you killed some dude who owned a store that was gonna give you a quest, his sister would inherit the store, but she may resent you before giving you the quest. Also, if you drop a weapon in the street instead of selling it, it may just dissapear, some kid may get it and give it back to you, which would lead to a series of stuff, or some dudes may fight over who gets it.
Also, it said that the quests you are given would be modified by how you have played (I guess like scaling the quests). For example, the location of a rescue mission would be determined by which location you have visited (it will try to give you a dungeon you haven't been in) and I guess also giving you appropiate enemies to your level.

Scans

Spoiler

#45 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

Amazing.

33126.png

#46 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

So far so good. Depending on what the future holds I may have to drop a pre-order on this one.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#47 icp_00_111

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

I can't wait!! The forth one was one of my favorite games this gen, the only thing I hope they change is the enemy auto-leveling.

#48 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

Yeah it looks very good. Can't wait.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

Stormtrooper skeletons, yee-haw! :D

Seriously, sounds good, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it. I was hyped for Oblivion too but felt let down in the end.

#50 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

Dude, so stoked on this game!

#51 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info Amblix!

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#52 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info Amblix!

No problem bro.

It said they had fixed third person mode, I hope they did. :bouncy:

#53 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

And let the hype start.

seanr1221.png

#54 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

First gameplay trailer:

http://www.joystiq.c...meplay-trailer/

The words "holy crap" spring to mind.

33126.png

#55 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Incredible. I can't wait.

#56 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

Looks fantastic.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#57 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

Holy poop!

:drool:

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#58 bigboy7

bigboy7

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

Can't wait for it to come out.

#59 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

/boner

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#60 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

looks BADASS

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie