1188 replies to this topic

#1021 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Ah thanks was curious which houses I could upgrade with the hearthfire dlc

http://elderscrolls....s_V:_Hearthfire

Im kind of curious if i can change into a werewolf, then into a vampire, then back into a werewolf? I read mixed info on the net. Some say you can talk to Aela if you are a vamp and she can change you back to a werewolf. Some say if you are a vamp from dawnguard you cant go back.

My main guy is usually a good guy, so i will probably fight the vamps in dawnguard, instead of becoming one, but becoming one sounds like it would be more fun, and who knows if ill ever replay this game as a bad guy.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1022 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Im kind of curious if i can change into a werewolf, then into a vampire, then back into a werewolf? I read mixed info on the net. Some say you can talk to Aela if you are a vamp and she can change you back to a werewolf. Some say if you are a vamp from dawnguard you cant go back.

My main guy is usually a good guy, so i will probably fight the vamps in dawnguard, instead of becoming one, but becoming one sounds like it would be more fun, and who knows if ill ever replay this game as a bad guy.

That's why people tell you to save before this DLC incase you wanna go back. I'm team werewolf

#1023 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I was a Werewolf in vanilla Skyrim. Went Vampire Lord when Dawnguard dropped, and can confirm that Aela turned me back when I was done. I was married to her, but doubt that had anything to do with it.

Didn't mess with transforming any more than that.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#1024 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'm at the last part of the main quest chain in Dragonborn. I think I am going to stop explore a little and finish a few of these side quests. I'm not a huge fan of some of the side quests requiring you to go back to Skyrim, but whatevs.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1025 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Spoilers beware:
Spoiler

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1026 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I went with Aela the Huntress. She is not invincible, but she favors bow and arrow so generally she's behind me, attacking from a ways away while I'm mixing it up with the enemies at melee range. Plus I liked her voice and my character is a werewolf too so it seemed like a good fit. She has died a couple of times (only ever by friendly fire when she wandered right in front of my sword), but I save frequently enough that it wasn't a big deal to just reload. I had her in Elven or Glass light armor most of the time (Forsworn armor if I felt like having a little eye candy around ;) ), and it wasn't a problem keeping her in something as long as it has better stats than her default outfit. You can also give her one really good arrow like a Daedric arrow and she will make infinite copies of it as long as you keep her equipped with her default bow.

I actually used Aela for almost my entire playtime until just switching her for Serana last night after starting the Dawnguard DLC.

Aela is voiced by Claudia Christensen of Babylon 5 fame.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1027 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I went with Aela the Huntress. She is not invincible, but she favors bow and arrow so generally she's behind me, attacking from a ways away while I'm mixing it up with the enemies at melee range. Plus I liked her voice and my character is a werewolf too so it seemed like a good fit. She has died a couple of times (only ever by friendly fire when she wandered right in front of my sword), but I save frequently enough that it wasn't a big deal to just reload. I had her in Elven or Glass light armor most of the time (Forsworn armor if I felt like having a little eye candy around ;) ), and it wasn't a problem keeping her in something as long as it has better stats than her default outfit. You can also give her one really good arrow like a Daedric arrow and she will make infinite copies of it as long as you keep her equipped with her default bow.

I actually used Aela for almost my entire playtime until just switching her for Serana last night after starting the Dawnguard DLC.

I've encounted a major bug after Dawnguard was installed that the game no longer recognizes Aela as my wife, she now stays at the Companions home, and someone from the Companion quest line has come back to life.

Also beware that even if he/she is sleeping, you cannot vampire feed from your spouse. They will instantly detect and aggro you. Anyone else seems to be fine. Haven't tried to use the vampire seduction but I believe they may be immune to it.

42869.png

#1028 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I kind of wish that she would stop being my wife because she does not shut the Fuck up about the shifting moon.

I get it bitch, go inside and make me a homecooked meal.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#1029 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I kind of wish that she would stop being my wife because she does not shut the Fuck up about the shifting moon.

I get it bitch, go inside and make me a homecooked meal.

Sounds like my ex fiancee.

#1030 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Which one?

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1031 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Damn everyone went aela in this thread

#1032 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

It's because everyone else went Ysolda.

Here's a secret though. Sylgja is the best.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1033 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Ysolda until the end of time.
Posted Image

#1034 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Which one?

The fourth one, so like, two ago.

And I still haven't gotten married in Skyrim yet :I

#1035 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

The fourth one, so like, two ago.

And I still haven't gotten married in Skyrim yet :I

laying down that dragonborn cock in all those maiden whores in riften? you dog you

I dunno who ysolda is or sylgia is once my orc eyes saw Aela I knew there would be no other.

#1036 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

If I remember correctly I married Muiri. I don't go home a lot though, it's kinda akward with Lydia around all the time at my house.

#1037 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I finally finished the Dark Brotherhood questline today. I think I still have the College and Civil War to do and then I'll be done with main game after 100 hours. I still have never been to Falkreath and I plan never to go.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1038 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I finally finished the Dark Brotherhood questline today. I think I still have the College and Civil War to do and then I'll be done with main game after 100 hours. I still have never been to Falkreath and I plan never to go.

I still have the main story and civil war to do as well, but I just started getting back into it after a 6+ month hiatus. Did the "Season Unending" quest a week or so ago and I must say
Spoiler

#1039 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

You should do it again after the main quest when she's not essential anymore.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1040 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Did they fix the glitch of you losing your dark brotherhood horse? I never got that thing back I just moved on to the second best horse in the game (frost)

#1041 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I haven't bothered to check if he's still around.

Horses are stupid in a game where I never walk anywhere.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1042 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Wow that new sig.

Dude horse combat!

#1043 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Dude horse combat!

Is stupid?

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1044 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Tell that to that dead cave bear whos head I just smashed in

#1045 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

I did that once.

It was pretty stupid.

And then I was like "Why am I not fast traveling?"

Besides, if I ever actually NEED to walk somewhere, I just werewolf my ass over there.

Horses are stupid.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1046 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I had a dream I was running like a werewolf from skyrim all I could see were my front two legs and the occasional back two legs. Best dream ever.

Only weeabo's would choose to stay a vampire lord over a werewolf btw

#1047 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

yeah, horse travel is pretty dumb. I used Shadowmere the mission I got him to see if I would like the new horse combat and it was just tedious.

#1048 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Dragon riding is fun.
Posted Image

#1049 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Dragon riding is fun.

I have ridden 6 dragons and counting... no achievement so far. :P

Shadowmere also disappeared on me tonight. :cry: He's just not there anymore and I have no idea what happened. Can he fall off a cliff on his own?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1050 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Probably, plus he is no longer the invincible immortal he once was.
Posted Image