The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#1051 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Did a little googling and found out that Arvak actually replaces Shadowmere, and can be summoned in Skyrim! I had assumed Arvak was only usable within the Cairn. Apparently I can get Shadowmere back if I find where he last fast traveled to (probably Castle Volkihar), but screw that, I'm sticking with Arvak!

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1052 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Just turned into a werewolf today, its pretty cool. Had a minor adjustment trying to kill people in 3rd person view. Also running as a werewolf seems clunky lol.

I wanted to go to the thieves guild to change my face to have the same face paint as Aela, but that paint wasnt an option. Could have sworn it was. -_-

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1053 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I've played the entire game in third person.

#1054 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I only play in third person when I am Dual-weilding swords, because it looks awesome. Otherwise, I got a shield on and it's more entertaining to bash Cthulhu with a shield in First Person.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1055 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I hate playing this game in first person. Been playing 3rd since the beginning.

btw can you marry vampire girl?

#1056 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'm at level 29 and have barely even scratched the surface of the main quest (no dragons yet in Skyrim). I keep doing all the side missions. It's pretty amazing how this game can have you going on so many different tangents. I had planned on joining the Companions and then the Thieves Guild, but I decided to go bounty hunting for a giant. In the process, I came across my first Dwemer ruin, which has provided some awesome loot. Unfortunately, I'm over my carrying capacity, so I've been stealth walking with my bow drawn for the a good portion of the dungeon.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the extra pockets perk so that I can carry around more stuff. I'm not far enough into the main story to be able to buy a house yet; otherwise, I'd store a bunch of stuff there. As such, I've had to resort to keeping extra items (i.e. stolen goods and stuff too expensive to sell) in a barrel near the blacksmith shop in Whiterun.

#1057 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

btw can you marry vampire girl?

No.

Because Bethesda cockblock.

Or... if you want to bring lore into it:
Spoiler

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1058 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

I'm at level 29 and have barely even scratched the surface of the main quest (no dragons yet in Skyrim). I keep doing all the side missions. It's pretty amazing how this game can have you going on so many different tangents. I had planned on joining the Companions and then the Thieves Guild, but I decided to go bounty hunting for a giant. In the process, I came across my first Dwemer ruin, which has provided some awesome loot. Unfortunately, I'm over my carrying capacity, so I've been stealth walking with my bow drawn for the a good portion of the dungeon.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the extra pockets perk so that I can carry around more stuff. I'm not far enough into the main story to be able to buy a house yet; otherwise, I'd store a bunch of stuff there. As such, I've had to resort to keeping extra items (i.e. stolen goods and stuff too expensive to sell) in a barrel near the blacksmith shop in Whiterun.

I just got the extra pockets perk last night. i am up to about 500+ depending on which enchanted items i wear. Thank god for enchanted items! I was always trying to figure out what to throw back because i had too much to carry.

Also if you are a vampire, cant you just bite your wife and turn her into a vampire?

#1059 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm sitting around 470 for weight. I took the perk that makes heavy armor weightless so my Daedric armor doesnt count, makes things far easier.

#1060 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm at 530 without the use of enchantments, rather use that stuff for combat related things.

I'm always carrying less than half that though. Money is not an issue and I'm already geared out that looting really isn't a thing that I do anymore. The only time I ever get close to going over is when I'm going around and stocking up on Hearthfire supplies.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#1061 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

I'm not far enough into the main story to be able to buy a house yet; otherwise, I'd store a bunch of stuff there. As such, I've had to resort to keeping extra items (i.e. stolen goods and stuff too expensive to sell) in a barrel near the blacksmith shop in Whiterun.

Be careful where you store your items. A lot of containers are not safe and a bunch that are tend to bug out sometimes, specifically the one you're using. I've read a lot of different reports on weather that barrel is safe or not.

Really, getting a house is very easy. If you complete the second main quest (fighting the dragon) you get the option to buy a house in Whiterun. In any other main city, regardless of main story progression, you just have to complete three radiant quest there in order to become thane and purchase a house.

Also if you are a vampire, cant you just bite your wife and turn her into a vampire?

There's a quest to do that, but it can't be done to Aela.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1062 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Of course. :( Does that trigger if you're a vampire lord but didn't join the vampire side in Dawnguard? Or is that for vampires only in vanilla Skyrim?

Edit: NVM, I see it's only for the vampire side of Dawnguard.

Edited by MSUHitman, 03 January 2013 - 08:17 AM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1063 aplusjimages

aplusjimages

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Web series I'm working on about people addicted to Skyrim.

Youtube

#1064 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Web series I'm working on about people addicted to Skyrim.

Youtube

watched and liked =]

#1065 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Be careful where you store your items. A lot of containers are not safe and a bunch that are tend to bug out sometimes, specifically the one you're using. I've read a lot of different reports on weather that barrel is safe or not.

Really, getting a house is very easy. If you complete the second main quest (fighting the dragon) you get the option to buy a house in Whiterun. In any other main city, regardless of main story progression, you just have to complete three radiant quest there in order to become thane and purchase a house.

I might go ahead and just fight the dragon so I can go ahead and buy the house. As for the items I've stored in a barrel, I'm not too concerned about losing them. Most of the items were stolen and don't have a ton of value.

#1066 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I left all my shit in the dark brotherhood house

#1067 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Ive been trying to buy the house in windhelm but the guy keeps saying its not ready yet. Ive read that i have to do 5 missions for people around town, and i thought i did that already. Already finished the imperials vs bloodcoats quest line. Its dumb cos the two guys you kill in the windhelm
Spoiler

#1068 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

So im planning to marry Aela the huntress, move to lakeview manor which is a nice wooded area for us werewolves to settle down. Gunna adopt Hroar cos he sounds like a werewolf roar. LOL. And probably sofie cos i met her a day ago and her parents died. :( My house will have kitchen, bedroom, and i think trophy room. Maybe put a few wolves in the trophy room. I tried to make a storage room but that is just a waste. And i dont want an alchemy room. I already have a trophy room in my other house but i can pick different animals, plus the kids will like it i think. LOL im putting too much thought into this.

#1069 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I adopted Lucia, a homeless girl in Whiterun. I really only did it for the achievement but she was SO stoked to go live in a mansion in Solitude, it made me feel kinda good. :) She said that Aela took her to the market and taught her how to bake a cake, and I'm like, really? That doesn't sound like Aela. :lol:

One thing that gets me in this game is how easily everyone else seems to get around. Like, after I adopted Lucia she just says she'll meet me in Solitude. I'm like, really? When I traveled from Whiterun to Solitude, I had all kinds of crazy and life-threatening adventures along the way, and I'm a certified badass. But Lucia's like, whatever.

#1070 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I dont understand why the chances of pickpocketing some things goes down from like 15% to 0% AFTER i drink a potion that is supposed to help make pickpocketing 40% easier. Isnt the higher the number the easier the chances, like 90%? Even when i put on my boots that help pickpocket, or a necklace i have, everything that i add to make it easier, seems to make it harder to pickpocket. It doesnt make sense.

Edited by The 7th Number, 04 January 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#1071 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think the chance it shows is actually the chance of getting caught. Maybe?

#1072 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

It's a bug.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#1073 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Finished the Dawnguard DLC and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I can understand why people weren't happy that it didn't add a lot of new territory to explore, like Dragonborn does, but narratively it was excellent and I got a bunch of killer loot. It was also nice to be able to change my character's haircut finally. Why do they even give you option of a ponytail if it's going to clip through almost every armor set?

#1074 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Aela the huntress doesnt seem to like living in lakeview manor. I asked her how the kids were and she went on a rant about having to fight off wolves, spiders, and other animals. Said i dont know what you were thinking moving here. :(

On a side note she got kidnapped by some bandits so i had to rescue her. Went to the mining cave, turned into a werewolf and saved her ass. :D That was pretty cool.

I also adopted sofie, went to give her a doll and it said she couldnt carry anymore. Looked it up on the net and seems to be a problem not just for me.

Also adopted a boy Hroar or whatever his name is. And a husky dog from the dawnguard building. :D

#1075 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

God damn dexion won't stop attacking the dawnguard I can't progress the mission

#1076 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Did you ask to him stop? Nicely, perhaps?
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1077 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm beating him with my war club and healing him does that count?

I got him to now just run around the fortress being chased by 10 other dawnguards its too late to deal with this shit right now.

#1078 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Looks like theres no fix on xbox that I could find luckily I saved before doing this mission only lost 2 hours of gameplay

#1079 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Finally made it to Whiterun and got Soul Trap, so now I can actually do something with all those empty soul gems I have. I'm also in the middle of joining the Stormcloak rebellion, and I also plan on joining the Companions after that. After that, I have to decide whether or not to join the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild or proceed with the main quest line. I'm at level 33 and still haven't fought my first dragon.

#1080 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Argh. I am trying to finish off the Thieves Guild quests and Delvin/Vex just will not give me any jobs in Markarth. I've finished everything in the other three cities and turned down a bunch of Riften jobs. Have not even been offered a single one in Markarth. Is there a way to fix this?